It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's HOAX on America - Real CNN Footage from 1991 "Gulf War"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well...

This certainly is interesting..

CNN is reporting "live" from Saudi Arabia during the 1991 / 1992 Gulf War...

But obviously all is not as it seems...

Watch and see for yourself...

www.liveleak.com...

The lies of the mainstream media exposed...!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
That's crazy stuff man...
I thought you might kick out of an old thread of mine on here, Sadaam's Teeth, Etc.
Case law after case law prooves beyond any doubt that the media has no legal obligation to be neither truthful or factual, anything you see on that boob tube has been brought to you by someone with a vested interest in manipulating your opinions. ALL MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS CRAP, evert last thirty second slot of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I also figured that the saddam they hanged was not the real saddam..

Same as the fact that hitler never killed himself, and even visited america after the war...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
HA! That made my day, and its not even 8 am yet. I've always thought these "war correspondents" were pretty ridiculous:

"I'm coming to you live from the balcony in my suite at the Iraq Hyatt Regency."

I'll believe they fake this stuff. I mean, during the last Iraq war they had "embedded journalists" who were with military personnel who assuredly kept them out of most of the action. It's really all about ratings and it's much more cost effective to fake it then actually send this guy over there.

One thing that stood out to me is that there is no delay in the satellite feed despite the fact that this is 1991! Watch, when she asks him if it's "about 6 o'clock in the morning" his response almost cuts her off!!

Also, why would he be in Saudi Arabia? If I remember correctly that war was to free Kuwait from an Iraqi invasion.

On a side note, I miss the 90s

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

On a side note, I miss the 90s

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Shadowflux]

The world was indeed a much happier place with dial-up, DOS and Power Rangers.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Good find , I'll have to send it to some sheeple who think the establishment media never makes things up !

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Anyone ever see Wag the Dog? Seems pretty plausible to me, even though they faked the entire war in that movie.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
But it's CNN and on TV so it must be true.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I didn't see any smoking gun. Every question asked, I could think of a reasonable explanation. Doesn't mean the explanation is true, but it does mean that there are other possibilities besides fraud.

Having said that, I will repeat what I've said before. The news is entertainment, not information. This news bit had a little drama in it. Guy in Saudi Arabia, possibly near where military action is taking place, possibly vulnerable to explosions, missiles, even a gas attack. How exciting. Then, conveniently, there is some sort of alert and everyone puts on protective gear (although different protective gear, for some reason).

But the light in Saudi Arabia at dawn? Maybe it's quite bright then. This was August, when the days are long. I don't see any fraud there. Also, it is possible that studio lighting was used to enhance available light.

The background - if fake - could easily have been set up in Saudi Arabia just because the real background wasn't dramatic enough. For example, if there were a McDonald's behind them, or barracks for the troops; or if it looked like anywhere in US suburbia. Put a palm tree in there and make it look exotic.

Asking that a siren-like noise be turned off, no mystery there. The military was working with the media during Gulf 1. They might well have wanted to keep the media happy by cooperating when possible.

Still, it is true that the news has no legal obligation to be factual. They could have held that interview in Manhattan. But I'm thinking it doesn't really make any difference. We already know that the media lies. We know they fake stuff. If this is one more fake, then so what? Business as usual.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Reply to Shadowflux: Also, why would he be in Saudi Arabia? If I remember correctly that war was to free Kuwait from an Iraqi invasion.

I believe that Saudi Arabia allowed the U.S. to base its operations (CentCom I think) there. If I remember correctly the story is that O.B.Laden offered to defend Saudi Arabia from Saddam's forces in Kuwait, and I assume to defend Kuwait as well, with al Quaida but that they decided to take the U.S.'s help instead...That sounds even more far fetched after writing it out. But I think that's how it goes, leaving O.B.Laden ticked off forever more about infidels on the holy land.

sthurts

edit to improperly add quote.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by stopthathurts]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It was CNN back then and it's FOX news today. The fake news that is spewed out to the American people daily is nothing new and has perhaps been going on from day one. Talk about wag the dog! It also shows how our government is in bed with the media as they never stand up and say a peep. Democracy indeed! Controlled media sounds a lot like communism or fascism to me. Makes me want to puke!!!

And we are suppose to believe everything that NASA tells us too.
SPIT!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10/12/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Gotta love the fake palm tree and the fake blue backdrop in the background. This is an alleged war, why would you need backing scenery unless you are not located where you claim to be?

Did you notice the headgear the character on the right was wearing? This skit looked like it was straight out of a scene from Hogan's Heroes. Yeah, make sure you stay safe buddy. When you leave the studio after filming and are crossing the street, watch out for those crazy NYC taxicabs.

CNN: The Most Mistrusted Name In News.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I didn't see any smoking gun.

did you watch the whole video? at 4:01 it zooms out and shows the studio set up.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My God I just love it...what a find! I'll even bet Saddam's hanging was faked right at CNN's Studios...lol

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What is that, is it part of a comedy show?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thiers a post her on ATS, few months ago, that posted lots of video of 'charles' behind the scenes. What gets me is, the entire background LOOKS like a studio setup for a soap opera...and the way they ddi things, carl coming out of the bushes, the helmet and gas mask..was so damn childish. Its amazing, what people will believe.. its times like this, that remind me of what my grandmother would say time to time...tv is evil and NO good for you..here we see, grandma knows best* i guess its true!
Now, here's something ive owndered about for quite some time...Allegedly, Hussien was hung few years ago...WAS it him? And was in fact, Hussien as guilty as the media and military amde him out to be? thats what bothers me the most!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am beyond sick. The plug should be pulled on CNN and every other 2 bit showman. I always knew it was fake but now there is proof. This should be shown all over and they should be charged with fraud! Misleading a country to affect votes and opinions to enact policies. How can we just sit here and take this?? We are pathetic creatures indeed. We get walked on every day and they laugh at us. Did you see the way he was laughing and joking in that studio. He was laughing at all us suckers! Well jokes on him now....we see what a cheap fake you really are now.....what a bunch of losers.......

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
It was CNN back then and it's FOX news today. The fake news that is spewed out to the American people daily is nothing new and has perhaps been going on from day one.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by CaptGizmo]

Complete and utter ignorance. Somebody's got biased feelings towards a station that doesn't support their political leanings so obviously it must some conspiracy thus making said station a fakery. You amuse yourself with your false logic, but the truth is no media outlet is going to be totally open with us. They have their corporate interests. It was CNN, ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC then and it's CNN, ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC now........

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Actually if you Google Charles Jaco, you'll get a handful of videos of this particular even. I have seen the whole video in it's entirely which I will post for you. I tell ya, they mention none of this in his wiki page or on the internet about this scam.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have unrestricted freedom of press/freedom of speech. The Ideas set forth in the Bill of rights was noble, but it needs some fine tuning. I wish the media would ONLY report the news. No slanted, bias reporting. No opinion pieces (keep your opinions to yourself)...JUST THE DAMN NEWS. You know HARD FACTS.

Just my 2-cents

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join