It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
H1N1 Has hit hard in my area and my family.

It is a real threat.

You can make flippant comments and act like adolescents while there are teenagers in the hospital in my town fighting for their lives right this moment.

One of those teens is my niece. She's been sick 6 weeks now.

This will not lead to martial law. Nor will it become mandatory that we all get the N1H1 shot.

Use your brains and reason this situation out.

I don't know about that but to most of us it seems like hype.

CDC Information

The number of seasonal influenza-associated (i.e., seasonal flu-related) deaths varies from year to year because flu seasons often fluctuate in length and severity. CDC estimated that about 36,000 people died of seasonal flu-related causes each year, on average, during the 1990s in the United States. This figure includes people dying from complications of seasonal flu.

Now that is from the CDC, 36,000 deaths. Hmm and we are tripping up over 1000 deaths?

I'm not trying to minimize the impact it has had on your family, but it is not severe enough to warrant making it a national emergency.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Perhaps the virus has delayed activation. So far it doesnt have any worse death tolls than a ordinary flu. If its still the same virus. Could be a second virus.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I am very sorry for your situation, none of us here are making any remarks to deride your position, we are all here to cuss and discuss everything.

I hope every thing turns out ok for you and yours. Peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
CNN is now reporting that the Emergency Declaration gives the
Federal Gov't more power.

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't anyone is saying it's not a potentially serious virus, I think the issue is it's being played up to hysterical levels by the government and media - remember SARS & west Nile virus? I do think it will be used as an excuse for the powers that be to take more control over the populous - martial law is, most likely, pushing it a bit though.

I hope your niece and family members get will soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

What seems to be peculiar about all the cases, the doctors are not testing to see if it is H1N1. So it may not even be the swine flu. It could be something else. They have been saying that only 1 in 4 or 5 cases they suspect swine flu is their even antibodies present. They are also getting false positives. That is why they are just now saying, anyone with the symptoms iare being diagnosed with it, without testing.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Interesting. Sounds like a good way to get a second virus into the population and then claim its the swine flu that killed them.

But thats with the tinfoil hat on.... lets see what happens in the next few days.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Okey, quick question/comment? Something was "suppose" to happen the 25th could this announcement have something to do with a build up to that?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I am so sorry dizzy, hope everything goes well, and I will keep your niece in my prayers,

However, we don't have any vaccines here, and the supply they are sending won't be available to most people,

I was speaking the truth, our health department isn't testing, unless the person is hospitalized, so they can't prove one way or another what this is people are coming down with,

People are flooding the emergency rooms with light symptoms, because they are in a state of panic.

[edit on 113131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The official declaration of any national emergency gives the POTUS the authority to implement any or all of the executive orders.

Hopefully it will not come to that but executive orders bypass and over ride the entire constitution. This could be the beginning of a coup.

Watching closely to see if our rights and liberties go swirling down the porcelain bowl.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Vaccine warning

US officials said the president's declaration was similar to ones issued before hurricanes make landfall.

It allows authorities to bypass certain federal requirements in order to deal more effectively with emergencies.

So with this said does that mean that H1N1 is going to start getting worse or just another cover for the big pharma to entice people to take the vaccine?

Anne Schuchat, of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said only 28-30 million doses would be available by the end of October, down from an earlier estimate of 40 million.

Ms Schuchat said swine flu activity was widespread, with hospitalisations and deaths continuing to increase.

Is this being said so that it works on the subconscious just as the last toy at christmas time on the shelves causes people to fight and scramble?

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by antar]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Perhaps. By declaring this a emergency, I bet lots more people will want to get vaccinated.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

It seems everything we have been discussing here over the last 6 months is coming to a head.

Flu Pandemic, Banks failing, Economy failing, Another War on the horizon, etc, etc, etc.

I hope all these endisnighe people are wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

As stated in my post above the question is do they have information about some sort of mutation not being told to the G.P. or is this just a way of selling more vaccines already accounted for to the public that has shown intelligence and resistance to the vaccine?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well what is weird or conspiratorial is that the US government shipped a lot of the vaccine that was meant for the US to other countries.

Everytime you turn around their are more and more questions. What the frack is going on?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What does this mean for america?
Is martial law coming?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

" THE MILITARY WLL BREAK DOWN YOUR DOOR, PIN YOU DOWN AND JAB YOU AND YOURS"

OR else........

This latest prediction seems to be right on. Strap on your seatbelts, buy food and sit back and watch the show.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Ah Dizzie, I feel for you so strongly, I have been reading about your family and it has caused great worry for ma as well, you know I am the sole suport for my 3 children and my step daughter as well as a 90 year old aunt, I am so sorry to hear of your problems. I hope your niece finds her health soon, she must be VERY strong to have come this far.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

I believe if that happened in even a small community, you will see the SHTF. I hope to hell these idiot government officials do not do anything stupid.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

TBH, antar, I think this is just an excuse to rob us of our liberties and set in motion the transfer of our national sovereignty to a global ruling body like the UN. If it weren't novel flu, it would be economic upheaval or some other "emergency".

The declaration of a national emergency is very vague. It can be for anything the POTUS says is an emergency. We have enough real and contrived problems happening that he doesn't have to declare a national emergency because he didn't get sprinkles on his sundae but the results are the same, no matter the declared or official cause.

The constitution still goes out the window.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join