It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Jealous or afraid of Europe and China's becoming rich?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I say that every time I hear that either Europe or China are catching up America they feel afraid, I sometimes think even the American citizens think this also and hate the idea and see it as a threat.
No doubt people think the war in Iraq was for Oil and money, and if one country has a potential to become a superpower they will create a war so that they stay poor and they profit from it.
I am not an expert in this field and I don’t expect to be the best to answer everything, money is the root of all evil as they say, but a little helps and maybe with it you can help others too, so when it comes to money and the economy I am no expert, but I can read what people think and what the rumours are.
If you are an American what do you think, does your news feel like America is victim because other countries are catching up with the economy?
What do non Americans think, is America an economic bully, ‘You cannot have that’ attitude because it is jealous and a threat to their riches?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Both, though leaning towards afraid. Hell one could be as a result of the other. I think a lot of Americans can see the writing on the wall, they are afraid, those who cannot are jealous.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think like your signiture says, we will be buying for air soon with the amount of chemtrail activity going on.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I thought Europe was already rich.

I think the question needs to be more specific. Am I afraid of other countries becoming rich? NO

Am I afraid of a country with a frightening human rigthts record like China gaining power?

Yes.

Is the US the only country worried about this? NO

People think because the US is powerful that we are the only ones with an opion. Trust me, there are plenty of eyes on china............................................And India, and on each other.

Oh, and Russia wants to play too.

The Us might get to sit back with some popcorn.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm neither afraid or jealous of citizens of another country making a good living.

I think that you need to rethink the basis of your question.

I would like to think that there is room for all people, regardless of the country that they live in, to enjoy a prosperous life if they work for that.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We are afraid of losing our jobs and livelihood.

Good place for a Second Line.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Maybe the balance of power can only sway in one direction for now, for someone to be rich the others will have to be poor, if we all become rich then everyone is on the same level, all currency will be the same and the riches will no longer be full on the otherside of the boat. I say America because it is the only super power right now.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The American Elite are very Afraid...

read this snip, of what is just beginning to get discovered...

...Evidence is being gathered by perhaps a dozen key gold traders with diverse connections to the gold industry.
They tie the delivery systems, the authentication processes, the assayers, record keeping, big financial firms, and trading platforms.

Evidence mounts that as many as 1.5 million 400-oz gold bars were replaced at Fort Knox during the Clinton Admin with tungsten bars covered with a thin gold plate....

www.stevequayle.com...

the actual report was from Jim Willie, a very respected economic forecaster in the World
& he's cited here on ATS pretty often...

its only the tip of the iceberg, as-it-were, for the London-NYC/DC alliance

add all the BRIC countries to the peoples that are destined to become 'rich' after the Masters-of-the-Universe in the US+GB have sold their huddled masses 'down-the-river, for personal gain(s)

[edit on 19-11-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Most american sheeple hate europe becoming stronger and richer, to them the world revolves around the us. Its europes time now.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

We are not afraid or jealous of China or the EU. If you hear us grumbling about either one, it is because we HATE the idea of being 2nd at anything. So what you here is that frustration that our leadership has led us into possibly being second. We fear and are jealous of no one. We strive to make them fear and be jealous of us. Must say we have done it pretty well.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't presume to speak for all Americans. But I can tell you that those I know have no problem with anyone raising their standard of living....

But that's the point.

Look at China, look at the EU....

Who's standard of living is improving?

Only the elites.

Yes we resent that. It's bad enough they fed gluttonously on our wealth and have sucked us nearly dry..., now they are moving their operation to continue the parasitic relationship on a global scale and calling it progress (or even a "New World Order".)

It isn't America's world order, nor China's, nor any one nation.... it is a tiny handful of self-serving opportunists who have no empathy for anyone outside their own abhorent lives.

They live by "Greed is good." They behave as if "Greed is God."

I propose that if the top 1% of wealth "owners" on this planet divested themselves of .05% of their wealth, we could eliminate world hunger, and everyone, EVERYONE, could have a home and an education as well as the means to live a fruitful life - without the anguish of poverty and debt.

But of course, that's an OUTRAGEOUS burden to place on these noble people? These elites who were born on third base and have the gaul to carry themselves as if they had hit a triple.

We are subordinate to their will because of their belief.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Americans are afraid. Very afraid.

Afraid of the USA becoming a place like the Europe and China.

And we are getting closer every day it seems like. Good reason to be afraid in my book.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Can't say what I think to be honest.. it's hard to put it into a few words... I respect people where ever they are from, tho I thoughly mistrust the rich, self serving elite that I personally feel are out to destroy the countries/nations they levitate to global status as they then plunder those nations of all their riches, before moving onto the next victim, So it's now China's and Europes turn to be plundered again.. oh joy.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think that there is an underlying fear of China as a whole. But I personally think that has less to do with money and more to do with the fact that China has an absolutely horrendous human rights record -- and why would we want a country that treats its citizens terribly to get ahead -- while still leaving its citizens in the dark. Watching China become wealthy is too close to saying that communism is successful -- a leap I'm sure many won't want to make.

Further, the saying used to be "so goes the US, so goes the world..." simply because the US was considered the most powerful country. If China becomes -- or is acknowledged to be -- the most powerful country, can you imagine if the saying goes "So goes China, so goes the world?"

Now that, in my opinion, is something to worry and be fearful about.

Hoarding money for ourselves and not wanting the rest of the world to have any probably isn't the root of people's concerns. Becoming China, or enacting policies similar to China, is about more than just money.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Most american sheeple hate europe becoming stronger and richer, to them the world revolves around the us. Its europes time now.

I know lots of 'sheeple' (god how I hate that term) and to be honest none are jealous in the least. Most when asked do not care in the least about another country's business. We are more concerned with our immediate future and where our leaders are dragging us to. I strongly doubt that we the people are jealous or afraid of the comings and goings of other nations. I hope other nations get a leg up and maybe allow us to sit back and let others babysit this planet.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You can see in fom my location to the left, I'm from VA. in the USA.

I've been to Canada, Mexico, Japan/Okinawa and the Phillipines, from my experience when you get to know some people from another country and actuallly sit down and have a few cocktails
you start to realize that us common folk are more similar than we thought. Hell just travel to different parts of any Country ie: U.S. north/south I still get called a"Damn Yankee" but it's only in fun, when I start talkin reeaal sslow-like.

I've met people from all these countries who: go to work to earn a buck, support a family, buy that car, cell phone, t.v. and just get through life with some creature comforts.

So no I'm not jeoulous or afraid, to answer your question. We're all pretty much the same slaves to the grind.

BTW no more creature comforts for now, just prep.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Huh? What do you mean by that?

Americans have nothing to fear from Europe, at least.

Besides, our standing of living, earnings and GDP have been ahead of the US for quite some time, according to all the stats and figures that is.

Obviously there is great variation in different EU member states, just like in the various states of the USA.

Now, China as a Superpower? even every anti-EU bone in my body see's the need for a powerful EU to counter the waking Dragon.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I will change the course of the argument, who thinks the Arab countries are afraid of American success? Maybe that is why their jealousy is causing the hatred of America, maybe jealous of freedom it self, so is the title of America as the great Satan the inward mirror of their own nature?
I live in the UK and we are not jealous of America, we think it is a cool place and people are better off there and more wealthy, I in person have no problem with America who would not want to visit it?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Maybe like some have said if America is afraid it is because these other countries do not have the same practice what you preach mentality as the rest of the Christian American values have, I am not sure how China will aid with all its billions of people the world that is in trouble, at least America tries to help sort out the world's problems even though they go overboard no doubt, but that is the hit and miss of the situation.
Would a super power Russia and Saudi Arabia or China or India even try and solve the worlds problems or would the free world be held hostage to sharia law, communism and lack of care for the rest of us as bad as it is now in places like Africa? If the Middle East became a super power Africa would be under Islamic rule with wars in every nation, making sure the Borg do their forced conversions and enthinic cleansing. As rude as that may sound.

new topics

top topics

join