It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Click to contact a mod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I understand that there have been some changes on ATS due to people lowering themselves to hate speech and such in threads. Usually, the mods are right on top of it to their credit, but as with anything, some trash always falls through the cracks.

I was wondering if it would be possible to either add an icon or make the mods names at the bottom of the page linked to a U2U so that we can make them aware of such occasions where their attention may be needed.

I'm not trying to play tattle tail, but I hate having an intelligent (at least by my standards
) discussion, and then having random people come in and reply to posts by calling members names and not contributing ANYTHING else to the discussion.

Perhaps, I'm just impatient, it's has been used to describe me
. But I think it would be useful to keep threads on target and avoid derailment to give us lower members a way of getting a mods attention especially on threads that are not closely monitored by staff.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is an alert button on EVERY post which gives a U2U directly to the mod forum.

I don't see why contacting specific mods would be required, as they are never on at the same time and it would cause certain mods who are more often to deal with ALL the issues.

There's also the complaint/suggestion icon as well.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If you see something that is against T&C, you can hit the ALERT button on said post or go to your member account and click on SUGGESTIONS & COMPLAINTS. Hitting both ways means all staff will be alerted and will discuss.

Thank you

[edit on October 27th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Alternatively, if you want to U2U a specific moderator, you'll see a list of the mods on the board index on the left hand side. Click the name and a U2U is ready to be written.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I was unaware of the alert button I'll have to go back and see. I don't need to contact one person specifically. thank you forgive my ignorance. So, then this was probably pointless, feel free to delete.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Problem solved!

Thread closed

top topics

join