It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is changing the american healthcare such an issue?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading

Originally posted by Janky Red

reply to post by Reading

Or we could just stick them in camps?.... oh no wait that didnt work before cant recall why?

Oh yeah because it was the most evil plan ever concucted

No... Giving healthcare to lazy people is the most evil plans ever concocted...

THIS IS AMERICA!

We will fight against healthcare!

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

reply to post by notreallyalive

Medicaid and Medicare, from what little I know of them, are paid by our tax money.

Medicaid does come out of tax money, but Medicare is different. I guess you could say that it is the same ponzi scheme as Social Security.

All of my working life Medicare and Social Security were taken out of my paychecks. My employer matched and paid for me also. This collected money paid for the retired people of that time.

Now I am retired and the currently collected Medicare and Social Security taxes come to me. I also have to pay addition Medicare insurance now. There are still out of pocket medical expenses to pay unless you are paying for some kind of gap insurance.

[edit on 11/8/2009 by Mahree]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The problem with supposed health care reform in the U.S. is threefold in my opinion; number one, health insurance companies - nothing more than bean counting money whores; they don't care a lick about the people who've shelled out thousands in their premiums, accepted exorbitant deductibles without complaint or have suffered greatly because said insurance companies have found ways to classify their conditions as pre-existing or procedures as non medically necessary. It's legalized extortion after a fact, and they've amassed so much power that their lobby in Washington has literally bought hundreds of our representatives, leading to the second problem...

The Government; an ever more control hungry administration is going to solve our healthcare woes when they couldn't even pay the car dealers involved with Cash-For-Clunkers on time? Aside that, though it has passed the house, any legislation that comes to ultimate fruition will have people adding things or taking things away who are on the payroll of the insurance companies (see above paragraph) - in essence, what we have now is a watered down version of the original intent that does little more than eliminate pre-existing conditions to the tune of higher taxes on already overpriced premiums, your so-called "stealth" taxes for those who elect not to go with a public option and no limits to cost control that will lead to unpayable fines by the poor and prisons that are spilling out into the streets they're so overwhelmed... and the third problem?

Jaded, bitter people in this country who justify their lack of compassion for their fellow Americans under the guise of social conscience - the whole "everyone who doesn't buy their own insurance is a lazy slob and I shouldn't have to subsidize their drain on society." A clever way to say "As long as I'm okay, who gives a #$%T about you?" Adding that if you go to an emergency room you'll be taken care of doesn't hide this fact - especially since in doing so, the cost is ultimately passed on to these very same jaded, bitter people. Nevermind the fact that Medicare and Medicaid are what they'd consider to be socialized medicine - it's barely noticeable on their taxes.

So you can see my British friend, this is ultimately our own fault on at least three different levels. Nixon allowed the creation of HMOs and waived cost limitation or even adherence to federal antitrust laws or Rico statutes. This created the beast known as the "modern" health insurance company; the government ignored the problem until it became evident that it was crippling otherwise self-sufficient American families... and by the time they addressed it, those self-sufficient American families were so bitter and jaded that the thought of this government, as inept and corrupt and utterly incometent to the task as they are, taking their tax money to ineptly help others became repulsive.

Sorry for the run-on - kind of a microcosm as to how twisted the whole situation is... anyhoo, this country from top to bottom has a lot of growing up to do before anyone can even come close to pulling off healthcare reform, to say nothing of an NHS style system of medicine.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I often wonder the same thing.

A lot of people I've spoke to that opposed "health care reform" pretty much sole argument was "healthcare is not a right" or "I shouldn't have to pay..."

I honestly do not know what all is in the current health bill so I don't understand all of the opposition to it. I personally think we do need a better system than what exists in America today. I've worked my whole life, often more than one job and even still did not have the money to get a lot of basic things done and was forced to choose between that or other needs and often times the other needs won.

My point is that most people just seem to be against the idea of healthcare for everyone and not the policies that would create it. I was against some of the ideas of how to achieve that healthcare but not the idea of providing it for everyone. I agree that if someone McDonald's themselves into the hospital it shouldn't be "my' responsibility but there are always things that can be put in place to balance out those kinds of things.

So seriously, and I'm not being funny because I don't really know what the current bill contains. But what is in this bill that makes it wrong or not a good idea, or things that do make it a good idea?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No... Giving healthcare to lazy people is the most evil plans ever concocted...

THIS IS AMERICA!

We will fight against healthcare!

For god's sake...

This right here is why people in this country are so easily worked over by private interests into fighting tooth-and-nail against something that will largely benefit them in the long run:

Stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join