It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitation...Is it real????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was just wondering if there are truly people here at ATS that have experienced levitation(self). And if so, how did you do it? What techniques could I try? If you have levitated beyond your attempting it, meaning you were not the cause, I would also ask you to share your experiences. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yes, it is.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't see A reply but it says I had a reply to this thread???

Is it a glitch?

Never Mind, that's all bunk...magicians are illusionists: that's garbage. I don't mean that stuff. I mean physical, not optical illusion. I mean like the Yogis and stuff. David Blane or however you spell it, is a fake and a fraud, a hack, Chris Angel is better.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
David Blaine is an illusionist and thats exactly what that was.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeShallBeFree
David Blaine is an illusionist and thats exactly what that was.

Yeah and not a very good one at that because he set it up wrong and somehow got hurt by the contraption he was using to perform the act.
Like I said, I am talking real here, if you don't have anything relevent, LiveForever08, please post elsewhere and not on my thread. I am in the paranormal discussions forums, not in illusion and "Magic" discussion forum. Thank you.

Now Anyone serious?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What? You mean that David Blaine didn't actually levitate, it was just a cheap trick?

Next you will be telling me that Santa Clause doesn't exist

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

chris angel better?

thats hilarious.

they Are magicians so its nothing but illusions, nothing else to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No. Levitation isn't real.

That's the thing with any of these so called "powers". No one can do them under controled conditions.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ummm, if you want serious replies maybe you should ask serious questions???

durr durr, don't post in my thread if I don't like what you say...

dude for real, lighten up, do you really think that you could ever get solid proof that cannot be dis proven???

you know how people will suck the helium out of a balloon to change their voice??? I suggest getting a REALLY BIG balloon and giving it a go

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

As typical, some people will waste your time rather than sitting on their hands. (I do it myself on non-sensical threads that ARE time wasters!)

Levitation? Look into the Eastern traditions. But the word "faker" came from there, so be careful. Transendental Meditation (TM) used to charge a bunch of money to teach that trick,

If it exists, it is a mind technique that requires a particular process that few of us have or probably can ever attain. It would about be the ultimate mind-over-matter feat. How about trying to move a needle floating in water (surface tension holds it up if carefully inserted), or moving the needle on a compass. Poltergeist activity is real enough and somewhat relatd but elusive.

I had a dream once that I could fly--as we all typically do--on this one time I could feel in my brain what I needed to do to cause that. I still believe that if I could recreate that feeling, I could fly. Maybe some day!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
just to clarify, blaine didnt injure himself, its part of the act, its supposed to convey that he used loads of inner energy (or whatever) it looked to me like the old trick of standing with your feet together and lifting yourself with one toe, its called the balducci levitation iirc. seen from the right angle it can look quite good. most other levitation illusions need special clothing to perform but (again from the right angle) look more impressive.
by the way im not some blaine fan posting to defend him, just wanted to clear it up lol

[edit on 5/12/2009 by sileighty]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

After you watch these two videos most of your questions will be answered.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I found this, but I cannot confirm it.

www.reuters.com...

U.S. scientists learn how to levitate tiny objects
Julie Steenhuysen
CHICAGO
Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:03pm EST
An artist's rendition shows how the repulsive Casimir-Lif#z force between suitable materials in a fluid can be used to quantum mechanically levitate a small object of density greater than the liquid. REUTERS/Courtesy of the lab of Federico Capasso, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences/Handout

CHICAGO (Reuters) - U.S. scientists have found a way to levitate the very smallest objects using the strange forces of quantum mechanics, and said on Wednesday they might use it to help make tiny nanotechnology machines.

Science | Russia

They said they had detected and measured a force that comes into play at the molecular level using certain combinations of molecules that repel one another.

The repulsion can be used to hold molecules aloft, in essence levitating them, creating virtually friction-free parts for tiny devices, the researchers said.

Federico Capasso, an applied physicist at Harvard University in Massachusetts, whose study appears in the journal Nature, said he believed that detection of this force opened the possibility of a whole new class of tiny gadgets.

The team, including researchers at the National Institutes of Health, has not yet levitated an object, but Capasso said he now knows how to do it. "This is an experiment we are sure will work," he said. His team has already filed for patents.

"By reducing the friction that hinders motion and contributes to wear and tear, the new technique provides a theoretical means for improving machinery at the microscopic and even molecular level," Dr. Duane Alexander of the NIH's National Institute of Child Health and Human Development said.

"The emerging technology of nanomechanics has the potential to improve medicine and other fields," he said in a statement.

The discovery involves quantum mechanics, the principles that govern nature's smallest particles.

By altering and combining molecules, tiny machines could be devised which could have applications in surgery, manufacturing food and fuel and boosting computer speed.

The discovery arose from Capasso's prior work as vice president of physical research at Bell Labs, the research arm of telecoms gear marker Lucent Technologies, now Alcatel-Lucent.

"I started to think how can I use these exotic quantum mechanical forces for technology," he said in a telephone interview.

Bell had been working on new devices known as Micro Electromechanical Systems or MEMS, the technology used in air bag sensors to measure deceleration of cars. "We started to play with nanomechanics or micromechanics," Capasso said.

He knew that as devices became smaller and smaller, they would fall prey to what is known as the Casimir force, an attractive force that comes into play when two very tiny metallic surfaces make very close contact.

In very small objects, this force can cause moving parts to stick together, an effect known as stiction.

A Russian team had predicted this force could be reversed using the right combination of materials.

For Capasso's experiment, the team immersed a gold-coated sphere in a liquid and measured the force as the sphere was first attracted to a metallic plate, then repelled from a plate made from silica.

Capasso said levitating is next. "We just have to do it," he said.

Hope it helps.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not to my knowledge. Im just commenting because Ive done magic for years (card tricks not black magic or voodoo folks) and i have a friend that loves levitations. There are some pretty convincing tricks out there but sny magician you've ever seen is fake blaine, angel, all of them. I only say that because you usually hear about how david blaine sold his soul and thats why he can levitate, and the reactions on his show look authentic, but in reality its all camera tricks.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
While I am a firm believer in the law of gravity, there are stories about people levitating in the US.

For example, the Mormon church in its early days had levitation www.lds-mormon.com...

Of course, Jesus ascended into heaven via levitation in the Bible.

Many of us dream of flying, which is a usual relief from a day of stress.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The mind is an incredibly powerful thing. many people really dont even know how powerful it is, because they choose to believe that it cant be done. if you think something cant be done, then you wont be able to do it...self sabotage. i think that real levitations (not magic tricks) are completely possible. however, it would take a lot of work and practise with meditation and energy work to be able to accomplish levitation. its one of those things you have to build up to. the mind/brain is a muscle and like all muscles it has to be exercised in order to build strength. so a kid who's just getting into weightlifting wont be able to bench press 250lbs right away, but with training and practise he'll be able to do it eventually. same with different types of psychokinesis.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well thank you. I will look into those vids posted. I appreciate all the serious responses. I am really seriosly looking into this phenomena because if telekinesis is real, then why not self levitation? It's interesting nontheless.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I am really seriosly looking into this phenomena because

if

telekinesis is real, then why not self levitation?

That's a pretty big 'if'.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by HankMcCoy]

top topics

join