It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slip of the tongue by obama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I cerainy dont know that guy, I keep away from any kind of guy who runs a blog for Politics, they end up either being against the President or with the President in extreme.

But I am pretty sure KSM won't go scott free, he would be charged under numerous cases under many counts and not all cases will run together. All the court has to do is to convict him to any 1 case and sentence dealth/life imprisonment. So even if he is not found guilty in 1 case there will be numerous pending cases.

Secondly, I dont think the world will view USA in bad light as 9/11 was the first major attack on USA nevermind that these are fairly common(minus the plane) allover the world.

However, keeping in mind how the world's reaction was when Bush' torture policy became public knowledge it will be safe to say world will scrutinise when the torture policies will be detailed in public court and rightfully so.

Truth needs to get out, criminals needs to get punished wether they are ex-presidents or a terrorist from a foreign country.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Daily show segment

Jon stewart is host of a show called "the daily show". It's a comedic take on news events but he is known for actually performing real interviews.

In a recent poll he was named as the u.s.' most trusted news caster.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Alright, thanx for the info..I'll do some research on him later to see if he is biased to any political affiliation in any way and then watch the video.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You are referring to Cardinal Mindszenty. He was truly a man of faith.
Here is a link for a little info:
romancatholicheroes.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
From one side of the mouths of conspiricists there is the assurance that our elected officials are an evil axis who lie all the time. From the other side of the same mouth then comes surprise when our elected officials actually act the way they think they are all the time.
Great day in the morning, don't you get it by now? TPTB, the all knowing all powerful entity of conspiracy land, runs EVERYTHING.
And you are shocked that Obama slipped something? Look at Bush's record of military faux-pas, let alone his very public snafus.
Republican, Democrat, they don't exist. One set of strings for all the players while the puppet masters pull them.
Have a seat, the show's just starting to get interesting...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

It's important to point out when we see things like this. I realize not everyone agrees with my assessment. Some have taken it to political partisanship, others have even written it off as him simply being sure of the outcome.

I think we should point these things out, and pay attention to what they say and what they do not say, whether it is for belief in a vast conspiracy, or just in keeping those in power honest.

I consider it a duty of the electorate to hold their politicians accountable.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is complete total hogwash. As I recall, people who were listed as hijackers for 9/11 came forward and claimed they were not a part of the attacks.

But alive and well in their home countries!? If their intel was wrong about these guys, what makes you all think they could find the 'mastermind' behind the whole operation????

guardian.150m.com...

dirtline.tripod.com...

[edit on 19-11-2009 by topsecretombomb]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by esdad71

OJ couldn't be convicted because of an inept investigation. The police bungaled some evidence that couldn't be submitted.

Remember, it is also beyond a reasonable doubt.

Everyone knows he was guilty, but a lot of the convincing evidence could not be submitted.

All it takes is missing a signatue or a 2 second time lapse and the evidence isn't admissable.

Which can happen here. We are setting the country up for an aquittal and when this occurs people will want blood even more. At first I thought that this may jsut be a show for the current administration to show that they were able to "prosecute" those who pulled off 9/11 when the former administration could not.

However, I am sadly feeling that we are setting ourselves up for disappointment after YEARS of deliberations. Even if he was Mirandized, his family was threatened with death. You cannot do that to someone who is part of the US legal system and get away with it. All of his testimony call be thrown out and them, in open court, we as a country will need to out the CIA/DHS/(enter acronym here) agents that were involved, reveal interrogation techniques as well as reveal the way we gathered the intelligence.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

To members from other countries, do you think the world community would be upset if these enemy combatants are sentenced to death?

Yes. For several reasons. For starters, most of the rest of world has long ago gotten rid of the death penalty. Then there is the issue of "beyond reasonable doubt". Simply put, how could there not be doubt about what really happened on 911?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
This is complete total hogwash. As I recall, people who were listed as hijackers for 9/11 came forward and claimed they were not a part of the attacks.

But alive and well in their home countries!? If their intel was wrong about these guys, what makes you all think they could find the 'mastermind' behind the whole operation????

TSTB, this is the real puzzle. There are three probable scenarios at least to my thinking that could have caused 9/11. Getting to the bottom of it is improbable if not impossible but we can and will continue to speculate with hopes of at least for our own minds coming to a conclusion.

1st scenario - The radical Islamists did this on their own as advertised in the MSM. The US government mostly looked the other way having knowledge of the pending attacks and used the aftermath as a reason to further a number of politcal agendas. And... as you mention if a number of FBI reported hijackers showed up alive, oops! They piled it on a little thick!

2nd scenario - The US government created this disaster, blamed the Islamists and furthered a number of political agendas. The radical Islamists, nearly as adept as the US government in turning lemons into lemonade, admitted it was they when blamed. They had failed once before, far be it from them to not take the martyrdom dumped in their laps. Thus furthering their agenda of a global Islamist state. That living hijackers showed up in the aftermath, why of course that would happen! They didn't do it.

3rd scenario - The US government having prior knowledge of the planned attacks, cut girders in the towers, ran a NORAD training session and more to insure the severity of devastation from the radical Islamist attacks. Thus furthering political agendas. And again extra hijackers, oops! Our bad!

None of these scenarios are pleasing to any of us but I think they are the possibilities within reason. I think it gets wittled down to these three scenarios all of which take into account the largely unexplained factual evidence or lack thereof. That includes scanty video from airport terminals, living hijackers, NORAD stand down, tower 7, Bushes' reaction and so much more. Just my unexpert opinion.

My point is you are not alone in thinking that this creep possibly had nothing to do with the attack and is just accepting the "mastermind" moniker because it enhances his Islamist standing. One might argue that Allah would look unkindly on a liar but his accepting the blame would further Allah's kingdom in the eyes of this zealot and others. And he would likely have wanted to cause this damage if he could have.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't have the time to read threw this thread, just wondering if anyone has made the connection of Obamas moving up the closing date, according to the delays in the release of the pandemic.
It sounds to me like he is saying, ya it will be closed, as soon as everyone is dead.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by jam321

To members from other countries, do you think the world community would be upset if these enemy combatants are sentenced to death?

Yes. For several reasons. For starters, most of the rest of world has long ago gotten rid of the death penalty. Then there is the issue of "beyond reasonable doubt". Simply put, how could there not be doubt about what really happened on 911?

This not true in Islamist countries. The following from Iranian.com:

Three Iranian protestors face death penalty

And that of course for protesting an election, not mass murder.

The following from maktoob.com:

Three give $1.3 mln to escape death penalty

Apparently money talks especially in Dubai.

This from the UK's Independent:

Princess facing Saudi death penalty given secret UK asylum

A commoner would likely be dead. As I said earlier, money talks.

Wayno, I don't think you are qualified to answer for the world on this, perhaps just your own country. In my opinion Islamist countries might care, other countries might care only if this trial ticks off their Islamist neighbors. As you've stated there is much doubt surrounding 9/11 but KSM seems more than willing to accept his part. Whether he was coerced is another story and if he was or was not, I would bet his attorneys will run with that and apparently our President Obama is giving them that opportunity. This would be another slap at the Bush administration if let's say "waterboarding" let KSM off the hook. Again, the location of the trial is in my opinion serving political ends and not justice.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Asked if he understood why some people were offended by trying the men in U.S. courts, he replied: "I don't think it will be offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him."

This is serious news for concern.
Judging by Obamals total lack of judgeement about everything and his track record for not coming through on his promises, something tells me the outcome will be totally different.

Something tells me KSM and the bunch will be found "Not Guilty".

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Asked if he understood why some people were offended by trying the men in U.S. courts, he replied: "I don't think it will be offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him."

Judging by Obamals total lack of judgeement about everything and his track record for not coming through on his promises, something tells me the outcome will be totally different.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

The fact that this guy has already bragged about being the mastermind of 9/11 to our military & will probably do it again in NY court there is all certainty (like Obama stated) he will be found guilty. "Obamals total lack of judgeement about everything" really? given 11 months & you declare his track record a failure? Nice judgement yourself. Who did you suport, Grandpa Munster for Pres?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The fact that this guy has already bragged about being the mastermind of 9/11 to our military & will probably do it again in NY court there is all certainty (like Obama stated) he will be found guilty.

Let's hope so, but let's do one better, if he's willing to die for his cause, let's accommodate him now.
Why waste time effort and money even goiing to trial?

Nice judgement yourself. Who did you suport, Grandpa Munster for Pres?

Is Al Lewis still alive?
What's one thing Granpa Munster and Obama have in common?
...both are blood suckers.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Let's hope so, but let's do one better, if he's willing to die for his cause, let's accommodate him now.
Why waste time effort and money even goiing to trial?

Because this is America no matter how hard the Bush's tried to turn into a Fasicst country. It costs more to carry out the death penalty than to exicute him. I say put him in a bathtub with a toaster after a legal trial.

Is Al Lewis still alive?
What's one thing Granpa Munster and Obama have in common?
...both are blood suckers.

McCain/Grandpa Munster, same thing. What makes Obama a blood sucker? If he's a blood sucker then Bush was Cthulhu.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

To say the constitutional rights against self-incrimination or police abuse of power don't apply to the guilty is the same as saying they don't apply to the innocent.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The great roman law. That one is innocent until proven guilty. This gets at the heart of why I started this thread. Everyone "knows" ksm is guilty. This is the very problem with the modern spectacle of this war on terror.

This is the coliseum they have created to keep the masses occupied. Instead of Christians being persecuted it's now muslims. There are those that say simply because of their faith that they are untrustworthy and therefore must be stopped. Read the comments in this thread and see what I'm getting at here. They quote from the islamic faith as proof that they want us all dead, but I can point out many things in the bible that would condemn us or them as easily.

I question any "accepted" view. When they tell us what to think, we need to question it.

This man may be guilty, they may have undeniable proof, but until he stands in court and is judged accordingly we are not in our right to say it as fact. I expect this for everyone who stands in court, regardless of who they are. This is the foundation of what made my country great.

My perception of patriotism means that I must defend the concepts of a fair and just law system and see it applied to all who come before it evenly. To do any less would be a betrayal to all of us.

Coffin vs united states

Ammianus Marcellinus relates an anecdote of the Emperor Julian which illustrates the enforcement of this principle in the Roman law. Numerius, the governor of Narbonensis, was on trial before the emperor, and, contrary to the usage in criminal cases, the trial was public. Numerius contented himself with denying his guilt, and there was not sufficient proof against him. His adversary, Delphidius, 'a passionate man,' seeing that the failure of the accusation was inevitable, could not restrain himself, and exclaimed, 'Oh, illustrious Caesar! if it is sufficient to deny, what hereafter will become of the guilty?' to which Julian replied, 'If it suffices to accuse, what will become of the innocent?'

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join