It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of us REALLY know anything about Climate change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I really don't know a great deal about the science of climate change(not being a scientist). Yet it would seem many on here have come to a clear stance on Climate change denouncing it as a FRAUD. Have people come to this conclusion by studying the science or are your opinions influenced in any way?.

I believe global warming is man made. I don't believe in the solutions being provided by TPTB at Copenhagan. The only people to benefit will be the Rich and elites.

the science I believe is still correct, so what should you do? Try and improve our environment or just carry on as usual as some would argue?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is no "science" involved in the current hypothesis of MMGW. It is a bunch of speculation. There is not enough data or evidence to determine an answer to that hypothesis.

That is what it comes down too.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hi, woodwardjnr.

To "know" is not mandatory, but **observation** tells a lot !:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It could also help to investigate on WHO says it is a fraud ?

Group promoting climate skepticism has extensive ties to Exxon-Mobil

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How bizarre? They are those selling petrol and all ??? ! ! !
How bizarre? They are those that did no get in the "Kyoto ptotocol" ?? ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

In the same light, look at WHO is promoting AGW, oh the government you say? Wow look at that they stand to make trillions of dollars off of taxes because of this.

Your point is a bunch of rubbish.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

All you need to understand is that history paints a good picture of what climate change has done to our world, is a natural way of earth renewal.

That is why the world we live today is not the same world of billions of years ago.

We just happen to be part as humans to this new world.

While species has perished and go extinct before us.

Who is to say we are to become like those species before us.

Now as for climate change is real, is happening and is natural, man made I don't bite into it as long as is historical facts telling that this no new and happen before many times before human were even in part of earth.

By all means keep researching and learning about earth and it cycles, changes, movements and species, then make your own opinion, keep the ones you have or just make adjustments if needed.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Man made global warming is a religion. Its based on false data. Notice how they changed the name, as warming is not happening now, and they call it climate change, lol.

If there was proof for global warming they would never of changed the name, full stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I am no expert on climate change but then again I do not need to be an expert to see a scam is taking shape, a scam that has obviously been planned a long time ago and a scam that cynically plays upon the well meaning hopes and well meaning intentions of people who wish to help their environment.

No, I am no expert but what I do know for a fact is that government s the world over rarely tells the truth about anything, and yet all of a sudden this man made climate change is upon us out of the blue and the government is telling the truth this time?

I’m not buying the blame game for a split second because my opinion is influenced not by the science behind this scam but rather by the record of government to lie to further their agendas of the day, agendas that invariably tend to revolve around political influence and the dirty buck.

It all stinks like a sewer and now the mainstream media have stepped up (as was probably planned in some secret briefing) and coordinated a well planned campaign in favour of this global warming scam.

You know, I am not saying humanity has not played any part in this global warming bull but what I am saying is that we are not the focal cause and effect, just a minor player but this if it was to be ever confirmed as anything other than speculation (just like manmade global warming is just speculation) then that would be a real inconvenient truth.

Thank the stars I am middle aged because then I am happy to acknowledge that I am halfway through my sentence of existing on a stinking overcrowded world of sheep who will believe anything and everything their government spews - like they have their peoples best interests at heart

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I will have seen no evidence to support the notion that anything man has done has affected the global climate.

As far as I see the "global warming" issue is simply a way for a few people to get rich by taxing and controlling energy use.

The thing that really made me believe the so called climate scientists were no better than snake oil salesmen is when I read that they did not take the variations in the Sun into account in their global weather models. Not to mention "cooking" the numbers to get the results that were "politically acceptable"

It does not take a lot of research to understand that the Sun and occasional volcanic eruptions control the climate on Earth. What is happening now is the Sun has entered a quiet period... very few sunspots and lowered magnetic activity and solar wind.. These three things have until the past couple of years protected Earth from cosmic rays.. There are increased levels of cosmic rays (gamma radiation) hitting the earth. Cosmic rays interact with moisture in the atmosphere and cause increased cloud cover and rain. If the Sun stays in this lower level of activity which is predicted by solar observers, Earth will cool. As one Russian scientist said, "buy blankets, its going to get cold"

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Man made global warming is a religion. Its based on false data. Notice how they changed the name, as warming is not happening now, and they call it climate change, lol.

If there was proof for global warming they would never of changed the name, full stop.

^
woodwardjnr

It's comments like this one above that show you exactly how many people around here know absolutely NOTHING about climate change yet feel they are authorities on the subject anyway.

The whole "it used to be called global warming but now it's called climate change" is such a trivial non sequitur anyway. But also it's completely wrong. The IPCC (The Intergovernmental Panel on CLIMATE CHANGE) was created in 1988.

Yet how many people do you see around here using this nonsense argument to dismiss the whole thing as nonsense?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

This is all based on weather temps going up due to co2 due to man. So if temps are falling with rising co2 what does that show, lol.

Its the sun that is the main driver of the weather on earth, and al gore would never even accept this. Why did gore change his mind about speech.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The temperatures are not decreasing. This is just another one of these common myths that keep perpetuating around here because people like you who have no idea what you're talking about keep repeating them. And then other people who have no idea you have no idea what you're talking about suck them up and repeat them too.

The idea that temperatures have been decreasing is just a cherry-picked misrepresentation of the truth that can all be explained by watching this video:

www.youtube.com...

Same thing with the "Sun is the main driver" propaganda - it's all Big Oil funded lies that you guys keep sucking up here without doing any actual fact-checking - again, see for yourself:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join