It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah...I'm back....or am I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have taken myself a break from here for a while and it seems not a lot has changed. Some new faces and a few familiar ones. As much as it feels like coming home, I kinda feel like taking another break again already.
Some of you may know me and many wont. Unless I am convinced otherwise, I doubt some will get the chance.
After a lengthy hiatus My very first thread back was full of aggression and it didnt even get past the first page before the old chestnut..."we are supposed to be denying ignorance" was pulled out. Seems like [url=http://www.belowtopsecret.com/thread406344/pg1] this[/url is as accurate now as when it was first written.

I guess the influx of admin U2U saying 'play nice' was for good cause. What happened here while I was away?

Please someone convince me I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

#include >reality.h<

int main(void)
[
printf( "your wrong!\n" );
return 0;
]

Did it convince you ?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What?!?!?

That is one thing I have missed. The randomness of some people...

Other than than...same old same old...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What do you need convincing of?

Hello BTW

Should you come back? Up to you i guess.

ATS has definitely changed and many long-standing and decent members have left, which is a shame.

But it's still ok here... still some great members and some great threads.

People argue and are rude...that's just life man.

Don't let them get to you and just have fun.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hey blup.
Good you you still around, as with you TUP.

Has the place changed or have I? Maybe thats the difference. I dont know. Maybe I have just passed my 'used by date' here.

P.S. Can a freindly mod please fix the code for me in the OP. Ta much.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Welcome back. I agree that things seem to have taken a turn for the worse. I mainly stick to BTS these days due to the hate and vitriol.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hi Karl. Long time no see!
Yeah..BTS is probably the safe option these days. I know that on the ATS side I only meed to read the thread titles to know who will post in it and what they will say....BTS at least has some degree of randomness about it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Viking!

How are you mate?

Yeah things have gotten weird around here...

Up is down black is white!

Hope you stick around!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Hi Karl. Long time no see!
Yeah..BTS is probably the safe option these days. I know that on the ATS side I only meed to read the thread titles to know who will post in it and what they will say....BTS at least has some degree of randomness about it.

+1 to that Vik, it really has taken a turn for the worst. Unfortunatly many great faces have left... but I guess that you get that.

Unfortunately "deny ignorance" really has not much meaning for much of the people on the site these days.
I mean... for some it does, but there are others that obviously come here to troll and cause mayhem.

I guess the degree of randomness here on bts keeps everyone sane

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Change is the only constant.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Chad my friend! How have you been. (answer your U2U)

Funky one! Good to see you and AD is here as well.

It is good to be remembered by such good people. makes feel all warm and gooey inside.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Good to see you back.

Hope you'll stay with us.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Hey Diz,
Missed you too. Looks like it might be worth a trial run.
Thanks for the welcome home guys!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT

If everybody chooses to leave and simply wait for things to change, that will never happen for sure… It's in your hands (and many more) to bring back the old spirit. The motto here is to deny ignorance. So, ignore what is bothering you and don't deny us yourself and your valid contributions.

Miss you. D

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hey Dana!
Great to see you. Dont get me wrong, I didnt leave hoping for change on my return. I had other things on and figured it was about time I popped in for a look see.
It was kinda like returning home to Mum and Dads place and they turned your bedroom into a hobby room...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Helloooo! Long time no speak, I hope you are well.
)

It's good to take a break sometimes, but you are always drawn back to ATS because it were us nut cases are
Admit it... you missed us

x

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Viking.

Welcome back to the nuthouse brutha!!! It's good to see you hanging around here again. While you were gone, not much really changed Vike. By the way, you are wrong Viking.

new topics

top topics

join