It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Hottest recorded temp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hi people's,
Not to much to say but I was doing a bit of browsing about temps in Australia and found this

The hottest temperature recorded in Australia was 53 degrees celsius at Cloncurry in Queensland in 1889.

www.gungahlinweather.com...

I also like the stat about New York mureder rate due to the heat

just as a side note all these hottest recorded temps are from like 100 years ago I thought where suppose to be in a gloal warming situation
as on that same page is this,

In Australia, Marble Bar (WA) recorded maximum temperatures equaling or exceeding 37.8°C (100°F) on 161 consecutive days (between 30 October 1923 and 7 April 1924) - This remains a word heat record

I thought some of the stuff on that page was quite interesting as I have never seen it before.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
53 degree's?
Sheesh.. makes you know why they invented the air conditioner.
I think I'd have to buy a bag of ice and throw it in the bath tub to cool down from that.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Last year it got to 50° a couple of times while we were driving back from Melbourne to Adelaide and my wife was pregnant at the time. It was pretty oppresive, good thing i moved to sunny Belgium.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

Thats a good link, thanks
so the really hot weather was in 1889 and the heatwave for 169 consecutive days over 37 degreses was in 1923-24....hmmm

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Perhaps Climate Change has been exaggerated or presented misleadingly?

Do we still need this Carbon Tax to encourage humans to stop releasing CO2 into the atmosphere?

[edit on 19/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Pretty interesting, I was watching the news and they said something similar about a record being broken, that record was around 1908
. So yeah, nature doing its thing, nothing man made causing any changes.

Meanwhile, NZ has its coldest month in 64 years.

[edit on 19/11/09 by dallas18]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
In the US the record is Furnace Creek Ranch, CA, USA [formerly Greenland Ranch] California, with 134 °F/57 ºC on July 10, 1913, holds the record for the highest temperature ever officially observed in the United States."

Since then they have installed a unofficial recording thermometer for Death Valley Calif at a site at Badwater Calif that is in a area that they hope will get hotter so they can claim a new record to support global warming.

www.climateaudit.org...
www.john-daly.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hot here in Oz and cold elsewhere is not unusual. Global Warming is about small rises in the ecosystem, not one country's record temperatures. It's based on a significant amount "extra" we have added to the ecosystem of the planet that was already running at 100%.

Remember too that temperature recordings are done within a well ventilated box to avoid direct sunlight and so it only records the air temperature moving past or near the thermometer.

In 1980 I worked at Coober Pedy when it was 47 degrees at night, and, unbearable through the day indoors and out, unless underground. I reason the day temperature would have exceeded the 53 degree record easily.

This week in my area, 2 hours from Brisbane, it has been over 40 degrees each day so far with a peak on Monday of 43 degrees C. And Summer is yet to officially start.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There has been plenty more records broken in the past decade concerning monthly records for these times of the year compared to previous years, even though they might not be as high or low as the all time temperatures, they are still ones to keep an eye on for changing weather patterns and what one might expect for the near future.

Heard stories about birds dropping dead from the sky, elderly keeling over in the streets, shortness of breath and such from the hottest day on record at Cloncurry. Also the record there has been revoked because it was measured from a empty beer case and not an official box which was installed after the event. not that it made much if any difference to the temperature at the time.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by redgy]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
This week in my area, 2 hours from Brisbane, it has been over 40 degrees each day so far with a peak on Monday of 43 degrees C. And Summer is yet to officially start.

That was Thursday last week, it's now early Sunday morning and it has been 43 C every day. No let up yet but hoping for some.

How about everyone else?

The Official Temperatures : Today 36°C
McD's Digital Readout : Today 43°C

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Hot here in Oz and cold elsewhere is not unusual. Global Warming is about small rises in the ecosystem, not one country's record temperatures. It's based on a significant amount "extra" we have added to the ecosystem of the planet that was already running at 100%.

Sorry but that is wrong... Australia is experiencing a heat wave because of EL Nino, which is a NATURAL event, and not because of the hoax of GLobal Warming..

The rest of the world has been experiencing a cooling trend since about the beginning of 2006 at about the same time that the Sun's activity had decreased to a record low....

the planet running at 100%?.... Are you out of your mind?... What are you talking about? The Earth has had MORE atmospheric CO2 and was running FINE...and life as well as plants, and trees THRIVED...

How many times do people need to see that plants, trees, and the entire Earth ecosystem BENEFITS with higher levels of atmospheric CO2?...

In greenhouses people increase the atmospheric CO2 level to up to 1,500 ppm, and the best level is around 1,200 ppm -1,500 ppm which can increase harvest, and make trees, and plants bigger by up to 60%.....

This is a CARBON based world, and ALL life depends on high levels of atmospheric CO2, much higher than the 380 ppm that we have now.

Atmospheric CO2 and carbon is needed for life to thrive as much as we need oxygen, and water.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
Heard stories about birds dropping dead from the sky, elderly keeling over in the streets, shortness of breath and such from the hottest day on record at Cloncurry. Also the record there has been revoked because it was measured from a empty beer case and not an official box which was installed after the event. not that it made much if any difference to the temperature at the time.

Heard about the fact that the Earth's magnetic field is weaker now than it has been for tens of thousands of years, and it is not because of atmospheric CO2, or because of mankind?....

Heard that right now space radiation is at an all time high since we began to observe space weather?...

Space radiation hits record high

Like a wounded Starship Enterprise, our solar system's natural shields are faltering, letting in a flood of cosmic rays. The sun's recent listlessness is resulting in record-high radiation levels that pose a hazard to both human and robotic space missions.
Now, the influx of galactic cosmic rays into our solar system has reached a record high. Measurements by NASAs Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) spacecraft indicate that cosmic rays are 19 per cent more abundant than any previous level seen since space flight began a half century ago.

www.newscientist.com...

Have you ever heard that birds use the magnetic field of the Earth to find their way and to migrate?...

What do you think happens to birds, and bees and other insects and animals that use Earth's magnetic field when the magnetic field gets weaker, and has larger fluctuations than have occurred for tens of thousands of years?...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2953bac6bcff.jpg[/atsimg]

The Earth's magnetic field began to wildly fluctuate and weaken since 1840, and it has been getting weaker, and weaker, and the fluctuations have been getting higher and higher to the point that large breaches in the magnetic field are occurring frequently exposing parts of the Earth to the large radiation which has been increasing.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That was Thursday last week, it's now early Sunday morning and it has been 43 C every day. No let up yet but hoping for some.

How about everyone else?

The Official Temperatures : Today 36°C
McD's Digital Readout : Today 43°C

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Tayesin]

two hours which way from Bris?

I only ask because I'm down here on the border at Tweed and its absolutely sweltering- but havent seen the temps- wondered if it had hit 40 yet- think we're in for a hot summer

top topics

join