It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Forces

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdolink

nothing there...

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I know keeps happen to me every timel put a link in these errors keep coming.if you go to united nations web page it`s easy to find this info

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Of course UN wont send troops to hot zones in Africa. The troops are for peacekeeping not for enforcing it.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Of course UN wont send troops to hot zones in Africa. The troops are for peacekeeping not for enforcing it.

umm isnt the job of a peace keeper to enforce the peace

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oh, sorry meant forcing it. Meaning that UN forces go to the area when the prospect of peace is good. AFAIK they go only when cease fire and/or peace has been agreed on. They dont go if the fighting is still on, no agreements have been made or the risk of all out war is still too high.
For that reason in my opinion it is very good that they are allowed to use force only when in imminent danger so the local population can trust them and feel safe around them. You have to remember that they go into war torn countries to help rebuild them in peace, if they would be allowed to use force more easily that would make the locals feel more like they're 'under a gun'. In many cases they work co-operatively with the military forces on both sides too which would be difficult if they are shooting at each other
People tend to forget that these are peace forces whose jobs are to help co-ordinate relief efforts, clearing mines, building damaged infrastrukture and so on.
Finnish UN forces are AFAIK engineers and medical staffs mostly who go in to clear mines and build field hospitals and so on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join