It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The U.S. Even Care About Its Soldiers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The problem is the conflict in the middle east. I believe America does'nt support the non-official war, but we do support the men and women fighting it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Blah blah blah!

Great opening. You come up with that all by yourself?

You and dooper are ex military so of course you're going to hold the opinions you hold of war.

Did it ever occur to you that those who take the chance of dying might not be as gung ho to go off to die as you think? The difference is, we understand the NECESSITY of it, and are willing to hold the line, so that you pampered folk can sit back at home, and talk all manner of trash about us and our dead buddies.
[edit on 2009/10/7 by nenothtu]

Hang on a minute. I didn't actually think that former soldiers, who I'm assuming have some sort of combat experience, actually believe this stuff? You honestly think that by fighting a group of militants on a mountain ridge in Afghanistan or fending off a small number of insurgent skirmishers taking pot shots at a convoy in downtown Baghdad is allowing me and by buddies to have some beers and watch naked titties after a hard day's work on Friday night?

Seriously? Please don't tell me you've fallen for the propaganda. I've seen the ads, "Defend Freedom," for example. "Freedom" as you and I understand it are a set of ideals. You can no more defend those ideals with soldiers and airplanes than you can float and walk through walls. Those wars are fights inside of each - of the "hearts and minds."

<< 1  2   >>

join