It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's IN a name? Knowing could save your life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hey gang.

This is not a religious post, but I will use the character of Jesus to make an important point about knowing why it is important to understand what a name means.

First I will start off with my name. If anyone else wants to add to this list please do. I won't be giving my name, only it's meaning. If anyone else wants to put down the meaning of their name or surname please do. I would be interested in knowing what my fellow members names mean. It could be fun...who knows.

Anyway here is the meaning of my full name, without the name given. See if you can figure it out. If you want to u2u me with what you think it is I will verify if what you have is right.

Here's my name:

First
Exalted/Light bearer

Middle (clue gaelic version)
Beloved

Last
Son of Patrick/Child

O.k. with a little looking around it should be pretty easy. Again I encourage you to put down the meanings of your names if you know them. If not go find out what your name means....it's fun.

Now on to Jesus as my point (no pun intended).
Anyone believing in the name of Jesus should know this, but sadly many do not and have no idea what the name actually means. This is important because it is what they are saved in...the meaning of the name and not the name itself. Without knowing the meaning of the name, one who believes IN it really has no idea what is "saving" them.

To the name. The name is a Hebrew name and this is the rendering from the strongs concordance:
H3091 Yhowshuwa` yeh-ho-shoo'-ah or Yhowshua [yeh-ho-shoo'-ah];from H3068 and H3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader:--Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare H1954, H3442.

Ok, so we have the meaning of Jehovah-Saved. We are half way there as we have a conjunction of words to make up one name. We must now find the meaning of the name in the name Jehovah in order to find out what it (Jehovah) has saved. Again I go to the strongs concordance:
H3068 Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw'

from H1961;(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

Do you see that? Jehovah means (the) lower-case, self lower-case, Existent capital. Why do I note the lower case and capital. Because the lower case signifies "general" terms, in other words it applies to everyone. The only uppercase you see is Existent. This is because Existent is always. It takes a title, thus uppercase letter.

So let us render the name Jesus once more and find out the action or Faith that has saved you.

"self Existent Saved" the name that saves you. This is why Jesus didn't say he saved anyone rather their Faith has saved them. It is their faith in self Existent Saved. They saw the life in them and gave it to a new generation, and hence there name is saved from being forgotten. It is Existent.

Anyway, again this isn't about religiousness, I just thought that name was a perfect example of why you should know what your name means.

So lets have some fun. Don't put down your name, just it's meaning. I'm interested to see who we are.

Like I said, if you want to take a crack at mine, I will verify it for you over u2u. Could be fun...

Thanks

As always Peace

[edit on 29-11-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Let me try...

You name is Lucifer Suggs Fitzpatrick

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Let me try...

You name is Lucifer Suggs Fitzpatrick

If your name was Lucifer tell me you wouldn't have every chick with just a look.

That is my first name but, it isn't said like that, the way it was given to me. He was the first high priest though.

Suggs is close in phonetics, it rhymes with pain.

The last one is truly the direct meaning and is why I had to add "child" on to the end. It is a Mc, not a fitz though.

Good try though...stars for you.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Ok lets try...

Eric or Alva for your first name.

Daividh is your middle.

McPatrick.

Am I getting closer?

top topics

join