It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemorrhagic flu in US, says Polk County Coroner, deaths under-reported

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is not good.

Looks like the Ukrainian version is here.

www.kcci.com...

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Iowa has officially recorded 21 H1N1 deaths, including seven in Polk County alone. But the county's medical examiner said he has performed autopsies on some residents who were never diagnosed with H1N1, but actually had it. "In the autopsy, what we're seeing is very heavy, wet hemorrhagic lungs, lungs with a lot of blood in them," said Dr. Gregory Schmunk. He said the official count of seven H1N1 deaths is inaccurate, but patient rights laws prohibit him from giving specific numbers. He said there are two reasons for the discrepancy. First, not all sick patients get tests and second, the virus is difficult to detect. Some patients may be too sick to receive the most accurate H1N1 test. "They're not always done and it can be hazardous to the patient if they're in a respiratory critical situation," Schmunk said. He also said that some tests reveal a false negative. "Because of our limitations on testing, sometimes the tests aren't positive," he said. "They do appear to fit clinically the course of a H1N1 viral-type pneumonia."

[edit on 22-11-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is just great ... Overnight this stuff comes from Ukraine and drops right in my back yard?!?!?!?

I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this and keep you guys up to date on local reports.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A very important post Apacheman.I knew this would have worldwide implications when i first heard of the symptoms.The MSM wont be allowed to bury this news in the states like they tried in europe.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For those who haven't followed this for long, some official statistics from Ukrainia, Canada, and the US.

translate.google.com...

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

So far, this article is the only one I could find on this.

Let's hope he is wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

This is BS!!!

If this whole thing doesn't stink like a four day old corpse in the sun...

The fact of the matter is we have NO clue who is doing this, why or how.

I suspect the Swine Flu was just a cover for this new death machine, soon to be deemed the mutated SWINE FLU. The media has been programming us so that the majority of people will gladly accept any explanation, even if the explanation defies logical process or progression.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Makes you wonder about the transmission line if we were to think that Patient 0 of this type of H1N1 originated in Ukraine. Iowa isn't exactly a hub of international travel you know?

Given the main method of world travel is the airplane, we can see the spread of diseases within 24 hours (theoretically). So the speed I'm surprised at only because its so slow. What bothers me is that we aren't hearing anything from where major international flights go through: NYC, Atlanta, Chicago, LA, and so on.

It could be possible I have missed those reports since I've been seriously buried in work and what little free time I've had has been directed towards keeping up on the Health Care debacle.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
A very important post Apacheman.I knew this would have worldwide implications when i first heard of the symptoms.The MSM wont be allowed to bury this news in the states like they tried in europe.

Thats some wishful thinking if I have ever heard it... People will believe what they are told, any opposing facts will be deemed as sick ramblings of a conspiracy driven mind.
Hell people can witness things with their own eyes and not believe it until they get it from "official sources".

"H1N1 MUTATES - Physicians baffled!"

We will be the ones baffled,

by the STUPIDITY and audacity

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Janky Red]

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ukraine, Poland, now the States?

why isn't the msm mentioning this? they love to fear monger....

i think its because there keeping it hush-hush ti'll its to late to stop the spread.

once we hit that point, it'll be all over the news.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hard to argue with autopsies.

If it follows the Ukrainian pattern, we'll know pretty quick.

There has been a mutation at D225G found in the Ukraine, Norway, and Brazil that is similar to the 1918 virus. allowing it to go deeper into the lungs, which is why the nasal swabs test negative.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The news came as scientists in Norway announced that they had detected a mutated form of the swine flu virus in two patients who died of the flu and in a third who was severely ill. It is the most recent report of mutations in the virus that is being watched closely for any change that could make it more dangerous. In a statement, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said the mutation "could possibly make the virus more prone to infect deeper in the airways and thus cause more severe disease," such as pneumonia.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

i think its because there keeping it hush-hush ti'll its to late to stop the spread.

And what will the marquee read?

Certainly not - New, New illness defies natural progression of typical epidemic, the same year a new flu strain becomes active.

What are the odds of a new flu, followed by a strong armed media driven fear campaign coinciding with a new Unknown super deadly illness that has some symptomology similar to the NEW FLU?

The real mutation will be in the story line

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

Not true. Basically, they don't want to create hysteria, and official orgs like the government (any government) and UN's WHO have the last word in any of this. They are the authorities and most sheeple cannot envision that they are being manipulated by their own government. The rulers of the MSM know what is going on, but they know what the government wants done and they comply. It is the same old stuff we we witness with UFOs, the economy, the middle east situation, etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Of course, there will be many who perceive this situation differently.

I would be very interested to know if this flu's causal virus is identical to the mysterious Ukrainian 'MSM non-issue'.

We have no defense against abuses that could be behind the worst-case scenario here. Thus the 'fear' is understood.

In a natural event, something tells me, things would develop differently.

However, by watching those who proclaim reality despite evidence, and continually persist in posturings themselves as 'stunned,' 'astonished,' or 'baffled;' I have come to believe they are either lacking information or simply stuck in dogmatic science... I can't imagine why that would be so.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Baxter Corporation is doing a phenomenal job of spreading the virus. A for effort. F for morals. Guess the "crazy" guy in the VW beetle wasn't so crazy after all... hopefully the Israelis aren't torturing him for have morals.

Like they say... the government really is too incompetent to get away with this stuff. They didn't exactly "get away" with 9/11 and now they are not going to "get away" with this as far as those with a balanced viewpoint are concerned.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Iowa is only the state above me. I hope if it is here in the states they can contain this strain? If this more serious we are all screwed.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Sorry to tell you, but pretty much everyone's agreed that it's beyond containment now.

The only thing to do is watch and wait and avoid crowds, wash hands and face frequently.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I guess its time to BREAK OUT THE MASKS and fill the house with boiling onions and close doors and windows and stay put.

All kidding aside, if anything happens to my family, i'd go try to get sick on purpose. What's the point in living???

What a sad evil world. :shk:

[edit on 22-11-2009 by dgtempe] AFTERTHOUGHT: Makes me long for the Bush bashing days
Who'd know those were the good old days????

[edit on 22-11-2009 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How long will it take to get from Iowa to Missouri? I wish I knew the truth about what is going on here because I am so scared. If this were something like bubonic plague;(which it is not); wouldn't they contian it better and give us more info on what is giong on.
I hope this does not get bad over here.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If this were the case that this is happening in Iowa . Does that mean it is happening in Missouri as well. Is it too late? If I stay home and rarely leave will that protect me?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I keep checking back because I tried to look this up on google but the one posted is the only one that shows up. I looked at the CDC web site again and the total deaths in the USA has risen to 1,049. It seems like it is staying prettty steady. Now if they put a media black out on this I am going to be very very angry. This is starting to get close to home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join