It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Max Keiser-World is giving America The Middle Finger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
World's major powers including China and Russia don't want to 'finance' American military adventures anymore. That's the view of Max Keiser, finance critic and former stockbroker. He says China, Russia and slew of other nations are interested in collapsing the US economy by rejecting the dollar.

The dollar loosing 50% of its value!
Wow, how would that affect consumers?

Would that mean products and services would double in price to reflect the 50% devaluation? Looks that way.

Interesting video.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I love that man! He's so sharp! This video dove-tails what you posted...

www.youtube.com...

oops, same video, my source was Russia Today, yours was ripped from Russia Today by someone...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Never mind, I got it now.

And for Plucky -> Max Keiser cute? Um, it might just be you.

S@F great thread

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There's been some denial of this in the media.

I guess the fact that this is indeed their plan conflicts with a premature collapse, wiping out their reserve balances and hence the "oh no no no... We are friends! We no want hurt Amerika!". Meanwhile they are trickling USD for gold and other commodities till the predifined moment they pull the plug on the remaining "disposable" reserves.

If this is factual and happening, then it is in this country's best interest to prematurely collapse ITSELF before the others get a chance to unload. Now THERE is a definite possibility NEAR TERM. But first USA must buy other currencies. Seems that is exactly what we've done during this downturn.

With such a play made, the US won't have to demand proper valuation against the IMF's SDR or whatever the others are proposing. They will do it FOR the USA, in order to preserve their USD equity.

Freaking genius plan and the USA cannot lose without everyone losing. That is, unless there is a balance zeroing agreement made amongst all other nations to zero the debt. Either way they will hurt, too.

I definitely see where this is going and I believe Max Keiser just let the cat completely out of the bag. USA wins this one in the long term but the short term is going to hurt ALOT.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hey, sorry I had looked around and missed this!!

I hope people have been paying attention - the world is PO'd at the U.S. - I wish the reporter had asked the time frame he was hearing for the switch out of dollars - she never did, though she had 2 opportunities!

S and F

Hope people watch this.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I find it ironic, they say it may take 8 or 9 years for this recession to clear...by2018 i read this dollar dump/covnersion thing...that put its right about apporximatley, 9 years* anyone see or nitcie this too? sounds like its all been planned out..

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What's going on... short term memory loss ???

the demise of the dollar & the rise of the Gulf (gold) Dinar, and using a basket of currencies to purchase Oil has been in the pipeline for years...

just search the AtS meme-o-sphere, and my posts to collobrate

here's John Galt on his blog saying the same thing i said yesterday (but not so eloquently)

The Insanity of the October 6 News and Precious Metals

04:27 by Administrator. Filed under: Whatever
By John Galt

October 7, 2009

JEDDAH, 29 March 2005 — The six-member Gulf Cooperation Council countries are committed to issue the GCC common currency in the year 2010, Finance Minister Dr. Ibrahim Al-Assaf stated yesterday. He denied press reports that the new currency has been named Gulf dinar. “We have not yet finalized the name of the currency as to whether it be Gulf dinar or riyal or any other name,” Al-Hayat Arabic daily quoted the minister as saying.

According to a study, the new currency will be the world’s most important currency union after the euro.

Thus you can see this has been in the planning stages for years and I have been following it since that time. The nations of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain have been eager to establish this new currency but the House of Saud and the Emirs in the UAE have been hesitant to pull the final trigger or agree on a set balance for gold, the euro and other currencies to include in the new basket for the GCC currency. This story has had its ups and downs for years, but there is a good chance that by mid to late 2010, this new currency will emerge as many of the banks in the region have quietly exited the US MBS markets and in fact flipped their holdings from long term Treasuries to short term notes. I would suggest paying attention to the December 2009 TIC report to see just how far along these plans are.

as one who reads the contents can see... the 'secret talks' of replacing the USD for Oil price & trade... has been in the works since 2005, at least !
it's not a new issue and shouldn't rock-the-world of finance/trade

+

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
IF its true, my reply, that would give more than enough time, for the criminal big bankers, AIG, bank of america and the like, to get ready and go with the flow, so they can retain and convert without collpasing! while the rest of us citizens bear the suffering, stand in line and do what were told* The feds of course will do the same, so they themselves, can continue, converting, so they can continue to make money*** be it waar, skimming, taxes, and bonds mysteriously gone missing* at our expense

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Freaking genius plan and the USA cannot lose without everyone losing. That is, unless there is a balance zeroing agreement made amongst all other nations to zero the debt. Either way they will hurt, too.

I definitely see where this is going and I believe Max Keiser just let the cat completely out of the bag. USA wins this one in the long term but the short term is going to hurt ALOT.

I guess Max Keiser knows better than the US finaciers who can sink the world economy anytime time they please to. These guys are not stupid; they took an insurance a long time ago: mess with the USD rough and your Treasuries will be worthless. Before hitting the USD hard, you need to unload the Treasuries on the secondary. How much would they be worth after a month of turbo-charged selling?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Keiser is entertaining to watch and I appreciate his presence in the MSM as a kind of "gadfly" to remind us of how screwed we are (or will soon be). However, he's a "one-note Charlie" in that his message is always the same, over and over...America is evil, America is about to crash, etc etc.

He's facing in the right direction, perhaps, but he's wearing blinders over his eyes. Too extreme; lacks nuance.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Trying to spin this shift away from the greenback as anti-Americanism is denial, plain and simple.

The reasons for the shift are economic. America's economy has been on suicide watch for well over a year now, and there is no sign whatsoever that it will return to its former glory anytime soon.

It's not, as much as the pundits want you to believe, a result of Obama's foreign policy failure, and it's also not a case of former friends and allies "turning their backs".

It's about the failure, over a period of two decades, of the US economy - and the failure of the rest of the world to realize that by propping up a system that was, in retrospect, a house of cards, they were putting their own economies and the economy of the USA in greater danger of complete collapse. Russia got hit very very hard last year. Iceland has gone from being a nation where an Alfa Romeo was a decent second car for the kids to a nation of hunter gatherers. And so on. And it's still not over.

The goal is not to cripple the USA. The USA, in many ways, has already crippled itself. The goal is to ensure that in the future, when bubbles burst, their damage can be contained - something that would ultimately be to America's benefit as well.

new topics

top topics

join