It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

???The Question Of Martial Law???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Could The Entire Country Be Controlled By Martial Law?

I will be speaking about the possibility of Martial Law being imposed on the citizens of the United States of America. I am a citizen of this country and recently saw a post about the possibility of Martial Law in the United States of America. It brought up some issues I would like to touch on. I would like to mention a couple of things before I begin. The first is that I am approximating with these numbers. In no way do I know or have the ability to know the exact numbers I am speaking about. I am only trying to point out the possibility and feasibility of this actually happening to us. The second is that I am making broad generalization and creating hypothetical situations in this thread. It is only meant to make people think. I will not state whether or not I believe this will happen or make any sort of predictions of when or if this will happen. Having said this I will begin.

I am going to start with some numbers. There are 304,059,724 people as of July 2008 in the United States of America according to the census bureau. There are about 1,473,900 active and about 1,458,500 reserves in the U.S. military. There are approximately 1,000,000 law enforcement agents. Just because I don’t have exact numbers and there is no real way to account for every gun carrying person who is employed by the state, city, federal governments, or privately employed I will add 1,000,000 more to this list. So we have a total of 4,932,400 gun carrying people who would participate in the enforcement of Martial Law. Now let me round up to 5,000,000 because as I said I am approximating due to the inability to know exact numbers. If we round the number of Americans up to 305,000,000 and divide that number into the 5,000,000 I just mentioned we will end up with the ratio of what I will call military versus the civilian. This ratio is 61/1, meaning that there are 61 civilians to every 1 military.

Now that I am done with the strict numbers I will make my first of a couple of hypothetical situations come true. We will assume that all of the military numbered are already here in the United States and not abroad fighting or stationed in one of the many countries we now occupy. Next we will assume that all of the 305,000,000 people are of a general age of say 30. I do this because in order to show the possibility or impossibility of Martial Law occurring it is easier to assume that the 1 military person will or will not be able to control the 61 citizens if they are all physically able to “fight” against the Martial Law.

Having said all this there are an innumerable amount of things that stand in the way of Martial Law working. A few are transportation, planning, logistics, food, water, sleep, weaponry, just to mention a few. It is clear that the populations of the country are mainly within city limits which can be cut off from the surrounding areas by means of blockades. So while it may be easy to surround a large city by blocking the roads, bridges, tunnels, and trains that connect the city to the suburbs it is not possible to surround every small hamlet or suburb where a large number of the population reside.

I will leave it to you the reader to make your assumptions and add your own knowledge and ideas to this thread. I would like to see what others think about this possibility. Also I would love to have anyone or everyone who has intimate knowledge of actual government plans to please post links to this information for us all to review. Thank you for reading this and I hope it leads people to think about this and possible help people plan for the possibility of this actually happening. By this I mean plan on what you will do or not do in the event that this becomes a reality…

All information was procured from Wikipedia

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the possibility due to sheer numbers is discussed in a few other threads.
good article though, thanks for the approximate numbers, it informed me a little.

new topics

join