It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's HOAX on America - Real CNN Footage from 1991 "Gulf War"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok. I would like to know EXACTLY where this happened- as I was IN Saudi- Abu Dhabi And Dubai, to be exact- and the only attack I suffered was from an irate camel! I got sand in my boots (I was in the navy, but the boots helped while I was goofing off in town), I almost trespassed into some sheik's home by accident (I wasn't watching where I was going, following the sidewalk and reading a comic book), I had a Muslim girl 'flash' me, she took off her burqa face mask and grinned like you wouldn't believe at me. The people were friendy. The food was amazing, The monetary system was confusing, and gold was cheeeeeeeeeeeeap. I wish I had kept some now.

There were no rockets, no alarms (car alarms), drills, gas masks, NOTHING. The only gas attack that happened was when I ate too much spicy food.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Great thread and great video. However this proof does nothing for the sheep because they still wont believe it. Sheep could be on fire and they wouldnt believe you if you told them.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Not sure where or when this took place other than Saudi Arabia which did undergo several attacks by Scud Missles with outbound Patriots. I was in Turkey and everytime one of the scuds was fired in our general direction we had alarms and doned gas mask...more as a precaution than the thought of an actual missle coming in but since Scuds are or were hard to determine where they were going it was always better to err on the side of saftey. As for the video it appears to me to be in a hotel room with a balcony or maybe a lobby where fake pakm tree "grow" inside just for the appearance or decorations. As far as joking around we did all the time as it did reduce the stres and fatigue. As for smelling the missle exhaust they are in my opinion refering to the exhaust of outgoing Patriots which are very loud and do smell. The war was very real as I was there and saw first hand the death and destruction it just did not last very long since we bombed the hell out of the desert. And the camera is on a tripod is why the camera did not move. After a second look at the video it appears they are on the roof as you can see the building next door and see the top of the palm trees not a studio set but roof top which is where most of the media set up.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by DJMSN]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is absolutely absurd. I can't believe CNN would do something like that.

Wow just goes to show you how far the censorship will go. If I would have seen that I would never had believed it in the first place.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
Not sure where or when this took place other than Saudi Arabia which did undergo several attacks by Scud Missles with outbound Patriots. I was in Turkey and everytime one of the scuds was fired in our general direction we had alarms and doned gas mask...more as a precaution than the thought of an actual missle coming in but since Scuds are or were hard to determine where they were going it was always better to err on the side of saftey. As for the video it appears to me to be in a hotel room with a balcony or maybe a lobby where fake pakm tree "grow" inside just for the appearance or decorations. As far as joking around we did all the time as it did reduce the stres and fatigue. As for smelling the missle exhaust they are in my opinion refering to the exhaust of outgoing Patriots which are very loud and do smell. The war was very real as I was there and saw first hand the death and destruction it just did not last very long since we bombed the hell out of the desert. And the camera is on a tripod is why the camera did not move. After a second look at the video it appears they are on the roof as you can see the building next door and see the top of the palm trees not a studio set but roof top which is where most of the media set up.

Ahh but you see the SHEEP won't listen to you, they wont believe you - you could tell them they were on fire and they'd not believe you.

Im just glad you posted what I was going to.

Nope, it has to be a cover up - yet again.....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by silvertip83
This is absolutely absurd. I can't believe CNN would do something like that.

Wow just goes to show you how far the censorship will go. If I would have seen that I would never had believed it in the first place.

And that was back in the 90's

Imagine all the fake things we have watched on the news that we believed to be true...

Everything is revealed eventually...

You can't keep lying and covering up forever!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Oh, brother! Here I was, hoping for some media BS, and all I got was some opinions on the footage? He assumes it isn't the right time, because he thinks the light is wrong? He assumes a studio, because we are in front of a hotel (and conveniently changes the channel when we might have seen more?)? He assumes a siren is an added sound effect? He assumes they are lying about smelling rocket fuel (and of course, you CAN smell it)? Then he assumes it's fake because one guy puts on a mask, not knowing the identity of the smell yet, while the other, more seasoned, doesn't don a mask because he does know the smell? This is supposed to be proof of fake coverage?

I have seen fake coverage before, and seen reports of more, but this isn't it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
It was CNN back then and it's FOX news today. The fake news that is spewed out to the American people daily is nothing new and has perhaps been going on from day one.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by CaptGizmo]

Complete and utter ignorance. Somebody's got biased feelings towards a station that doesn't support their political leanings so obviously it must some conspiracy thus making said station a fakery. You amuse yourself with your false logic, but the truth is no media outlet is going to be totally open with us. They have their corporate interests. It was CNN, ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC then and it's CNN, ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC now........

No SIR! Your accusation has no founding and perhaps shows your own ignorance in the fact that you did not even bother to read my post properly.
I stated that "Talk about wag the dog! It also shows how our government is in bed with the media as they never stand up and say a peep. Democracy indeed! Controlled media sounds a lot like communism or fascism to me. Makes me want to puke!!!" I mentioned Fox news in the first sentence of the post to make a point that the worst offender today is Fox news as compared to the wort then . If you notice in the body of the rest of the post I use the term media which would indicate all the news stations and news papers, etc.

Your assumption is careless. I have a full understanding of how corporate interest are at the heart of our Government run state media. You can thank Rupert Murdoch for that by the way.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I do not belive we should fine tune anything in the Bill of Rights, leave it as it is. You fine tune one amendment then you begin fine tunning others untill eventually the bill of rights no longer exists.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The woman in the studio, in the lead up to the interview/report, speaks to the reporter...sorry...."reporter" (not completely proven) about having to put on his gas mask if necessary and how they'd understand. So she knew he had a gas mask.

When the drama erupts, the reporter immediately puts on his gas mask. His buddy immediately puts on a helmet, but not a gas mask.
I'd like to know why the reporter and his friend in the US both knew that a gas mask was likely to be required, but the other guy didn't. Are there any basic safety information packs or meetings for reporters? Why did one or the other of them ignore basic safety? I would have to assume that the best protection would be offered by a helmet AND a gas mask. Unless they only had one of each....

Does that mean that they went into a war zone unprepared and badly equipped? If you were likely to be in harms way from a nation known to use gas (and very widely reported as such), why would you only have a helmet?
If there were rockets flying, why would you only have a gas mask? Wouldn't you want a helmet too?

I know the camera was on a tripod, so I'm not really shaken by the line in the video about the cameraman not moving, but he/she did seem to be ready for a pan shot very quickly - unless he/she was already kitted out in respirator and helmet....Which should have cued to helmet guy that he might need a respirator.

Logic. Look for that, and you find the holes.

The lack of delay in the signal is also quite weird.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well my two pence.

I believe it was a fake broadcast. I wonder what CNN had to gain from it ???

Why would one reporter put on a gas mask and the other not ????

That part alone makes no sense what so ever.

The MSM lie to us all.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Everybody is doing it. Do you remember the Kosovo train incident where General Clark said NATO didn't mean to deceive the public by speeding up the gun footage nearly 3 times. They just wanted to show how little time the weapons officer had to respond.

truthinmedia.org

Wikipedia

Edit for typo

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
Great thread and great video. However this proof does nothing for the sheep because they still wont believe it. Sheep could be on fire and they wouldnt believe you if you told them.

Agreed. The sheep will never want to admit they were tricked by this ridiculous sham of a news broadcast. That would make them look foolish.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That footage is what I imagine a modern, low budget, made for TV version of the old War of the Worlds radio broadcast would look like - cheesy acting by the correspondents, cheap looking set, and some exaggerated expressions of fear and panic.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I do not belive we should fine tune anything in the Bill of Rights, leave it as it is. You fine tune one amendment then you begin fine tunning others untill eventually the bill of rights no longer exists.

OR, it still exists...but in a much better form. That thing is outdated and was designed with what was considered "modern" at the time. What's wrong with updating it to bring it into the 21st Century? Imagine if everyone had the attitude of "You fine tune one amendment then you begin fine tuning others until eventually the bill of rights no longer exists." towards everything in life. TV's never advance in technology, vehicles doesn't, food doesn't, medicine doesn't...and on...and on..and on.

There is NOTHING wrong with tweaking ANYTHING in life, when necessity calls for it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

OR, it still exists...but in a much better form. That thing is outdated and was designed with what was considered "modern" at the time. What's wrong with updating it to bring it into the 21st Century? Imagine if everyone had the attitude of "You fine tune one amendment then you begin fine tuning others until eventually the bill of rights no longer exists." towards everything in life. TV's never advance in technology, vehicles doesn't, food doesn't, medicine doesn't...and on...and on..and on.

There is NOTHING wrong with tweaking ANYTHING in life, when necessity calls for it.

I believe that's an insanely good point. That's the same as most churches now excepting that the earth is billions of years old rather than 6000.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
After this and seeing the really dodgy 9/11 video layer joining going on.. how is it so hard to believe they did it in 9/11 too..? I'm a VJ or video jockey as part of my business and I routinely join 2-5 videos at real time in layers, to create pretty much anything. Much of what I saw on '9/11 fakery' videos can be easily done in realtime, let alone by cnn in an office.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ahh I love footage like this, if only we could get something like this to air on the television OR on a major news' website. Can anyone here hack into CNN.com and place this video footage on the main page while simultaneously blocking them from being able to remove it? That would be sweet.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
HA! That made my day, and its not even 8 am yet. I've always thought these "war correspondents" were pretty ridiculous:

"I'm coming to you live from the balcony in my suite at the Iraq Hyatt Regency."

I'll believe they fake this stuff. I mean, during the last Iraq war they had "embedded journalists" who were with military personnel who assuredly kept them out of most of the action.

Actually, when I was in the Navy, we had a journalist that I saw on our Aircraft Carrier... they took live footage and were actually there.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by tac109

Agreed. The sheep will never want to admit they were tricked by this ridiculous sham of a news broadcast. That would make them look foolish.

The vast majority of the sheeple will never accept that this is happening..

It will have to be forced down their throats over a long period of time, as one after the other awaken the others will start to follow...just like sheep, but more awake..

better than nothing i guess

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join