It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
theuhstuf :

thanks for the link. I have been aware of the binary research institute for quite a while and have listened to quit a few of their radio shows. I would advise all to at least try. they have quite a bit of free listening and a good portion of it is not too bad.

I_am_Spartacus :

thankfully there have been no fools on this thread so far. well I guess that may also depend on ones view of the fool but so far everyone has acted impecably to each other and fought and exchanged and still managed to be quite civil to each other. for this reason I thank all. I would be pleased if we could continue in the same fashion.

stereologist :

you changed your avatar?

peace to you all

daz

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi again all or to anyone still following.
Haven't posted anything for a while new on this subject but now at least some relevent data has turned up. I will presume everyone is familiar with WISE and it's current mission so I won't elaborate on it but it seems that it has come up with some of the goods already. It has found two brown dwarfs and named them wise 1 and 2. I did not comfirm how far away they were.

Wright later said that whereas the spectra of WISE 1 and WISE 2 are unambiguous, the spacecraft has found many more objects that may also be brown dwarfs. Confirmation of those will await follow-up observations, which the group has proposed on the Spitzer Space Telescope. Distances to the two new brown dwarfs are not known, Wright added, but WISE should be able to turn up bundles of such objects in its 10-month mission, some of which may be closer to the solar system than Proxima Centauri, the nearest known star to the sun.

WISE Satellite Already Spots Two Brown Dwarf's

Peace one and all

daz

[edit on 20/7/2010 by daz__]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As promised, I will try and keep this thread updated as information surfaces.
The following headline is from the sun.co.uk from the 12 of March 2010

Earth under attack from Death Star

AN invisible star may be circling the Sun and causing deadly comets to bombard the Earth, scientists said yesterday. The brown dwarf - up to five times the size of Jupiter - could be to blame for mass extinctions that occur here every 26 million years. The star - nicknamed Nemesis by Nasa scientists - would be invisible as it only emits infrared light and is incredibly distant.
www.thesun.co.uk... -under-attack-from-Death-Star.html

I am not going to vouch for the following news outlet but as some of you who follow this type of news will know about the buzz sourrounding this exceptional object reported to be found..

NASA: Exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood

NASA: Exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood - NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference - NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of anexceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood. The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, 300 E St. SW in Washington and carried live on NASA TV.
www.ufodigest.com... mic-neighborhood

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference

NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood. The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, 300 E St. SW in Washington and carried live on NASA TV.
www.redorbit.com... unces_televised_chandra_news_conference/

For information on how to tune into NASA tv follow the following link.
www.nasa.gov...

It should be interesting to see if NASA will release any interesting information this time. But perhaps it will be more of the same from them and have nothing of interest to report. We shall soon see..

peace to you all

daz__

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks for your diligence.

Yes, I can hardly believe that they will report about this. We shall see. I am not getting my hopes up that the announcement will be anything significant.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daz__

The first item you mentioned is no longer online, but was a horrible report on the following paper:
Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in

the Oort Cloud

It's amazing how poorly someone can report on a scientific paper.

The next link is also dead. And number 3 is also a dead link. The information in the first link is unrelated to the second and third link.

Here is a link to the report from NASA:
NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference

Remember that this is in reference to our cosmic neighborhood. Fifty or 100 light years away could be considered to be our neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

thanks for pointing out the dead links. Really mad. I find it really strange that all those links should disappear in a matter of hours. I had a copy of the first in my cache from the sun and uploaded it to my web site. For any one interested you can still see it here

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daz__

The Sun article is not related to this Chandra report. The Sun article is about a statistical analysis of comets and the possible existence of something other than Nemesis. If you check the article it shows that the probability of the object they hypothesize is small.

I think that your links may have gone belly up because the web pages have been moved by mods.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Thanks for your diligence.

Yes, I can hardly believe that they will report about this. We shall see. I am not getting my hopes up that the announcement will be anything significant.

That would depend on your definition of "significant".

Esoterically, there could be a report that is VERY significant to science, but the significance may lost on the general public.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here is the report
NASA'S Chandra Finds Youngest Nearby Black Hole

The 30-year-old object is a remnant of SN 1979C, a supernova in the galaxy M100 approximately 50 million light years from Earth.

I was wondering how far out a cosmic neighbor could be. That's significantly farther than I imagined. Apparently, when it comes to x-ray sources that's a neighbor.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Why, on the following linked site
66.163.168.225... eladamente-nuestros-informes-sobre-la-enana-marron-y-reconoce-que-son-ciertos%2f
does it quote a newspaper article written on 12 march 2012?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neil wilkes
Why, on the following linked site
66.163.168.225... eladamente-nuestros-informes-sobre-la-enana-marron-y-reconoce-que-son-ciertos%2f
does it quote a newspaper article written on 12 march 2012?

I dunno -- probably a typo??

Considering that the source article you posted was from March 15 2010, it seems likely that they meant March 12 2010, NOT 2012.

EDIT TO ADD - UPDATE:

Confirmed...here is the Sun story from March 12 2010.
Keep in mind as you read this that it IS The Sun and should be taken with a heavy dose of salt
, although in this case I have to say the story is entirely plausible:

www.thesun.co.uk...

edit on 11/15/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I meant significant to the thread topic, is all. No need to read between the lines here or go off topic as to the significance of the report, which may be quite significant to some people for other reasons.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

Sorry if I misunderstood -- but as predicted there were plenty of people on the "Chandra press conference" thread who seemed genuinely upset with NASA for daring to have a press conference that "only" discussed the potential discovery of a 30 year old (as seen from Earth) potential black hole, as if that very exciting astronomical discovery was not worthy of a news conference.

It may be true that Chandra's discovery may not be "significant" to everyone's daily lives, but that does not mean it isn't significant to science, and one of NASA's missions is the pursuit of scientific understanding. Therefore, the press conference was very much warranted, and the discovery was certainly "significant" to astronomy.

NASA regularly has press conferences to announce interesting discoveries -- it's just that most go unnoticed by the masses, probably due to the "unglamorous" nature and subject matter of the research being done.
edit on 11/15/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I was wondering how far out a cosmic neighbor could be. That's significantly farther than I imagined. Apparently, when it comes to x-ray sources that's a neighbor.

When it comes to the Cosmos, it's a very near neighbour. I would consider anywhere in the local group of galaxies to be our immediate neighbourhood - and that covers a range of 10 million light years.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Is this ELENIN???? Any takers???????????

..Old thread and I think it got side railed...object in question and the disturbances would fit...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

A brown dwarf star is a star that failed to gain sufficient mass to ignite. It's not going to be larger than the sun if it's a brown dwarf. If it were to be a dead star that had previously undergone fusion, it would have either blown itself to bits or become a white dwarf. Something isn't jiving here, I don't think a second star is being observed.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daz__
theuhstuf :

thanks for the link. I have been aware of the binary research institute for quite a while and have listened to quit a few of their radio shows. I would advise all to at least try. they have quite a bit of free listening and a good portion of it is not too bad.

I_am_Spartacus :

thankfully there have been no fools on this thread so far. well I guess that may also depend on ones view of the fool but so far everyone has acted impecably to each other and fought and exchanged and still managed to be quite civil to each other. for this reason I thank all. I would be pleased if we could continue in the same fashion.

stereologist :

you changed your avatar?

peace to you all

daz

Amazing! since your OP attempted to bash NASA, the agency that has uncovered more than half of the world's discoveries of space exploration, instead of just launching military and communications satellites like the rest of the world does. I only wish you research deeper into the thousands of private contractors that build the equipment trusted for NASA to launch yourself to educate yourself of this fictitious skepticism that NASA lies but everyone else doesn't. You see how that doesn't make any sense?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
reply to post by Anamnesis

A brown dwarf star is a star that failed to gain sufficient mass to ignite. It's not going to be larger than the sun if it's a brown dwarf. If it were to be a dead star that had previously undergone fusion, it would have either blown itself to bits or become a white dwarf. Something isn't jiving here, I don't think a second star is being observed.

Don't go and spoil the fun with proven observable physics, they are just lying and anything is possible you know.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think this "Brown Dwarf" can only been seen in the infrared spectrum. Would it be possible that while in the infrared spectrum, depending on other factors(light/dark/etc.), could that affect it's view or give an illusion mirror type effect?

The NASA WISE telescope was Infrared and it was shutdown just recently of this year??

So all someone needs to do is scan the sky in the Infrared spectrum as a start!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Here's the problem..

We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR.

Nobody can see it...

People could see it from their backyards...they don't.

There is nothing there..

~Keeper

Unless you own a telescope that can view in infrared, you will not be able to see this object...it's a brown dwarf star.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join