It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sponsors give Woods cold shoulder over sex row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

Tiger Woods, one of the hottest marketing symbols on the planet, is getting the cold shoulder on television where ads featuring the golfing star have disappeared since news broke of his philandering.

Nielsen, the New York-based consumer research company, said the once ubiquitous Woods had not appeared in a prime-time TV commercial since a November 29 Gillette ad.

That was two days after his image went into freefall with a car accident outside his Florida home and subsequent revelations of a marital crisis over his alleged affairs with a string of women.

I'm not defending Tigers' infidelity's. But this hypocrisy is so American. Most males would love to have been in his position with sports groupies at his beck and call. But lets punish him for living the American sexual, sportsman, competitors dream.

I hope Tiger gets his game together and beats all comers in his coming tournaments. And gets European endorsements out the gizetch and gives the finger to the hypocritical media, and corporate running dogs.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sorry to disagree but about time...

Mr Clean and Perfect who is our role models lost his multi-million dollar deals

sorry if I am not upset by this

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Time will tell. It doesn't look too good. But AFAIK he hasn't lost any sponsorships yet. They are just laying low in a wait and see mode. America loves to build someone up just to tear them down. Then, they love to forgive them and give second (and sometimes 3rd, 4th etc....) chances.

Mike Vick, Kobe, Andy Pettite etc...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would be VERY surprised if Nike gives him the boot...he IS Nike, but who knows?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm betting this leads to a overall decline in his career, possibly a completely drop by all sponsors by the time everything is said and done. Unfortunately its only fitting for someone once risen so high to come plummeting back to earth.

new topics

top topics

join