It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Particle beams injected into LHC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Particle beams injected into LHC

news.bbc.co.uk

On 23 and 25 October, beams of protons and of lead ions were injected into the LHC ring, and successfully guided both clockwise and anti-clockwise through two of the eight sectors. Each sector is approximately 3.5km long.

The extreme cold allows the magnets inside the LHC, which align and accelerate the beam, to become "superconducting". This means they channel electric current with zero resistance and very little power loss.

Gianluigi Arduini, deputy head of hardware commissioning for the LHC, told BBC News the beam test showed that the collider's machinery was operating properly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't think this has been posted.

Interesting in relation to the October 25 doom predictions.

If indeed the Web bot project predicted the beginning of a downward trend in things this might be a 'reverse' prophecy.

Perhaps when the LHC blows up the world in 2012 we will all be looking back and going OHH! THAT's what happened on 10/25!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Actually, John Titor claims that the LHC leads to the discovery of time travel, not blow up the world!

Could signal the start of something bad to happen, though, since John Titor said it should have been up and running by now!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Titor, lmao.

Good one.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
For good or bad, and Titor aside, it appears that all systems are go for the LHC. That is big news.
And welcomed news from where I sit.
Lets see those other dimensions!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Then again we have the paradoxical hypothesis that if Time Travel has been invented and was found to be more of a malevolencce than a benevolent tool Then some in TPTB might in fact have already come back 2 days ago and altered our time.
I believe that is why their seems to be a prevalence of doomsday prophecies at the moment as I believe some calling themselves,"The Watchers" are in fact running around altering our time space continuum. Which when the prohesied events do not unfold, we tend to see it as false information and at worst fear mongering dis-information operatives.
Though like in the Butterfly effect movie trilogy. One can only hold off an inevitable situation for so long until it reemerges in a different alternative Time line etc

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith
reply to post by MegaCurious

Titor, lmao.

Good one.

Now lets don't laugh at John Titor, he explained that his world-line was delayed from ours...

John Titor:
I've also noticed little things like news events that happen at different times, football games won by other teams...things like that. I would guess the temporal divergence between this world line and my original is about 1 or 2 percent. Of course, the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view.

If they create micro-donut shaped black holes and later put them in GE magnetic housing units to alter mass and gravity of these micro singularities.... then the keys to time travel are here according to Titor.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by imitator]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We could already be in a time loop where they turn the machine on, blow up the planet creating a time eddy that brings us back to the date they built the machine and repeating the same over and over forever. Or, they will create 10,000 micro black holes I like to call "Hawkings holes" that instantly create a big one and so suck the Earth into it. And lastly, they open a temporal portal that allows us to slide from one parallel universe to another as Titor said.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I read about this earlier today. I feel a little nervous if truth be told but at the same time I am really excited.

If it is the end of the world it will be so quick I won’t even notice and that means no more getting hammered by lies from the MSM, and depressing news about the middle east.

I am going to practice survival just in case something goes wrong – now where did I leave “The Mist” DVD?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

John titor was Miss Blossom(the crazy person).But this is good news,i thought evil particles were trying to sabotage the LHC though?...maybe the physicist who came up with that was wrong...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Actually, in the event of a black hole, the closer to the event horizon you get, the slower time goes due to an effect called dilation. In the event of ripping Europe off the planet and flinging into space making a hole that breaks the Earth apart, that would take hours to complete and it would not be pleasant. The only hope we got is that quantum physics theory is correct and and there is active intelligence at that smallest level that prevents such chaos. And the other is to hope the machine simply fails altogether. Also intervention by God to stop us from killing everything, I like that one best.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In the article posted, it said this.

"But that will be in stages. We will first go to one, then 3.5... then from 2011 we're going to try to go to seven."

The timing of that makes me nervous, especially with all the different theories of 2012, I have always and do still believe 2012 will be something good for Planet Earth, not necessarily the Human Race, but for the Earth.

Perhaps the reaching 7 is the start of the build up.

My opinion is they should switch it off and leave well alone, some things we are not meant to understand yet, at least not until we use things for the betterment of Mankind, rather than always trying to turn it into a bloody weapon.

At least let me get off first.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So 2012 is true then, they are going to actually do it. Sort of reminds me of Planet of the Apes when Charlton Heston gets to the Statue of Liberty and says, "they finally did it...!"

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I hope they are closer to making solid hydrogen a reality... last time I checked, about 12 years ago, they were almost there.

Solid hydrogen allows superconductivity at room temperatures. The only problem is that you must compress hydrogen at about 2.3 million (i don't remember the exact number) earth atmospheres...and they were at about 2.1 million... and that was 12 years ago.

So me thinks they achieved it since then...

Anyway, my point is that with solid hydrogen, you don't need to cold the whole system... which is way easier for maintenance...and price.

Anyone have new information on solid hydrogen?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yah but its Adobe..

www.aps.org...

Apparently it is used in super-conducting quadrupoles.

For some reason I remember hearing about this with the Lawrence Welk Show playing in the background so it may be older technology.

Here is an HTML page.

74.6.239.67.../riaseb/wrkshop2003/papers/p-1-1-5.pd f&w=%22ion+trapping%22+%22solid+hydrogen%22&d=OyBdq929TlJq&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=Gs75hKgfN1ttkf8JKpaSKA--

[edit on 26-10-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I honestly don't see why people are fretting out over the LHC. Can someone tell me the real justification for fretting out over it so much? I mean... I think it's just hysteria that's perpetrated by people who are afraid of it. I understand the device and implications of it- but really- why would people be against this progress? I don't understand this hysteria.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is good news, thanks for the notice. Only a little over a year later...maybe this time. Can't wait 'till it ramps up.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Thanks for bringing this story! Amidst all the fractal doom, I almost lost sight of the cultivated kind. LHC project is fascinating.

I certainly hope they've tested their strangelet net. This is a good ride, we're on; interesting time to be alive.

Anyone seen Plucky?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If this LHC thing really did open up a blackhole, that did swallow up Earth. Please let it teleport me to some kind of fantasy land that I would really enjoy now.

new topics

top topics

join