It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could this place be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Was looking at sat images from my area today and found something interesting, at first i thought it was a dam being built but at closer look i dont think that it is,

If you look at the south end of it you will notice the roads are spread apart, also there are strange structures set to the sides of the roads.

towards the north (near the dams) off to the east north east there are structures that look like radar or antennas of some sort.

farther to the north there are some strange roads and mounds or clearings.

i measured the dam structures and they are almost a mile long.

this is on the southern end of camp attebury would like to know what is going on there.
we hunt raccoons to the north of the base and to the south of the base and have been noticing increasingly strange activities at night.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My only guess would be a jail or something since it's all by itself. Gotta make room for filesharers.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
My only guess would be a jail or something since it's all by itself. Gotta make room for filesharers.

Well i could see that if there were larger buildings built there. but the location of this compared to the main base is not right, besides there is already a prison on base that is used by the state.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Very interesting. I see three sets of tunnels or bunkers along the two lane gravel road between the building structures and the dam like structures. I also see what looks like a heli pad with a iron cross on it. Someone's got to know what this is.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangdiver
Very interesting. I see three sets of tunnels or bunkers along the two lane gravel road between the building structures and the dam like structures. I also see what looks like a heli pad with a iron cross on it. Someone's got to know what this is.

yea and if you look on GE ( i cant get it to work on my pc) a little farther north, there is some strange structures and things up there also.

see what you think

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I did a google search for Camp Atterbury and discovered that they are a joint maneuver training center. Units going on tour in Iraq or Afghanistan go there to get trained up for the mission, a mix of active and reserve soldiers. The sites you are looking at are certainly training lanes, designed to train for a specific mission. The long roads that go point to point and have buildings and cleared areas at either end are probably for convoy training. All of these sites can be similarly explained. You're looking at the maneuver area, which sees constant construction and change as the training cadre adjust things to current doctrine. They're not building a secret space ship or ark.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You said these pictures are from your area?

Why not take a drive out there and find out or is this on a military installation and would be off limits?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Don't kid about that....lol
I don't wanna go to jail...I'm too pretty.
What I don't file share...huh///what I didn't say that lmao!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Brown
I did a google search for Camp Atterbury and discovered that they are a joint maneuver training center. Units going on tour in Iraq or Afghanistan go there to get trained up for the mission, a mix of active and reserve soldiers. The sites you are looking at are certainly training lanes, designed to train for a specific mission. The long roads that go point to point and have buildings and cleared areas at either end are probably for convoy training. All of these sites can be similarly explained. You're looking at the maneuver area, which sees constant construction and change as the training cadre adjust things to current doctrine. They're not building a secret space ship or ark.

i know that it is a training area, BUT you have to look at the layout of the area in question. there is no scenario that i can think of that they would build something like this for. not with other dams and things on base alread. Also you have to look at the size and scale of the site. I also have a Relative that is full time active duty there, i have ask him about this and have yet to get a response other than i will get back to you about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

yes it is close, 10- min drive, it is on a base and is 2.5 miles from the nearest public road. it is in military airspace so i cannot fly over and look at it closer either. ( prison or being blown out of the sky is not an option)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I like how all these strange places just happen to have green grass.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by opticalserenity
I like how all these strange places just happen to have green grass.

Of course it makes great natural camoflage. LOL

seriously if you were going to build something underground putting sod on top of it would be the fastest way to cover it back up. and noone would question a field of grass.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
hmm. It could be a jail i suppose.

top topics

join