It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can beat Swine Flu and Pnuemonia

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

Fructose and corn syrup! Thank you for the info shucker.
And people refuse to believe in evil people.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: CornShucker

Fructose and corn syrup! Thank you for the info shucker.
And people refuse to believe in evil people.

They're really sneaky with their labeling, you have to look closely. Honey has become expensive and they know it. If it's the cheapest on the shelf or on the $ aisle, READ the label.

Honey is good for a lot of home remedies. That crap is just meant to taste sweet. Diabetes runs in my family and I've been both lucky and careful over the years. I hate to think of the difference equivalent amount of each make in blood sugar levels. Just touch of honey will sweeten a cup of coffee or tea. I wouldn't put that imitation stuff in anything!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

keep this thread going....natural remedies there is nothing better

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I eat onions all the time (along with other veggies, fruits and seeds) and I haven't been sick in at least 11 years. I did have a bad tooth, however, and bit down on a piece of onion to let the juices soak inside. The toothache went away. You can also hold it on the side of the tooth if it's too painful to bite down on it.

Since I can't use onions on my cats I keep a bottle of colloidal silver on hand for them (and me, if I ever need it)
edit on 13-9-2014 by texasgirl because: Added on

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I'm gonna have to make a point of trying colloidal silver
sometime.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow.Thanks for this,randyvs.Wish i'd known about this earlier this year,when it was winter here in South Africa.My daughter got some godawful swine flu,never seen her so sick in my life.I would've tried this as soon as she started feeling sickly.Took her to the doctor,she got Tamiflu,and did recover,but i was quite worried there.My son had bronchitis at the same time,so he got antibiotics for that.She said soon it would be my turn,but i told her i don't get flu,because since i had it once or twice in early childhood,i never got it again.I did'nt even get a cold this past winter,just felt a bit grotty one day,with a stuffy nose,then next day fine again.The doc seemed to take exception to my saying i don't get the flu and told me almost irritatedly:"Oh you Will get it,just wait and see" which i thought was very odd.Well she was wrong i did not,or any other bug.Except for the occasional vitamin C tabs i did'nt take any precautions either,we don't take vaccines.I do like to nibble on raw onion whilst cooking though,always have,don't know if there's a connection,but it's not like i have it every single day.But from now on i will eat a few thin slices a day-don't think i would care for a whole onion like ziggy 1706's co-worker,might be a bit rough on my stomach ulcer.Thanks again.a reply to: randyvs

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Good information in this thread.

I suffer from terrible sinus problems when I get even the slightest cold. I then suffer for a month or two with pain and hearing loss.

I have been taking Trametes versicolor (Turkey tail mushroom) for a couple of years now, and haven't had a problem.

I highly recommend it for boosting your immune.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shaded27
Good information in this thread.

I suffer from terrible sinus problems when I get even the slightest cold. I then suffer for a month or two with pain and hearing loss.

I have been taking Trametes versicolor (Turkey tail mushroom) for a couple of years now, and haven't had a problem.

I highly recommend it for boosting your immune.

Something I can't say enough good things about is the neti pot. I used to spend a fortune (along with my wife's health insurance provider) every month because of my sinus problems. Woodworking means learning to live with a chronic stopped up head.

They've become mainstream enough that you can find them in most drugstores, at K-Mart & WallyWorld, etc... Being the tinkerer that I am, there was no way that I was going to buy commercial nasal rinse. Here is what to buy:

Your neti pot.

A container of finely ground sea salt NOT table salt. Iodized table salt will irritate membranes of your sinuses.

Baking soda. Just the same old baking soda that is good for so many other things.

Use whatever container that works for you. I used one of those plastic containers that ready-made cake icing comes in.

Mix 3 parts sea salt to 1 part baking soda. I always make a full container when I'm needing more. Just seal it up an shake until you feel comfortable with having mixed it well.

All that's left is to find a cup for your liquid and the right size spoon. You'll have to experiment with what you find comfortable. Naturally, it's best to start small and then increase the amount of mix 'til you find what does the trick for you.

In my case, my wife had an old microwaveable teacup that is just right and we had a Cookie Monster baby spoon in the back of the hardware drawer that is perfect.

IMPORTANT:
Because of the different parasites and other problems with water recently you should never, never use just plain tap water. Using the microwave isn't enough, either. You should either use distilled water or filtered water.

Stir your mix into your (room temperature) water then pour it into your neti pot. Usually there is obvious mix that hasn't dissolved completely on the side of the cup. I just empty the neti back into the cup and do it again. That will do the trick most times.

You are now ready to stand over your vanity or sink and put the tip of the neti pot in one nostril. Tilt your head so that the mix comes out the opposing nostril. I know it sounds gross at first, but it works and it only costs pennies once you've bought a pot.

Do one nostril at a time and then blow your nose. (I use paper towels) You will be amazed at first at all the stuff you are flushing out that no amount of nose blowing would have ever moved. Be careful not to block either nostril. The saline mix is going to loosen a lot of infection and the last thing you want to do is push it up to your eustachian tubes.

Two things from my own twice daily ritual:

I've learned just the right setting for our microwave, so I warm my water before flushing my sinuses.

I also like to hold the nostril that will be where the mix exits shut until I can feel my sinuses on that side filling and a bit of it starts to reach the back of my throat. Then I move my finger and allow them to drain.

What I've found works best for me is to do it once, wait about fifteen minutes and then do it again.

You can make enough mix to last 6 to 8 months for under $3 at the $ store...

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thank you for the info and enjoyable read.
Funny I was looking at raw onion juice recently its powerful stuff

purp

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just had a fever for an entire week, came out of the ER after an eleven hour wait. All they gave me were synthetic antibiotics which made me started coughing. I remember this thread so I Google "onion lungs abovetopsecret". Quickly Chopped off the lower ring of a fresh white onion, not even a half, and just placed it near my mouth and breathed in all its vapor through my nose and especially mouth, no water needed. After three minutes I kid you not, my cough stopped comoletely and I fell asleep soundly.

I've always eaten raw garlic for colds and flu but never witnesses the miracle of onions until now. I can't wait for flu season so I can walk around with chopped onions and my family will hail me as Jesus lol.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Richsac89
Just had a fever for an entire week, came out of the ER after an eleven hour wait. All they gave me were synthetic antibiotics which made me started coughing. I remember this thread so I Google "onion lungs abovetopsecret". Quickly Chopped off the lower ring of a fresh white onion, not even a half, and just placed it near my mouth and breathed in all its vapor through my nose and especially mouth, no water needed. After three minutes I kid you not, my cough stopped comoletely and I fell asleep soundly.

I've always eaten raw garlic for colds and flu but never witnesses the miracle of onions until now. I can't wait for flu season so I can walk around with chopped onions and my family will hail me as Jesus lol.

I love how often this thread comes back to me.
One of my best.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: Richsac89

I love how often this thread comes back to me.
One of my best.

It serves a valuable service. The flu is dangerous stuff &, as such, can get you exposed to stuff that I'll discreetly call less than healthy.

This being ATS, I'll probably get nailed by someone demanding a source link (Grin) but I don't have a mainframe in my basement to archive every single thing I read just in case someone wants to accuse me of exaggerating.
(More than likely it IS but I don't plan on asking them & would rather they not decide to contact me!)

I read an article a year or two ago about a gov't study that crunched the numbers going all the way back to when we all lined up for the "emergency" swine flu shot during the Carter years. If memory serves, the study was published in 1986.

The reason it made enough of an impression on me that it stuck is that they found that, among the elderly, deaths during flu season increased in the percentage of the population that had gotten the flu shot. In all fairness, I do need to point out that they listed several ailments in that group that were not the flu which were the recorded cause of death.

I'm not a doctor (never played one on TV & I've never run for president) but I do have common sense. Currently the gov't is keeping an eye out for critics of "v@k-scenes", but if you have a percentage of the population dying during the flu season of pneumonia, heart/lung problems, kidney/liver problems, blood disorders, etc. and your study shows they have a common denominator, that should be considered significant.

With all I've been reading about the moves to make "v@k-scenes" mandatory, it's a bit scary. Someone my age stands a better chance of living through the season by sticking with the old-timey remedies and trying to stay under the radar.

Btw, that swine flu shot made me feel bad enough to miss a couple of days work and stay in bed. I know the "smart people" say there's no connection but if they like their opinion, they can keep their opinion...
edit on 5 18 2016 by CornShucker because: spelling

edit on 5 18 2016 by CornShucker because: deleted uneeded word

edit on 5 18 2016 by CornShucker because: punctuation

edit on 5 18 2016 by CornShucker because: punctuation and added dropped word

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join