It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Government

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

They can travel the millions of LY (from Andromeda), and find this unremarkable yellow star, out of millions (billions?) of OTHER unremarkable stars, and this increasingly unremarkable planet....then, knowing that THIS planet's orbital period is called, in the Human English language one "year", can certainly know that our (puny Human's) method of calculating immense distances in space utilize either the LY (based on our unit of measurement, particular to this planet and its orbit) or the A.U. (used for smaller, IN Solar System reference)....yet, these incredibly sophisticated "aliens" can't convert to Humans' systems to THEIR OWN units of measurement?

Ya know it never ceases to amaze me how you think that Earth is "unremarkable", or "back-water". Its like you have never heard of the concept of exploration.

Actually, Earth is at least a little remarkable. I has an early FTL society on it. This makes you a species to watch. Course thats not why my people liked it. Its more that you have technology suited for young children (2 year olds)

And, again, I didn't say that we can't convert you coordinate systems or units of measure.

Further, having access to the (puny, small-brained) Humans' methods of cataloging and determining direction, and (approximate) distance from a KNOWN location (here) should also be easy as pie, for such an advanced species, with all of their knowledge of the Galaxy, and other galaxies, and star positions....AND the fact that the have interpreted our languages, and know everything about us....just a matter of conversions into THEIR system of co-ordinates. Surely, the Humans aren't as smart as the "Andromedans"????

You are presuming that we have access to your methods and systems. Or that we even care. You are making quantum leaps with your assumptions. Just what makes you think that any ET speaks English, or any other Terrestrial language? Many ETs don't use a verbal language except with their own kind; telepathy is much more useful, as there is no language barrier.

How is it that we "know everything" about you?

Perhaps, it is just your arrogance, and a desire to illustrate that I'm not ET that is causing you to make an ass of yourself.

I don't buy the "copping out", not for one micro second......and I truly hope others can see the illogic that has been constantly presented, by trying to use that cop-out "strategy".

There is no "cop out" here, only you wanting to show your false superiority. You haven't concidered, for even your microsecond that maybe, we have more respect for others than the typical Human.

And, again, where was that planet? Or do you even know?

Sorry....I have read a LOT of Science Fiction.....and the vast majority of it? FAR better than this thread's attempts.....

Ahhh, now we see the core ... welcome to reality!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

How come you only awnser rude comments?

can't you just ignore most of those? Lol

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Oh, really??

Actually, Earth is at least a little remarkable. I has an early FTL society on it.

"FTL", meaning "Faster Than Light" (because, that's what I have always understood "FTL" to be the acronym for).

Faster than light "society"? That's rather stunning news....oh, wait....we're back to Sceince Fiction, again.

I am seeing a confusion with a movie, here....."Star Trek: First Contact", specifically. One of the better of the many in the franchise, of course....but still fiction.

Sorry, again.....but a long-time Science Fiction fan here, and there isn't much that will get past my scrutiny, when it comes to "mining" the depths of what's come before......(no matter how much I "wish" some of it were true....).

Oh, and your "DNA"? Already debunked, by those who have the wherewithall to know, and the science to bring to the discussions.

It's nice to have a 'belief' that you are 'special' in some way.....however, a rational individual will immediately realize there are better ways to "broadcast" (if true) this "specialty". Shame that only ATS provides such an outlet....entertaining, in a small sense, but still, in the larger sense? Bit of a shame. Because, much bandwidth is wasted......

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Oh, really??

Actually, Earth is at least a little remarkable. I has an early FTL society on it.

"FTL", meaning "Faster Than Light" (because, that's what I have always understood "FTL" to be the acronym for).

Faster than light "society"? That's rather stunning news....oh, wait....we're back to Sceince Fiction, again.

I am seeing a confusion with a movie, here....."Star Trek: First Contact", specifically. One of the better of the many in the franchise, of course....but still fiction.

Sorry, again.....but a long-time Science Fiction fan here, and there isn't much that will get past my scrutiny, when it comes to "mining" the depths of what's come before......(no matter how much I "wish" some of it were true....).

Oh, and your "DNA"? Already debunked, by those who have the wherewithall to know, and the science to bring to the discussions.

It's nice to have a 'belief' that you are 'special' in some way.....however, a rational individual will immediately realize there are better ways to "broadcast" (if true) this "specialty". Shame that only ATS provides such an outlet....entertaining, in a small sense, but still, in the larger sense? Bit of a shame. Because, much bandwidth is wasted......

its nice to state what you think, but if he is a liar, truth would reveal itself.

Saying it like that "infact" makes him look like a better person then you do.

Infact, your helping him more then your not helping him, if thats indeed true.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Oh, really??

We're only back to fiction because of your fictional view of your current state of technology. Perhaps you should put down the science fiction and try real science. Go and visit the European Space Agency website. There you will find lots of papers describing how FTL is possible now.

Oh? When did that happen? I've seen no one who has been able to debunk my DNA. Lots of people discounting it out of hand, some saying that it is "faked", and others saying that there are "other explainations", but, no one debunking anything.

There have been no DNA test, or indeed any others, save for what I've paid for. And the results I have are still anomalous. No body with the "wherewithall", or the science to prove, or even illustrate, that my findings are anything other than correct.

The only waste of bandwidth here is from people like you who insist that things must be their way, because your way is the only sensible, logical way. Horse!

If you want to prove anything; try using real science, not fiction.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daecollo

Any beautiful people on your planet?
If you came to earth and you all look like that, it wouldn't be very fun :/

You think of having that advanced technology you would of made everyone pretty much beautiful and immortal by now.

Sure lots.

Being on Earth isn't fun, except for those rare moments.

Being beautiful ... well, I'm not sure what thats like, always been sort of plain. Immortal? Have you ever given that any real thought? My personal thoughts are that after a few hundred years, there is little that would be new, things would get boreing.

Yes, we can manipulate our DNA to achive those things, but, I think we have a bit more wisdom than to damage our species by trying.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Any beautiful people on your planet?
If you came to earth and you all look like that, it wouldn't be very fun :/

You think of having that advanced technology you would of made everyone pretty much beautiful and immortal by now.

Sure lots.

Being on Earth isn't fun, except for those rare moments.

Being beautiful ... well, I'm not sure what thats like, always been sort of plain. Immortal? Have you ever given that any real thought? My personal thoughts are that after a few hundred years, there is little that would be new, things would get boreing.

Yes, we can manipulate our DNA to achive those things, but, I think we have a bit more wisdom than to damage our species by trying.

I've never really been immortal, so I can't really give it any thought, I don't think anything can be truly immortal.
I mean, I'm sure if you were immortal, I would mean as immortal as in you can live forever as long as your not killed or in an actident, as in "your body doesn't stop working", I'm sure thats the kind of immortal most of us would like.

Such as, I want to LIVE to see aliens on earth and actually do something like visit other planets, you realise how boring it is to be locked up in a cage all your life?

Thats how it kind of feels like, you said yourself we as a species have alot of untapped potential,
but yet nobodys doing anything to tap into it , to be that just feels wrong.

Human beings themselves are lacking "purpose" and in the past, like so many other things, once we as a species gain so called "purpose" we feel broken. Once we feel that we have it, we "feel" invincible, and unstoppable.

P.S. Is there any way I could contact you outside of this to talk to you about it?
there are alot of questions I would like to ask when you had any free time you werent doing anything.
edit on 5-10-2010 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hey there Anthra.

I've got a few questions for you.

Do the species have event's that can relate to events we have here as humans? eg. Olympic games, X games etc
Or do they only focus on monitoring the not so advanced species?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

"technology suited for 2 year old children"? So are nuclear weapons cosmic matches? If so ,some adult should take them out of reach of the "children" before they burn the house down! You know it's only a matter of time, we need to be rid of these things pronto! Anthra, when the hell are we getting out of here? (I guess I should quit my bitching and whining and just suck it up!) Give my love to your Mum for me! Namaste

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Go and visit the European Space Agency website. There you will find lots of papers describing how FTL is possible now.

Sorry, but you seem to have mis-interpreted the information from the ESA. What they are discussing is the observation (still somewhat puzzling to scientists) of apparent superluminal behaviors observed emanating from some Pulsars, and in another article, a topic on a Gamma-ray burst in a nebula about 2,500 LY away, and the apparent indications that some of the matter seen (dust) has somehow moved faster than light speed....I would suggest that either there is a NEW naturally occurring law of physics not yet understood...or else their distance measurements of the dust rings are wrong. I'm betting on the latter.

So far, what ESA topic are about are what's observed in NATURE...nothing at all about building machines capable of re-creating any superluminal velocities. In fact, the amount of energy required is phenomenal, as seen in the naturally-occurring instances of stars exploding, and such. Humans certainly have no abilities to make such incredible energies by themselves. Further, these occurences would not be conducive for living matter....very powerful x-rays and gamma rays, and other nasty stuff.

One would think that a representative of an "advanced" space-faring species who happens to be living here on Earth, who is in contact with others of "his" species out in space, and communicating via an Internet discussion forum would know this. Oh, and this same individual would ALSO be able to explain, in great detail, a whole host of other things, like which planets have any formas of life on them, besides the Earth. AND, which is the nearest with intelligent life, etc etc.

Besides, all of the OTHER knowledges that the indivdual must also possess....science, medicine and such. What an incredible boon to Mankind, if only he would actually share it. (And, if any of the claims were actually true).

Shame.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You don't have to be so rude to someone ... if hes wrong then truth will reveal itself soon.
edit on 5-10-2010 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sorry, but you seem to have mis-interpreted the information from the ESA. What they are discussing is the observation (still somewhat puzzling to scientists) of apparent superluminal behaviors observed emanating from some Pulsars, and in another article, a topic on a Gamma-ray burst in a nebula about 2,500 LY away, and the apparent indications that some of the matter seen (dust) has somehow moved faster than light speed....I would suggest that either there is a NEW naturally occurring law of physics not yet understood...or else their distance measurements of the dust rings are wrong. I'm betting on the latter.

So far, what ESA topic are about are what's observed in NATURE...nothing at all about building machines capable of re-creating any superluminal velocities. In fact, the amount of energy required is phenomenal, as seen in the naturally-occurring instances of stars exploding, and such. Humans certainly have no abilities to make such incredible energies by themselves. Further, these occurences would not be conducive for living matter....very powerful x-rays and gamma rays, and other nasty stuff.

I'm sorry ... my bad. Not the ESA per se' Here try these links

www.hpcc-space.de...
hpcc-space.de...
hpcc-space.de...
hpcc-space.de...

There are more...

One would think that a representative of an "advanced" space-faring species who happens to be living here on Earth, who is in contact with others of "his" species out in space, and communicating via an Internet discussion forum would know this. Oh, and this same individual would ALSO be able to explain, in great detail, a whole host of other things, like which planets have any formas of life on them, besides the Earth. AND, which is the nearest with intelligent life, etc etc.

Besides, all of the OTHER knowledges that the indivdual must also possess....science, medicine and such. What an incredible boon to Mankind, if only he would actually share it. (And, if any of the claims were actually true).

You can not base your knowledge of ET, and what he "should" know entirely on science fiction. You seem to like many others. There is absolutely no logical reason to think that a Software Engineer, a medical person, or, a diplomat should know squat about how starships work, or what stars have planets, and which planets have some form of life. Insisting that we should, or do is quite simply a display of your ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to learn. You, like so many others, would rather argue with ET over petty stuff, insist that he isn't ET, and do everything in your power to obfiscate reality. Perhaps, if you keep it up long enough we will all just leave you to your very own home made hell.

Etharzi od Oma,
Anthra

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry ... my bad. Not the ESA per se' Here try these links

www.hpcc-space.de...
hpcc-space.de...
hpcc-space.de...
hpcc-space.de...

There are more...

You can not base your knowledge of ET, and what he "should" know entirely on science fiction. You seem to like many others. There is absolutely no logical reason to think that a Software Engineer, a medical person, or, a diplomat should know squat about how starships work, or what stars have planets, and which planets have some form of life. Insisting that we should, or do is quite simply a display of your ignorance, arrogance, and unwillingness to learn. You, like so many others, would rather argue with ET over petty stuff, insist that he isn't ET, and do everything in your power to obfiscate reality. Perhaps, if you keep it up long enough we will all just leave you to your very own home made hell.

Etharzi od Oma,
Anthra

You do know that study's show human's only use about 9% of there brains?

I think we have alot of untapped potential.

Human beings themselves are lacking "purpose".
Once we feel that we have it, we "feel" invincible.

Will everyone comming in contact with ET give us a purpose?
Probably, because we are all bored being locked in our cage.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Im remaining neutral on this subject, but you can't assume that he knows everything about his species and their technology. Do you know everything about yours? Do you know how to program an aircraft autopilot? Or build a multi-stage rocket then blast it to the moon? How about drilling for oil? Know the proper protocols for all of that?
No. This is a mistake many people make, commonly called generalizing.

Anthra is right. Nobody has really truly debunked him yet. Nobody has referenced a source or did anything with a level head. All i see is angry finger pointing.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
reply to post by weedwhacker

Im remaining neutral on this subject, but you can't assume that he knows everything about his species and their technology. Do you know everything about yours? Do you know how to program an aircraft autopilot? Or build a multi-stage rocket then blast it to the moon? How about drilling for oil? Know the proper protocols for all of that?
No. This is a mistake many people make, commonly called generalizing.

Anthra is right. Nobody has really truly debunked him yet. Nobody has referenced a source or did anything with a level head. All i see is angry finger pointing.

I'm a master docter, a master scientist, a master gunfighter and swordsman, also a master chef, and a master engineer, and a master shipwright AND a master tactician, and a master starfighter pilot, and a master bioengineer, and a ...uhh.., and I also have lots of strength so I can use heavy armor with no movement penaltys!

I'm sure thats how aliens are, Amiright?

No, im pretty sure most people can only be one of those things..

edit on 6-10-2010 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
Hey there Anthra.

I've got a few questions for you.

Do the species have event's that can relate to events we have here as humans? eg. Olympic games, X games etc
Or do they only focus on monitoring the not so advanced species?

Cheers
Brady

Don't know for sure, but, there are always going to be people who like competition. Given that, I think it would be safe to say; Yes.

And, then of course, there will be those who enjoy the study of less advanced civilizations.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

No sorry, don't know about such a study. And, I've heard that it is myth. While it is true that none of use our brain to its fullest potential, I do think that we use all of it.

When we start talking about purpose, we are entering the realm of philosophy.

I don't think ET can "give" you purpose, that is something One must find on their own. The best way I know of is to explore your own world, and find that which can "drive" you.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

No sorry, don't know about such a study. And, I've heard that it is myth. While it is true that none of use our brain to its fullest potential, I do think that we use all of it.

When we start talking about purpose, we are entering the realm of philosophy.

I don't think ET can "give" you purpose, that is something One must find on their own. The best way I know of is to explore your own world, and find that which can "drive" you.

Well, thats impossible to most of us, since theres so many limits now that you cannot do that now.
it would be easier, much easier, to just go on a ship and travel to other galaxies and planets and explore.

Plus, everything thats worth discovering has already been dug up by the other 11 billion people.

Enless you wanna take a swim in the ocean, but good luck with that, high risk with no reward.

Alot of people believe this Myth:
Adding to that mystery is the contention that humans "only" employ 10 percent of their brain. If only regular folk could tap that other 90 percent, they too could become savants who remember π to the twenty-thousandth decimal place or perhaps even have telekinetic powers.
((of course, I believe this could be true, but I believe it would also shorten our lifespans immensely, if true))
((probably would also kill alot of our emotions, and make us sweat, have more stress.))
edit on 6-10-2010 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Although I do wish I could chat with you more, there is alot I would like to know.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It seems full disclosure is imminent within this or next year. With sightings on the news all over china, and now in the US where they are appearing in broad daylight like in New York, or over crouded populations at night with their lights on full like Texas (that was a spectacular light show by the way) the government is going to be pressured even more about it and sooner or later they would have to say something about it.

Whats your take on those, anthra?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join