It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists "Reverse Ageing Process"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Fruit juices will not help, they'll just make it worse. The amount of fruits it would take to make 1 full glass of juice is much more than one would typically eat in one sitting. While the nutrients contained are very beneficial, the fact is that's too much sugar.

The negatives DO outweigh the positives in this situation.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I'll take that into account, thanks for the information
second line

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm 23 years old now. By the time I'm 24 I may actually look like a half decent lad providing I quit smoking (it's a work in progress). With these pills... I live to a 121 and I look 24 all my life! Oh yes! Bring it on! I dont mind dropping dead just like that when my DNA loses cohesion, maybe by then they will have sorted that out and I'll live till a 1000!

Imagine if you had to buy these things. £20 a pop. 14 pills, 2 a day. This could mean massive and I mean massive profits and it will replace the tobaccoe industry forever! People start smoking for many reasons but IF they were told that they could live forever... They would stop! Immortality or Die of Lung Cancer... Immortality every time!!!

However buying these things is the best it's going to get for us common as muck people. And this sort of stuff is not going to be around for at least another 50 years. So i'm guessing most of us will have died by then and if I'm still here... great I'll be 73 and still 73 for the rest of my life which could be another 50 years... Still... hopefully I'll be able to keep up to date with the football.

Unfortunately... This sort of thing has a hell of a lot of bad things that goes with it. You mess with nature and nature will mess with you. And as Dr. Soren once said in Star Trek Generations. "You can do anything to can to prevent death but in the end Time will hunt you down!" Well... it was something along the lines of that.

What if... you could only get these drugs if you served in the Military. What a recruitment technique that would be. The chance to live forever (providing you survive the war and serve us) Would you take it?

The elites, rich, powerful, sportsmen, celebrities, scientists, doctors and brilliant minds will get them... anyone else who is nothing... you dont get them.

If anyone believes that simple nothings like us will get these... you are gravely mistaken. This could turn ugly and could mean the cleansing and creation of a super human race, simply by them living forever, them breeding and us dying. 100 years after they get their hands on these they will all be alright and we'll be dead and nobody will be able to stop them.

This could lead to the end of the Chav! The end of the working class, The end of the underclass, The end of what makes humans human. Bollocks to Aliens or anything like that... Only the chosen will be allowed to live forever... if you dont agree... well, is some ugly person going to be allowed to live forever?! (I'll give you a description, massively fat woman, large boils, warts, moles on her face with a mushtash and cant even talk properly) Whose going to want that to live forever! 999 times out of 1000 that's the end of the line for that gene... but that's just what us commoners think. You look at the elites way of thinking... it's what... 1 in a 1000?! All depends if were any good?!

Were too late for this but I would definately tell your kids to eat their veg, be good at sports, do their homework and eat those omega tablets to expand their minds and increase their intelligence in the hope that maybe they will be chosen.

But then... they already have the minds, the sportsmen, the rich, the famous, the celebrities. Makes it tougher and seeing Ryan F*****G Giggs running down the left wing for Manchester United for the next century will seriously p**s me off!

I'd love to live forever... I just dont think I'll get the chance nor will anybody else... This could be the start of the Super Human race, the 500,000 the guide stones were talking about. Never mind swine flu and all that, this can be done in 100 years. You'll get the slumdogs to do the hardwork still but the elites will never change, the military will never turn because you dont bite the hand that feeds you. They Live Forever! Why should they turn on their masters and not live forever! Ok... it might not be forever... but 200 years or 70 years. I know what my first choice would be!

Cheers!

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Adono86]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Okay, so, are we ready for the moral implications of a extended life time? I suspect in the past it caused a few problems, have we overcome this?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Can they make it focus entirely on the penis? What is the stock symbol of this company?

Second line.

Use it or lose it!

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Republican08]

HA! So *THATS* where it went ...

Boooo!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You mean I'm going to have to listen to "disclosure is at hand next week!" every week for another 500 years? uuuuuugh...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
TOP STORY TODAY

Scientist discover new anabolic steroid.. woop woop lol

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
They might have made muscle tissue get younger but this wont stop DNA chains from producing errors after a certain amount of replications. We still have a long way to go to get to immortality.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Those "chemicals" have been more or less identified by now. The problem is they are secreted by the endocrine system (hormones), and you can't mess with the endocrine system. The balance is way too sensitive.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
definatly going to have to pop sum of these before i go to the gym in future hahaha..

these will become expensive but eventually undergroud cooks will start to produce these in the labs and will be on the black market for cheap..

just like alot of muscle building supplements today..

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If this is true then they should help those who have diseases of the muscle. They should not sweep this under the rug. It clearly could be a big money maker for who ever get's it to market. It's not really about the money, it should be about helping others. This medicine could also help people who have had heart attacks because the heart is a muscle. There is a lot of good that can come out of something like this.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Guys...this is just for reversing aging in muscle tissue. It won't repair the liver, the brain, intestines, bone, or anything else.

In other words, this by itself will not stave off death by organ failure or other age related illnesses. A complete defeat of aging won't come through one process or pill. There's a number of engineering problems to conquer, and muscle aging is just a part of the picture.

And we'll never attain immortality this side of the resurrection. Extreme life extension will definitely happen...living to 1,000 or even 10,000 will one day be possible. But you can still get your brains blown out. You'll still be able to be hit by a train. And that sudden stop at the end of a 2000 foot canyon fall will bring an end to things quite quickly. (Immortality literally means the inability to die from *anything*, including murder, accident, disease, and natural causes.)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join