It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Debate: Richard Hoagland vs Gregg Braden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ready for an evening of illogical, pseudo-scientific madness? Well be sure to tune into Coast to Coast and listen to Ian Punnett moderate Richard Hoagland and Gregg Braden in a debate about what will really happen on Dec. 21, 2012.

Richard Hoagland will be taking the loony position of a solar and/or galactic alignment, unprecedented in human history, destroying our civilization. That it's a real, physical catastrophe looming just over the horizon. Personally, I love it, because that way when 21-12-12 rolls around, even the most dedicated lunatic will have to question Hoagland's snake oil. Although I'm sure by then he'll have come up with 17 different reasons why he was right all along, even if nothing happens.

Braden is coming across as being the moderate, which speaks to the thickness of the padded walls which should contain Hoagland.

Canadians can listen in via CJOB
Americans can try KOH

Show starts in a little over 2 hours. I need to go buy some popcorn. It should be entertaining if you don't take them too seriously... or your head may explode.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the info about the show.
Yes, it would be interesting to listen.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

S&F for such a perfect description of this event. I just watched Kenny vs Spenny and they had a debate while they wore a chicken coop on their heads with a live chicken in it. Somehow this Kenny vs Spenny debate will come across more sane than any debate with Hoagland as a participant.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up even though we're on opposite sides of the position. Will it still work if I wear the ear buds under my tinfoil helmet?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I'm going to give the early edge to Braden, he has way cooler hair. But you never know what Hogy will pull out of his.....o.O

Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't miss it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I have no idea who Gregg Braden is. I know of Richard Hoagland. He's the guy who is the expert on C2C who gets all excited and predicts things about Mars and the moon and such stuff. Heh. Man I wish I had his enthusiasm about nonsense. Maybe I could become a published author and respected guest on C2C.

I'll tune in. It should prove entertaining.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm ready for this one!

I have no doubt it'll be better than last night.

Edit: If you would like to chat live, please stop by #coast_to_coast on SorceryNet IRC.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by muggl3z]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

Last night was terrible, I have higher hopes for tonight. I'm sure everything presented will be nonsense, but never the less, it will be an entertaining and amusing back and forth... if Ian doesn't ruin it.

I'm just tuning in now. I had to wait for my girl to go off to work, 2012 doom-sayers aggravate her intensely.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

What about your way off base, bogus, and false predictions?

The show has started and your OP couldn't have been more wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

You'll need to do better than bare assertion. Why am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

You'll need to do better than bare assertion. Why am I wrong?

You said in the OP:

Richard Hoagland will be taking the loony position of a solar and/or galactic alignment, unprecedented in human history, destroying our civilization. That it's a real, physical catastrophe looming just over the horizon.

The very first thing Hoagland said was that he wasn't sure if anything at all would happen on 2012.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

If you listened to last night's show when he popped in to promote tonight's show, he said he was taking the position that something physical and disastrous would happen.

He's just covering his ass like he always does by prefacing it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Ha ha, what ever.

I didn't listen last night but, they just asked Hoagland again point blank if he sees any kind of physical pattern that might repeat in 2012, and Hoagland's answer was that he doesn't know of any. I've heard him take this position for quite a while now, so I kind of doubt he compleatly reversed his stance for a only a few seconds.

Seriously your OP couldn't have been more wrong. Maybe we should start threads saying that you are looney tunes and flat out crazy.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I need to voice out on my feelings about Hoagland and his constant (NASA's smoking gun) bull crap. What is this guy trying to make us all believe? Come down to Earth and read his website for what it really is... money in his pocket and a way to become famous.

Even NASA new he was a fame and fortune getter... they threw his butt out the door. He was released from his duties as I believe I have heard before. He did not retire or leave NASA because he wanted to. They threw him out.

Just my opinion. I hope I have not stepped on anyones toes here. But I believe this site to be an open forum for everyones opinions to be heard.

Stari

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Hoagland never worked for NASA and doesn't claim that he did.

You guys are a riot! At least get some of the basic facts straight before you flame on.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

they just asked Hoagland again point blank if he sees any kind of physical pattern that might repeat in 2012, and Hoagland's answer was that he doesn't know of any.

Was that before, or after he dismissed modern physics based upon a pseudo-experiment he did with a tuning fork?

I missed the last hour, I'm catching the re-run now.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
On C2C a few weeks ago, Hoagie attributed the "Bubble Boy" incident, and the pram that rolled in front of a moving train in Australia as some Hyperdimensional Mumbo Jumbo relating to 2012.

Say What Richard? You Lost Me There Mate!

I know the guy is as mad as a hatter but that was too far... even for Richard C... (or Dick H as I like to call him)

IRM :shk:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
reply to post by Stari

Hoagland never worked for NASA and doesn't claim that he did.

You guys are a riot! At least get some of the basic facts straight before you flame on.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Perhaps you are right and c2c did not do their homework on this guy that they have carrying their show for them.

I was truly going off from what I have read on c2c but when I did my homework I could not find another piece of evidence declairing him a former NASA associate.

So does this mean that all of what c2c peddles us is fake? hmmm

Thanks for bringing this issue up but perhaps it should be in a thread all of its own.

Stari

join