It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Earth Would Look Like With Rings Like Saturn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just stumbled across this video!
www.liveleak.com...
Awesome, just awesome!
But what effect would it have on nature? And would there always be shadow on one part of the world?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
that was beautiful!

it would make the night sky a lot more interesting that's for sure!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Amazing!

That would be an awesome site to say the least.

Thanks for that one.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Man that was pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that video!

I don't think that there would always be a shadow on what part of the world. Reason being that the ring wouldn't be solid, so light would be able to pass through. I could be wrong though.

I think that there would be little effect on wildlife. It would probably just be like the clouds in the sky to them. One thing is for sure though; night sky viewing would be messed up a bit!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, if the human race keeps on throwing space junk up there, it won't be long until we do have a ring system!

Roy.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
yeah, I doubt there would be a permashadow because the earth not only rotates, but wobbles as well.

One part that they missed would be how interesting it would be when you get to the shadow section of the rings behind (relatively) the earth.

now, more interesting question, how would this affect (if at all?) current satellites, communications, etc?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Looks almost 'HALO' - ish, from the surface of the earth. Especially that shot w/ the straight line shooting into the air, from ground to sky. And just like royspeed stated, a few more decades, and we could even put a civilization on the surface of the ring, what w/ all the mass being fired into orbit.......

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
yeah, I doubt there would be a permashadow because the earth not only rotates, but wobbles as well.

One part that they missed would be how interesting it would be when you get to the shadow section of the rings behind (relatively) the earth.

I think that this would cause some shade, it will go along with the seasons. Winter or summer could be colder.

new topics

top topics

join