It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama Be the First President to Tell the Truth About UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Did you see the movie "Fourth of July"?

I think you mean "Independence Day".

But yeah, that scene is pretty much how I imagine the reality of it all; the president in the dark, and someone else in control of all the info.

"Two words, Mr. President: plausible deniability."

Two very ugly words.

~G

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Highly unlikely. the only time i could see TPTB revealing something as monumental as this was if they had something else up their sleeve. There is a reason things are classified top secret and need to know. Information is power. and there not just going to hand that info over, not without an ulterior motive anyway.

Your basically buy into 2 schools of thought, either the government is screwing with us or there looking out for our best interest. Personally i believe the latter, too much evidence to suggest otherwise. That being the case there is no benefit but more loss of control on their part if they dropped this nugget of info. So no he wont, least of all that he is just a figure head and a puppet with only as much power as they give him.

The gov is basically a bunch of corrupt powerful crooks, in suits. thats it. Im sure there are those within the system that are trying to make a difference but they are the exception rather than the rule.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
No! Obama is a liar about his personal life and such a person couldn't convince anyone to tell the truth because his lying would be held up before him.

The U.S. Gov't nor any world government knows any more about UFOs than the average Joe on the street. Conspiracists create such myths to enjoy the resulting brouhaha from the gullible.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

if you believe that then you must believe that TPTB are the most incompetent organization in the world. Unfortunately for you i think your wrong. With the network of information gathering devices at their disposal im sure the military know a lot more than the average joe. Kind of defeats the point of having an intelligence agency if they dont have any intelligence dont you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

if you believe that then you must believe that TPTB are the most incompetent organization in the world. Unfortunately for you i think your wrong. With the network of information gathering devices at their disposal im sure the military know a lot more than the average joe. Kind of defeats the point of having an intelligence agency if they dont have any intelligence dont you think?

"...having an intelligence agency if they dont have any intelligence dont you think?" How do I address that!? You've put yourself in a superior position so how about you telling us what any branch of the U.S. gov't knows about UFOs/aliens that the average Joe doesn't?

And, yes, I do think!

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Maybe the current administration will be forced to disclose. It could be that aliens will be landing with Obama's real birth certificate in exchange for fuel for their ships. I'm guessing they'll be needing to lay into a large supply of spicy cheetos for that, and then there will be outrage!

All of your spicy cheetos are belong to us.

Seriously, I don't expect disclosure. Obama can barely find time to address the nation's current issues, there's just so many of them. I think we'd have to have massive mother ships on our front door for this to be acknowledged.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabrinaleena
Maybe the current administration will be forced to disclose. It could be that aliens will be landing with Obama's real birth certificate in exchange for fuel for their ships. I'm guessing they'll be needing to lay into a large supply of spicy cheetos for that, and then there will be outrage!

All of your spicy cheetos are belong to us.

Seriously, I don't expect disclosure. Obama can barely find time to address the nation's current issues, there's just so many of them. I think we'd have to have massive mother ships on our front door for this to be acknowledged.

Let's look at it from a different angle:

If Obama chose disclosure now (if in fact he is the one choosing, hmmm...) then the rest of the Nation's nay Worlds problems would at that very moment become trivial in comparison. Everything would change. Everything. Nationalism? Bye-bye! Things beyond our collective scope would at once become evident. Things that would verdantly push some to torment and others to wonder and awe.

In any of those cases, Obama would suddenly be relieved of a great burden. His problems of presidency would be for the most part, null and void. A complete global rethink would come into effect.

Nothing less than amazing to be sure and wonderously terrifying as well.

Cheers,

Erik

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join