It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority in U.S. Would Back Attack to Prevent Iran Nuclear Bomb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This will be the ideal litmus test for Obama. Will he support Israel in whatever they do for the ever important Zionist vote in 2012 or will he finally put his foot down and withdraw support from Israel and if need be, shoot down the bombers as they fly over our airspace. Sarkozy says an attack on Iran would result in a "catastrophe". This seems to be the only logical conclusion. What war hasn't resulted in a catastrophe.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
American forces are NOT going to shoot down Israeli planes.

Wishful thinking on your part maybe, but that's one bronc that no one will straddle.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The poll was conducted Sept. 30-Oct. 4 among 1,500 adults

How can you take a poll of only 1500 people and claim that a majority of american's agree with something. Seems criminally fraudulent to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well Zbig Brzezinski seems to think Obama should shoot down Israeli planes. www.israelnationalnews.com... wishful thinking on my part. Zionism is dangerous super-patriotism that had forced American consent for far too long. It is about time we treat Israel like an adult and stop giving them whatever they want. Are you tax-paying Americans aware of how much money the US gives in support of Israel every year? www.rense.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Mak Manto

Dear God, you're dense.

I said 20% to 30% of the population are Arab.

As in blood.

Now you can actually learn something here if you'll just do a tiny bit of digging. Do a bit of research.

The statistics for Lebanon indicate a 20%-30% Arab origin.

BLOOD ARABS.

20%-30%.

Can you understand the words that are typed in sequence?

Which makes 70-80% Lebanese...

*Shakes head.*

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Mak Manto

Dear God, you're dense.

I said 20% to 30% of the population are Arab.

As in blood.

Now you can actually learn something here if you'll just do a tiny bit of digging. Do a bit of research.

The statistics for Lebanon indicate a 20%-30% Arab origin.

BLOOD ARABS.

20%-30%.

Can you understand the words that are typed in sequence?

Which makes 70-80% Lebanese...

*Shakes head.*

He is so judge mental for someone who knows very little about them. It's easy to be for war when your sending someone else's children to die.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of war. That doesn't mean I'm against war, but if we can solve this without it, I'll be glad to.

Too many people are ready to strike Iran, like it's some video game to them:

"Hey, hon, grab the kids and the popcorn, I'm turning on CNN! They're about to bomb the country!"

*Shakes head.*

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hypocrisy 101: Endorse the American bombing of Iran but in other threads encourage people to take up arms and start a VIOLENT "revolution" against the American government.

Yes, this happens on ATS and is happening in this thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

I don't take war lightly.

I took my turn.

Volunteered for combat three times.

Lost friends.

You assume.

You mistakenly assume.

So I discount your other assumptions.

And 20% to 30% Arab does NOT make a country LEBANESE.

It's like saying America is white.

Not exactly.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

That's a damn lie.

Those comments you mention are an assumption that one is likely to occur with the mood of the country.

Many senior politicians, analysts and personalities have said the same thing.

I don't mind you arguing, but no more lies.l

If you have to resort to crap that low, it just reinforces my earlier opinion of you.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You must feel guilty. No one is lying. The proof is in your own words. Here is but one excerpt of yours that shows the advocacy of citizens fighting the government/millitary:

And by the way. Any idiot that thinks thirty million armed, pissed off citizens are going to be overwhelmed by our military - many who will not be present in a free-for-all scenario - is dumb, crazy, delusional, and really lacks the ability for rational analysis.

Don't even get me started on the stuff you said about the taxes, Obama, liberal courts, etc and how all of that will lead to something happening. Face it man, your hypocrisy is showing. You can't call for the bombing of a country one minute, then in the very next minute criticize the government and blame them for everything that is wrong and finally go back to talk about bombing the previous country and say it's so the citizens here will be protected.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Actually perhaps you should be in charge of making the big decisions, seen as you seem to think you know everything and have such a high opinion of yourself.

Everyone else is "dense" yet you know it all.

Please enlighten us with your knowledge.....

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by emsed1

Oh, but don't you dare say that, "to let the Israelis deal with their problems" because that is call antisemitism.

In another note I think the polled Israel sympathizers in the US and that is how they got the poll in favor for American to bomb Iran.

Israel Can handle their own problems, they do not need our help. If anything I would say Iran does, BUT America does Not need to get involved! It is None Of Our Business what they do to each other.

Wednesday 6 May 2009 19.04 BST

A diplomatic row broke out today between the US and Israel after Washington's chief nuclear arms negotiator called on Israel to sign the Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT), breaking a US tradition of discretion over Israel's nuclear arsenal.
By including Israel on a list of countries known to have nuclear weapons. Gottemoeller broke with normal US diplomatic practice. Since 1968 when the CIA reported Israel had developed a nuclear weapon , Washington has pursued a policy of not demanding transparency from its close ally, and in return Israel agreed not to test a bomb or declare its nuclear capability - a policy of "strategic ambiguity".

www.guardian.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join