It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Believers...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by badmedia

"I and the father ARE ONE"

"before Abraham was, I AM"

"if you have seen me you have seen the Father"

Jesus Christ said those words.

Jesus Christ is God

You will need to be born of the spirit before you can truly understand what Jesus is talking about.

When he is asked by the Jews in John 10, he quotes Psalm 82.

Psalm 82

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Here it is from John 10

30I and my Father are one.

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Which is why the Jews of the time were so wrong and it shows they had no understanding of the scripture. Because there is nothing at odds with what Jesus says there.

It's all about the father and son relationship in this case.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

The day he is speaking of is a specific day. It is the day you meet the father. It is the day you are born of spirit. And on that day, one comes to understand the nature and what is god, and how he is within all etc.

That was the day my life changed. That was the day where for the first time I started to have understanding. These are specific events and things that happen, and go beyond religion and reading the bible, they are experiences required for proper understanding. The understanding is what you call the holy spirit, but personally all these things were devoid of any labels when I experienced them. The closest I can really come to expressing what it's like is to say that it's like hearing pure understanding. Not like someone saying 1+1=2, but instead like hearing the pure understanding of math. Only about things much deeper than math.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I have agreed with God that I was a sinner, and been baptized in the name of Jesus, November 17th 2008 was the day of my baptism, October 31, 2000 was the day I accepted Jesus as my savior.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

The Holy Ghost is what I LIVE by daily, anytime I sin I'm convicted by the spirit within me and I repent immediately, it's the only way to not live in sin.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

But again, you are treating his "name" in the sense of an idol.

Maybe I can explain with politics. Because I actually first noticed this in politics, which is what opened up the bible for me in many ways.

You take a politician, and that politician will have their flag pins, they will praise America, they will salute the flag, they will be great patriots, and so forth. And it is by this that the people will say - oh, that guy is a great patriot, and so forth.

But all those things are the idols, they are praising and worshiping idols of sorts. However, what really matters is what the actions of those people are, not how well they can give lip service to the idols. And if they are working for the people, and for Americans as they claim, then it would be reflected in their actions. They would be sticking up for the freedoms of people, and so forth(all that they praise and claim to do).

When Jesus talks about looking at their fruits, this is the kind of thing he is talking about. You can't look at what they give lip service to, you have to look at their actions - that will show you the truth.

So when you said the above, you are talking about the idol, no different than the politicians do. And the people of power have purposely done that in order to blind people. Focus on the idol, rather than what it represents and really means. A replacement. Religion is just old time politics in this manner, as it was politicians who decided these things.

And the way you do not treat Jesus as an idol is to see that what is "Jesus" is what he did, what he lived, what he taught and his actions. That is what you are accepting, and it is the holy spirit(which gives understanding) that allows/helps along the way.

And do not tell me that you do this already, because you don't. If you did, then you would realize that "Non-Believers" who don't accept your religion and your beliefs are not destined to hell, and have the same understanding available and can choose to live by the same understanding regardless of what culture they live in.

Which is exactly why 1 world religion and such is not needed. It would just be a 1 world religion of idol worship. Understanding can be expressed in many unique ways, if Jesus works for someone - great. But 1+1=2 and 3+4=7 may be 2 different expressions, but they are both based on the same understanding. And only someone without that understanding could condemn anyone who doesn't repeat their expression.

People travel the world to make people repeat 1+1=2, and all the while do not have the understanding themselves. How are you different?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I invite you to experience 23 minutes in Hell.

Bill Weise - "23 Minutes In Hell"

My prayers are with you daily folks, and I wanted to share with you the testimony of a man who was given a tour of Hell from the Lord.

I don't need your comments, or U2Us, I just hoped if I could get one person to watch the video it would be awesome, just 1 person. I pray you'll take time to listen to this man speak and share his experience.

God bless you all.

Well I am a "non believer" and I certainly do not need or want your prayers or your scare mongering propoganda. Think I need saving? I have no idea who you are or what your own ethics are so you might be leading me on a path of immorality. You have no idea who I am so the assumption that "non-believers" need saving is judgmental and biggoted and therefore (in my eyes) immoral. So to be on the safe side I better not watch it.

If you want to learn how to be a better person I'm here for you.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by riley]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join