It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadley CRU hacked with release of hundreds of docs and emails

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

They may not know whether or not it's going to rain in three days, but they certainly know the average temperatures of Earth and other planets over the course of the last decade and more.

that is in the past. what is apparent is the earths climate has changed, dramatically at times and without our help many times in history.

Whether it rains on Tuesday is not really part of the whole global warming debate.

maybe not. but the prediction of that rain is significant to this topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
oh, btw, start sending this to all blogs and radio shows.

some blogs:

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

CRU HACKED! - Evidence Global Warming Data Fraudulent!

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline. "

wattsupwiththat.com...

Biggest story of the decade in the making.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE FULL LINK IN YOUR EMAIL, THE FORUM CUTS IT OFF.

If you have a favorite blog, send it.

I've also submitted it to infowars, but you can send it again from your account.

Large list of right wing blogs:

www.moonbattery.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Weren't there predictions that around November 20 - 22 we were going to get 'full disclosure'. I know that everyone was saying that it was related to UFOs and such, but maybe it wasn't....

Just a thought since I think that the potential fallout from these revelations is going to be huge.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
President Signs Major Whistleblower Anti-Fraud LawWEBWIRE – Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Washington, D.C. May 20, 2009. Today President Barack Obama signed the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009. The Act significantly expands protections for whistleblowers who expose fraud in federal contracting.

This new law fixes problems in the False Claims Act, extends whistleblower protections to those who work for contractors and provides new funds for the government to investigate fraud. Most significantly, the Act overturns the recent Supreme Court decision in Allison Engine, which created a major loophole allowing government subcontractors to escape liability under federal anti-fraud laws.

"This is a great day for whistleblowers and a bad day for those who would defraud the government" Stephen M. Kohn, Executive Director of the NWC.

Saw a post from an attorney on another site that works in this type of case, and he stated it is not an issue once the files became public domain to publish them.

He even suggested the person that did it may not face prossecution.

I guess we shall see.

Edit to add: some people are saying this could have been an inside job.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Star for you, that's an excellent point!

This should sure count as something!

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I LOVE IT!! Finally maybe the last bit of evidence needed to finally once and for all prove that Al Gore is an ignoramus. They have been cooking the numbers so they can get more tax dollars and bigger grants.

I am so sick of hearing all the crap about "Greenhouse Gases" and "Global Warming". CO2 is good.. plants grow better with lots of it.. been proven many times. Next time I hear someone blathering about their "Carbon Footprint" I think I will throw up.

The SUN controls the climate on Earth..period..end of discussion.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Edit to add: some people are saying this could have been an inside job.

That was my guess,

How intriguing.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hey folks, you have a responsiblity to drive the news and demand an investigation.

In addition to writing all of your favorite news sources demanding they report on this, you should also write your congressman and demand they open a formal federal inquiry into this.

This is fraud, plain and simple.

The scientists in question have a responsibility to report the truth.

They are funded by public dollars, and as such, misuse of those public dollars through knowingly publishing bad data is illegal fraudulent activity.

I'm thinking about lodging a formal complaint with the Justice Dept and the FBI.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
One, nothing wrong with me
Two, nothing wrong with me
Three, nothing wrong with me
Four, nothing wrong with me

Partay

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 113030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Short blog entry from Wall Street Journal. Probably it will be covered in more detail in the news section at a later time:

blogs.wsj.com...

Hacked: Sensitive Documents Lifted from Hadley Climate Center

By Keith Johnson

Well, this should get interesting.

The Hadley Climate Research Unit in Britain was hacked yesterday, apparently by Russian black hats, and thousands of sensitive documents, including emails from climate scientists dating back a decade, were posted online. More here.

Officials at Hadley, a leading global-warming research center, have apparently confirmed to an Australian publication that the documents are genuine.

The whole affair has much of the blogosphere alight. Blogs skeptical of man-made global warming see blood in the water.

Some of the old emails from scientists made public apparently make references to things like “hid[ing] the decline,” referring to global temperature series and different ways to slice and dice climate data.

In all, it seems there are more than 3,000 files in the hacked folders, which have been reposted in various places on the Internet.

The big Copenhagen summit had lost a lot of its appeal in recent days, as world leaders kept dialing down expectations for the climate talks. Maybe this will spice things up.

Source with working links

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Someone should put together a nice lil video and create a CNN Ireport of it.

I think its time MSM gets hammered by people requesting it even more public than it already is.

Blog it, Post it, Tweet it, speak it, greet it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
reply to post by quackers

Reporting the story is one thing. Spreading stolen intellectual property is another.

Cheating fraudsters perfectly fit my ethics. Lie can't be intellectual property because it is NOTHING. Pure negativity which try cover up truth. Heh, will 911 mastermind claim copyright when truth will definitively came up? It will be really interesting court hearing: "Ladies and gentlemen, I developed 911 schema so every CT should pay me a fee!"

EDIT: spelling (still poor - sorry)

[edit on 20-11-2009 by zeddissad]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I just emailed the following - John Linder - US representative
Michelle Malkin (it is already on Hannity's forums)
Breitbart/Big Government
Judicial Watch - telephoned
several others that shall remain nameless for now

link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

Face it, the vast majority of people on this planet are absolutely retarded. Bonafide mouth-breathing lazy idiots that would much rather find the easy way over the inconvenient way. Debunking AGW and exposing the scam that cap & trade really is may hurt the planet greatly.

you may be quite right about the idiot part but i'm sceptical about the level of self-reflection required to make such a (sweeping) judgement.

i've long ago established a pattern which, simply put, makes it appear highly probable that a person who is willing to consider AGW an indesputable fact can often enough be brought to admit a misanthropic tendency, usually expressed through a desire for redistribution of wealth between countries or population reduction. at the same it seems that people who endorse, well, depopulation will normally embrace AGW.... just ask innocently if in doubt.

that said, you'd rather lie, cheat and in all likelihood do a lot of other things you're not going to talk about in order to achieve your perceived goal. this is close to a definition for totalitarianism.

To sum it up, if we're all too dumb for our own good, then your worldview is most certainly too dangerous.

[edit on 2009.11.20 by Long Lance]

link   
Blog entry by Roy Spencer, Ph.D., climatologist, author, former NASA scientist:

www.drroyspencer.com...

Global Warming’s Blue Dress Moment? The CRU EMail Hack Scandal

November 20th, 2009 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

The recent hacking of the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) computer system has led to the release of hundreds, if not thousands, of e-mails which — if real — reveal the tactics and motivations of some of the top Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scientists. I hesitate to name names, but there are several websites now buzzing with all of the details and sample e-mails. The e-mails I have seen appear genuine, with obscure scientific details and language that would take considerable effort to create as part of a hoax. A few of the sites covering this unfolding story are:

Climate Depot

Anthony Watts: Watts Up With That?

Herald Sun: Andrew Bolt

Lubos Motl: The Reference Frame

While it is too early to tell just yet, there seems to be considerable damning evidence that data have been hidden or destroyed to avoid Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) data requests; data have been manipulated in order to get results that best suit the pro-anthropogenic global warming agenda of the IPCC; e-mails that contain incriminating discussions are being deleted. And, on the bright side, we skeptics seem to be quite a thorn in the side of the IPCC.

In reading these e-mails from the ‘other side’ of the scientific debate I am particularly amazed at the mindset of a few of these scientists. I exchange e-mails with other like-minded (read ‘skeptical’) scientists, as do the IPCC scientists with their peers. But never do I hear of anyone manipulating climate data to achieve a certain end. I must say that I am pleased to see that NCAR scientist Kevin Trenberth admits that it is a “travesty” that no one can explain the lack of global warming in recent years.

I think there is a good chance that this was an inside job…either a disgruntled employee at CRU, or someone who is simply getting fed up with the politicization of the IPCC’s science and wanted to reveal some of the inner workings of the IPCC process. I’m sure that further revelations will arise in the coming days.

As of this writing, the BBC is the first mainstream news source to cover the story. But instead of discussing the content of any of the e-mails, the BBC is focusing on the illegal nature of the computer system breach. An expert was quoted who alluded to the contentious nature of the global warming debate, and how both sides would resort to tricks to help their side.

That’s pretty rich. If the hacked e-mails — with incriminating content — just happened to be Sarah Palin’s, does ANYONE believe that news reports would avoid disclosing the content of those e-mails?

The source

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm just Downloading the stuff from Torrent-Network
Speed is Great approx. 200kb/s.
The people are seeding this stuff like HELL!!!!

Soo, Download has just finished.
And the files are extracted.
Its an incredible amount of Data.
In Total 4558 Text-Files (Mails & Documents)

Get the Files

[edit on 20-11-2009 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
I'm just Downloading the stuff from Torrent-Network
Speed is Great approx. 200kb/s.
The people are seeding this stuff like HELL!!!!

Soo, Download has just finished.
And the files are extracted.
Its an incredible amount of Data.
In Total 4558 Text-Files (Mails & Documents)

Get the Files

[edit on 20-11-2009 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

Can you post the emails pertaining to the attempt to defraud the entire

FRICKEN WORLD!

Thanks

[edit on 113030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

So they are saying that the system was hacked by Russians? That would certainly be interesting and not the country I had in mind at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
They seem to already be taking the "may not be genuine information" stance:

A university spokesman confirmed the email system had been hacked and that information was taken and published without permission.

An investigation was underway and the police had been informed, he added.

"We are aware that information from a server used for research information in one area of the university has been made available on public websites," the spokesman stated.

"Because of the volume of this information we cannot currently confirm that all of this material is genuine.

"This information has been obtained and published without our permission and we took immediate action to remove the server in question from operation.

"We are undertaking a thorough internal investigation and we have involved the police in this enquiry."

Researchers at CRU, one of the world's leading research bodies on natural and human-induced climate change, played a key role in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) Fourth Assessment Report, which is considered to be the most authoritative report of its kind.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

It's a speculation as the document first appeared on a russian FTP server (link now dead). Somebody (I don't remember who or where, though) wrote that the message of the uploader has odd wording, vaguely resembling Russian, so it could be a translation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join