It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Noticing The Increase of TV Shows with Occult Symbols and Religion??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OK, maybe i'm paranoid, but has anyone noticed TV shows with occult stuff and religion in it?
I was watching a new Family guy episode that had a bunch of stuff about the jews, but it was relatively harmless.
But then, i was watching the Simpsons last night, and there was a bunch of stuff in it revolving around the Wiccans. i just thought it was going to be like family guy, harmless, but that was before it showed them [the Wiccans] in the middle of a forest, standing around a cauldron casting spells. Later it went to them trying to get lisa to join, telling her that they worship nature, which they probably do. Lisa then goes to "Wiccapedia", the Wiccan homepage, which has a pentagram on it.
I'm not sure how the rest played out because at that point my father changed the channel.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

i dont understand... are you asking about the pentagram or the worshiping nature? or what?

yes wiccans worship nature in a way. not like you would think but they believe that nature provides energy and so on... and yes they use the pentagram in the same way that christians use the cross, or that the hebrews use the star of david.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i think he is pointing out how many shows seem to have an agenda.

whetehr its displays of occult symbolism OR over the top super jesus loving tv has been for soemt ime now right into trying to capitalise on peoples beliefs.

my example is the whole battlestar galactica series... with its one true god..!

its a story abotu killer robots, robots dont need a god! WE are thier gods!!

i digress..

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
what i mean is that they seem to be incorporating religion and symbols into shows a lot more now.

and i get the whole nature thing, too. and the cross is also a pre-christianity symbol.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I've not noticed anything more than usual in recent years, more to the point even if there was an increase what would it signify and/or mean to you?

Also, you have my sympathy for being repressed when the channel was changed - at least, that's the impression you gave - apologies if not.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Im sure the people who write and produce these shows know darn good and well what they are going to air on national TV, so of course their is some sort of agenda present there, in part reflective of those creators beliefs and views....If their wasnt, than I'd be truly surprised

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Inquiring Mind]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Anyone Noticing The Increase of TV Shows with Occult Symbols and Religion??

A few decades back... there were overlapping episodes of an Island named Gilligan, some Ozark Hillbillies in Beverly Hills, a guy in Pixlie trying to renovate an old broken down farm situated on some Green Acres, a genie named Jeannie that was snagged by an astronaut whose capsule missed the landing zone, a steam engine named the Cannonball that served a small burg called Petticoat Junction, and an Army Air-Corp Colonel named Hogan who was a prisoner in Germany with a gaggle of safe crackers, chemists, bomb experts and a great French cook.

Since then, we watched a Knighted car that talked, a Six Million Dollar guy that would now cost $54.3 Billion, an A-Team of Nam vets that never hit a thing they ever shot at and another car, named after Robert E. Lee that had a suspension that survived jumps that would have finally killed that big green Incredible Hulk.

In sum... I think it is a conspiracy... but I do really miss Green Acres

link   
Yes, I agree and do notice the many occult symbols in television media. It has become so bad that I have told my children what to look for and not to watch things of such nature. I totally agree. It is in our faces and they don't care to hide it. The Simpsons are known to have a bunch of strange references in the episodes. I refrain totally from televison. It drives me insane.

link   
No idea how the double post occurred. My apologies.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You know its out of control when practically every show on Disney and Nickelodeon either 1) have an occult theme and 2) are littered with occult symbols and references galore i.e. Icarly and Wizards of Waverly place.

new topics

top topics

join