It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Duke of Windsor Planned A Return To The Throne ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

In a letter to de Courcy written in 1946, the Duke refers to ''the subject we discussed in Paris''. He adds that he and the Duchess want to ''plan for the future in the most constructive and convenient way''. The Duchess, who as a divorcee had forced the abdication crisis when she won the King's heart, was in on the scheming. In a note to de Courcy written later in 1946, she said: ''… There's no doubt that something must be done … Anyway I can't sit by and see the Duke of Windsor wasted.'' Just weeks after the ailing George VI underwent a major operation in 1949

Source

I do have to admit beyond the basic historical elements of the way he abdicated I am not all that knowledgeable about the man . Still with allegations of him having Nazi sympathies(SP?) these letters even thou they are post war most sure throw fuel on to the conspiracy fire . The reason you don't hear more about such conspiracy's is that to few people are a alive who care about such things any more . Note I am not making the claim that the Duke of Windsor was in bed with the Nazis that would require a fair amount of research for me to give a stronger opinion on the matter .

I am particularly curious to hear what UK members make of this as the monarchy doesn't mean much to me .

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I confess minimal knowledge in this area. But always found it curious that he should opt out of the family business at such a time... in particular in light of new evidence about those in the UK who at that time didn't hesitate to find profit and success from the war.

But I reserve my opinions because I think they are still hampered by ignorance - the most predominant of which is why we accept that bloodlines have anything to do with governance at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

You make an interesting point about blood lines and governance . What I can say without going off topic is that by all accounts it was a differnt world back then . Australians and Kiwis embraced a blend of there colonial heritage and waving the flag of the mother country . Understandable people from outside the Dominions have a hard time grasping this . Certainly opposition to the King marrying Wallis Simpson from the Dominions helped lead to his decision to abdicate .

: Puts On A Tin Foil Hat : Some people claim that Princess Diana was killed for less . I have got to wonder that if the Duke of Windsor was really plotting a return to the throne how he lived so long or didn't face some kind of trumped treason charges . Naturally if that conspiracy angle is correct the incriminating documents will have disappeared from the archives along with details related to Rudolf Hess flight to the UK . Just to make it clear I am speculating unlike many Conspiracy Theorists I am hesitant about claiming something as absolute truth . IMO if the AP Show was still going this topic would have been great fodder for Martin .

[edit on 22-11-2009 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
AFAIK, the Duke of Windsor would not have been eligible for the throne, no matter who died. By marrying a divorcee, he had given away his right to the throne. I don't know if he could have become eligible again if he divorced the woman, but he certainly wasn't eligible while he was married to her.

No clue what these cryptic comments meant, but I don't see it as referring to the throne. There are many other possible interpretations of that.

top topics

join