It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rat Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So going for another interview (which i've likely failed) today was quite a eye opener. No wonder the world is in such a mess as it is. Corporate hot-shots in their suit and ties crammed onto the sardine train at 8am in the morning along with snobby managerial staff and people who seem to care too much about your own business instead of theirs.

It was really saddening to see them all in their little worlds reading their propoganda morning papers and being stupified by brain-dead music, I vowed to myself that if I ever become like that i'd jump infront of the train to end my misery.

These snobby people are also the very same people who cry and run in terror like their lives mean something whenever a bombing incident occurs or their car crashes, the hypocrisy of it all makes me laugh.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Corporate America sucks.

When my mortgage business starting crawling to a stand still back in February I was forced to take a job at a major credit card lender as a sales rep, and it has truly been one of the worst experiences of my life.

It did offer me a glimpse into the corrupt and greedy world of the credit card companies. I was able to learn the in's and out's of how the beast operates, and more importantly I got to see how companies like the one I work for (I dont want to name names..but it sounds a lot like Sitigroup) treat their long time customers, and even worse their employees.

The entire culture of greed and treachery is enough to make any honest man vomit on his shoes and second guess everything he has ever been taught about fair trade and business ethics. The managers are all scumbags and cronies and care less than 2 cents about anyones behind but their own.

Next monday will be my last day as I have been offered a position with a small broker shop where I will be able to actually earn a living and help the people I am in contact with. Corporate culture is all about profits before people and screwing unto others at every turn, and that is not how I am choosing to spend my days any longer.

In short, I would rather starve and live in a refridgerator box than to waste one more day fleecing my fellow citizens, who are all struggling to scratch out a living just as I am.

I would offer this advice to anyone who chooses to sell their soul for a guaranteed salary and work for the great Satan - dont do it. Dont compromise your integrity and your self respect and dignity. Do not waste your hours making some fat ass in a Brooks Brothers suit wealthy.

I realize that times are tough and most are hoping for any job they can fall upon, but I am here to tell you that this is a life of great misery for anyone with half a brain and any semblance of a conscience. I detest corporate America and every filthy, indignant principle that it stands for and I will never ever in this life ever again use my powers for evil.

Find what makes you happy. Help those you can. Do not place the almighty dollar above your own sense of right and wrong. Have faith that by doing what is right and what is good that good things will come back to you in return. Being able to look yourself in the mirror every day is priceless.

Good luck.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Corporate America sucks.

Unfortunately, it's contagious, not only airborne but web-borne too.

Mind your own business - build your own business. Make it so unique that again, you don't find yourself into another rat race.

join