It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What does everyone here think of David Icke's work? I've never read anything of his, and a lot of it seems like total bunk...I looked at "Alice in Wonderland and The World Trade Center Disaster" in the bookstore the other day, and contemplated buying it, it seemed like the most lucid of any of his writing.

Does anyone recommend any of his books, particularly? Is anyone familiar with what he's written? What do you think of him?

I'm interested in sticking my toe in the water to see what all the hubub is about him, though I'm not really sure where to start.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
For someone new to the world of Icke, I suggest I Am Me I Am Free.

This is truly the book to read to introduce you to Icke's theories. This was printed before he discovered his Reptilian theory, but does have some powerful imagery nevertheless.

The back cover says :

With humor and powerful insight, David Icke exposes the mental and emotional prisons which billions of people build around themselves - prisons which allow a tiny few to control the direction of the world. He shows how shallow and ridiculous are the fears, guilts, resentments and limitations which blight the lives of humankind, and he offers the key to mental and emotional liberation. Icke also reveals staggering information about the almost unspeakable activities of world famous politicians and 'entertainers'. This devastating expose of the human condition and those who manipulate the human mind is a getaway car for the psyche. It will make you laugh. It will make you think. It will blow your mind. How would you describe this book? Very simply. In one word. FREEDOM

If you would rather jump straight in the deep end (Reptilians etc) , then you need The Biggest Secret. This is where he first wrote of the Reptilians and was the first Icke book I ever read.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I second that emotion.

I myself have read several of his books (having never heard of him until Pisky introduced me, he and his books have long been...not exactly banned from the states, but not exactly ENCOURAGED either), and they all strike the ring of truth with me.

It's something that he says repeatedly...that the only test you need to know that he is on the right track is to watch your own life. Watch how it seems to fall apart once you realize it's all basically been the "Matrix" all along. Look around you. People are basically pre-programmed robots at this point and when you try to challenge them with a new idea, or a new way of doing things (which usually involve helping your fellow human beings by the way), watch the reaction. It will either be ridicule or outright indignation and defensiveness for the status quo. IE. the system.

So yes, I set great store in what David Icke has to say. He is one of the few public figures out there that I would LOVE to sit down over a cup of coffee with and have a good long natter.

So YES. Most definitely read a few more of his books and then you won't NEED to ask us what we think lol.

And yes, just in case you're wondering I second Piskys choice of the next Icke Book in your studies.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would DEFINATELY recommend DAvid Icke to anyone on this site. I just happen to agree with his overall notion of LOVE over FEAR as the healer of our world. However misguided some people may feel some of his views are, you cant go wrong with that overall premise in life. The first book I read of his was "and the truth shall set you free", i think its a great book to introduce his work and philosophies. Im about to start "Tales from the Time loop" as well. Alice and Wonderland and the WTC disaster is very good as well. Only trouble i have with Ickes writing style is he tends to cram info into his paragraphs. A plethora of names, dates, etc...so it can be somewhat hard to process all the info at once. I think this is his desire to really show people all the connections and lineages that truly abound in all this stuff however which is good. ANyways, its good stuff, iam a Icke fan.
Jake

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well in my wholly personal opinion I think David Icke is a crackpot . But hey, what do I know? If I don't automatically agree with his wacked out ideas about Bush being an alien reptile I'm a sheep right? Hmm.... Sorry, I just wanted to offer my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What does everyone here think of David Icke's work?

Personally, I think he's a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but that's me....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thats an idea - McDogturds could include 'Reptilian shapeshifter' toys in their Happy Meals

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Did you know the library even has a David Icke book "Alice In Wonderland/911" book. I have been on the waiting list for over a month now. I'm third in line now.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Did you know the library even has a David Icke book "Alice In Wonderland/911" book. I have been on the waiting list for over a month now. I'm third in line now.

I wonder if its true that the spooks are monitoring people's reading habits by checking out what they borrow from the library. Best get ready for a visit from the MIB's WW

join