It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FTSE Trading Suspended in the UK - dow to follow & internet problems at the same time ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just as dubais $35 billion loss spooked markets..........

Do i smell a rat here ?

Oh and The Dow isn't open tommrow is it ?

Not really sure of the reasons...........

but at work we had unexplained internet outages yesterday evening as well.....

Networks couldn't figure out the reasons behind it, i was chatting to our network admin about it, and it was puzzling him, we have 100GB Direct fibre T1 net connection as well.

not wanting to put 2 & 2 together or anything....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Very supprising considering the 5-9's infrastructure approach and back ups. Been down since 10:30 and very little in the MSM

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
interesting.

Very interesting...

The net has been acting up lately. 3 outages in my area in the past 2 weeks.

for the 35 mil loss, and the stock market being closed.... its because its thanksgiving in the states today.

i think the SM is closed on national holidays.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Very odd.

And a few weeks ago, my old mans connection failed for a day due to 'exchange problems' and he has his own company and his connection is over ISDN Business connections......

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Jamesy_boy]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by queuepolitely
Very supprising considering the 5-9's infrastructure approach and back ups. Been down since 10:30 and very little in the MSM

The FTSE trading platform runs on windows & MSSQL databases.

not wishing to point blame..........

I'm an Oracle / Solaris / SAP person.........

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesy_boy

Originally posted by queuepolitely

The FTSE trading platform runs on windows & MSSQL databases.

not wishing to point blame..........

I'm an Oracle / Solaris / SAP person.........

It is one of my favorite mysteries: how is it, that US administration didn't collapsed yet, while running on M$ bull crap predominantly? I do net administration in mixed environment and M$ part is pure hell.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
up and running and dropping like a stone

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow - Tomorrow is "Black Friday" in the U.S. and is the biggest shopping day of the year.

Black Friday may be nasty this year.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
After reading your post I thought solar flares... but I checked NOAA, nothing its a pretty calm day...

A quick google search turned up no news stories of backbone outages... back bones are the really big fiber-optic lines that carry most Internet traffic.. nothing there either.

In the past wall street has opened that day after thanksgiving, but to very light trading... they could have thought it wasn't worth their time and effort???

Still you maybe right Dubai only has thirty days left to come up with 4.3 billion their next payment then another 9.something within four months and if they don't have the 4.3 billion now I'm sure their not going to have it by March

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Duabi in the IMF ? Wonder when they will write the chq to bail out the loans

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

www.onwindows.com...

Hmmmmm..........

Probably just crap systems.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Still falling of the edge of a cliff however, down 130 pts, huge drop !!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

www.onwindows.com...

Hmmmmm..........

Thanks for link. Looks like typical M$ black magic without any relevant documentation but with fat and crispy PR.
I'm just working on elimination of last win server from our company network. We must keep plenty of workstations on win because graphics/video but all servers and office computers will be win free soon
Till this migration experience I never realized how difficult it is to abandon M$ product. Now I'm pretty sure that those silly "incompatibilities" with common standards are intentional. Their goal is to entrap customer in corporate web.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad

www.onwindows.com...

Hmmmmm..........

Thanks for link. Looks like typical M$ black magic without any relevant documentation but with fat and crispy PR.
I'm just working on elimination of last win server from our company network. We must keep plenty of workstations on win because graphics/video but all servers and office computers will be win free soon
Till this migration experience I never realized how difficult it is to abandon M$ product. Now I'm pretty sure that those silly "incompatibilities" with common standards are intentional. Their goal is to entrap customer in corporate web.

Yep, i was at a SAP user group conference in the UK this week.

We have a number of Java & SAP ABAP stacks running on Oracle 9&10 / solaris.

The amount of SAP customers that were using SAP Java applications on windows / MSSQL and found it stable you could count on one hand......

anyway, back on topic, dubai won't go bust as it will get cash from its neighbour Abu Dabi which has £100's of billions in cash in the bank........

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just found this article from ground zero:
Stock Exchange crippled as technical hitch halts trading

Yep, everything look like new technology was not working as expected

top topics

join