It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will war with Iran look like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We debated back and forth the military strength of NK etc when they launched their missiles. That issue has seemed to fade back into the shadows. Now we are hearing the war drums with Iran beat. I really didn't think things would be moving this fast even though the war drums have been beating for a long time when it comes to Iran. But let's say Israel does attack Iran. What will happen? Let's say the US is drawn into a war with Iran. Worst case scenario? Best case scenario?

One side of me thinks Iran will be bombed and nothing will come of it. The other side thinks this will this set off a huge mess in the Middle East and with the US military already stretched thin this is suicide for us if we get drawn into a major conflict with Iran.

Are we really honest about Iran's military strength? Can they be chalked up to nothing like the North Koreans?

Seems like our thirst for war in America is unquenchable.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have a feeling there will be quie a few Americans who come into this thread talking about Iran being weak and being bombed into the stone age.

I think Iran will put up a fight, i hope they do anyway.

I think it will be a mess on a far larger scale than Iraq was.

But Israel doesn't care. They will drag us all down with them.

Best case scenario: There is no war

Worst case scenario: Iran does have nukes and strikes Israel or,

The U.S. gets involved, Syria also gets involved....and if you want all hell to break lose then Russia and China too, but i am not to sure about those last two.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Dude did you know once in our earth history it has been documented that the earth flipped poles and the devastation was horrible..it was caused by the use of multiple nuclear weapons...the people of earth recieved alot of genetic and skin damage...its history repeating it self, all i can tell you even if there is nuclear weapons that goes off NO-ONE CAN ESCAPE THE RADIATION DAMAGE except people living in the souther part of the world e.i south america, and the obvious one would be the secret governments and royalties living in underground facilities...did you know high class CIA guys are moving down south and no wonder Bush bought a large amount property in the south...If isreal attacks ww3 begins

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If Israel strikes Iran I think we can expect the whole middle east to go up in flames, with the Shia in Iraq attacking American troops. It has the potential to kick off into WW3 IMO.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I do believe that if they do have nukes already, if Israel attacks, that is when they will come to light. I do believe they already have nukes, probably purchased from Russia, and they are most likely back engineering them. This phase was probably completed long ago and now they are just in need of a buch of unranium/plutonium. Either way if it happens it will be a mess for all.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I have a feeling there will be quie a few Americans who come into this thread talking about Iran being weak and being bombed into the stone age.

I think Iran will put up a fight, i hope they do anyway.

I think it will be a mess on a far larger scale than Iraq was.

But Israel doesn't care. They will drag us all down with them.

Best case scenario: There is no war

Worst case scenario: Iran does have nukes and strikes Israel or,

The U.S. gets involved, Syria also gets involved....and if you want all hell to break lose then Russia and China too, but i am not to sure about those last two.

First was Afghanistan. Second was Iraq. Iran is the big country directly between those two. Pakistan is in the mix. Once all these countries in the mid-east are under control then Israel will have little to fear and all to profit.

The Russian President was visited by Bibi Nethanyahu prior to G-20. After G-20 we suddenly have Russia siding with the USA against Iran. Others followed. It's clear that a deal to slice up Iran's pie has been made.

So don't worry about Russia. And it would seem that China would be better off with the USA being back in the business of consuming Chinese product, so they may see that it's better for them to stand by and watch.

It does seem that Iran will be attacked regardless of what they say or do.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
But let's say Israel does attack Iran. What will happen? Let's say the US is drawn into a war with Iran. Worst case scenario? Best case scenario?

Whatever happens over the next few months with regards this whole situation could decide the overall outcome. I doubt Israel will attack Iran without the support and backup from several nations ie the US and european allies. The potential condemnation from other major nations is always something to consider.

Worst case scenario: All out war (possibly nuclear) involving many nations is a real possibility

Best case scenario: After several meetings by key world leaders everyone concerned swallows their pride and come to ther senses

I think its important to note that despite widespread condemnation, the US and allies have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan completely unchallenged

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think it's all far too complex to know for certain.

Various powers have influence in the region (publicly known or otherwise) so if America thinks they'll get more by "allowing" Iran to gain and fire a nuke, it'll happen. If Russia decides they'll gain from supporting Iran, it's a whole other issue.
If Iran is left to defend itself against Israel, it will be a long and drawn out process, with various players interrupting and making a profit from it as they can.

I think the pivotal thing right now is Russia's position.

If Russia back Iran it could definitely turn into WW3. But if they decide to stay out of it, I do believe Israel would destroy Iran, and with assistance from other nations also.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The sad thing is that Americas modern warfare if is to follow the Afghanistan and Iraq method, its geared to pound with bombs day and night the nations of interest first and then after most of the of the population is either death, demoralized on in exile they do their ground invasion.

This ensure a rapid and fast victory that read well in the main stream media, but then it turns into crap as if happening now in Afghanistan and Iraq.

We never have won neither of those nations at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The thirst for war in America is so unquenchable, that they have to make up reasons for the next one. On the TV, especially on local news, for the idiot box folks that want another war you hear "we have to bomb Iran". For the folks that don't want another war, they also say "we're just going to sanction and blockade Iran". There are no alternative view points, just "we have to get Iran" and that's all they say.

The consensus in America is that America can just bomb anyone and take over any country without consequences. That you can "just do an airstrike" on Iran and that they won't retaliate. That you can use a bunch of tactical mini-nukes and they'll crumble from within, allowing America to walk in with the regime change crew.

That's what they tell people to think on the TV here. From the tv shows to the news, they tell us that over and over and over. Every channel says the same thing. No difference in opinion. Think or say anything else and they'll be happy to give you a psych eval.

As far as what will happen in a strike on Iran, we're talking the starting of the ending.

If Israel flies over to Iran with mini-nukes, first of all Israeli AWACS planes will be useless since Iran uses both radar and infrared tracking systems. On top of that, Iran has a multitude of options for defending against an air attack. We're talking a combination of fighter planes in the sky with anti-aircraft artillery and homing missles from the ground. With the Israeli planes running out of fuel, air-to-air missles, bombs, and bullets, they'll be sitting ducks for the Iranian air force planes in the sky.

Any attempt by Israel to send in special forces teams would go up in smoke, as the Iranian navy would have Israeli submarines encircled and destroyed as they wwould go into action immediately.

The Straight Of Hormuz would be mined and oil fields would come under attack. The major US bases in the MIddle East would come under attack with pin-point accuracy. Hezbollah would get started against Israel, firing thousands of rockets at Israeli cities and towns.

The U.S. would see a new wave of terrorism. Suicide bombers, terrorists with powerful automatic weapons killing en masse, bomb attacks, you name it.

The following US invasion and air strikes on Iran would prove to be a disaster. With a war on three fronts and the momentum on the wrong side, Iranian missle strikes, anti-aircraft missles, and large motivated army combined with Shiites in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan would cause a massive draft that would free up more hunnies in the states for smart guys like me

Eventually the Middle East would invade Israel, prompting them to show us their true reason for wanting to attack Iran, as they nuke the Middle East.

In response, Al Queda will detonate their nuclear weapons in the United States. The ensuing chaos and civil war will keep the US busy until the grand finale around 2019...

Now let's wait and see if I got it right..

[edit on 27-9-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

You got that absolutely f%&$/% right. Some happened decades back already. Iraq/Iran war in the 80's was a mess for oil coming out of the gulf. Fuel prices skyrocket that time. If it happens again, now with the financial crisis and Iran selling its oil in Euro, it's goodbye US on that side.

Invading that country would be worst ever. Worse than Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan together. Just watch the countryside. Hills, mountains everywhere. Its like fighting in Afghanistan but against top equipped and fully motivated army. You nuke them, but no president likes to enter history books for that.

Best case: Like the last time (cant remember what year they bombed the first plant). Silently a couple of fighters dropped a couple of conventional bombs. Two hours before arrival, they will phone the president to tell him.

But, my opinion is different. Israel will this time make a quiet move and blow it up from the inside, i.e. sabotage.

Timing? last week of Oct. / first week of Nov.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What would a war with Iran look like?

Done properly, during daylight hours there would be a smoky pall stretching across the horizon if viewed from a distance.

During nightime hours, there would be glowing flames that stretch across the horizon.

It's quick, it's certain, and it's over.

Thirty minutes. Tops.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elmocall911
Dude did you know once in our earth history it has been documented that the earth flipped poles and the devastation was horrible..it was caused by the use of multiple nuclear weapons...the people of earth recieved alot of genetic and skin damage...its history repeating it self, all i can tell you even if there is nuclear weapons that goes off NO-ONE CAN ESCAPE THE RADIATION DAMAGE except people living in the souther part of the world e.i south america, and the obvious one would be the secret governments and royalties living in underground facilities...did you know high class CIA guys are moving down south and no wonder Bush bought a large amount property in the south...If isreal attacks ww3 begins

I'm not so sure about the poles flip being caused by nuclear weapons. I'm more inclined to think it was something to do with the geodynamo and the way that it reverses periodically as those good people Matthews and Vine shewed with the 'striping' on the sea floor along the Atlantic Ridge.

Also, some of South America is in the Northern Hemisphere so that won't do them much good, regarding your scenario.

I recommend New Zealand!

lol Dooper, 30 minutes tops eh?
What about all the Iranians abroad that didn't get caught up in the conflagration and now want revenge?

Dreams are free, I guess!

[edit on 27-9-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by White_Widow
Invading that country would be worst ever. Worse than Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan together. Just watch the countryside. Hills, mountains everywhere. Its like fighting in Afghanistan but against top equipped and fully motivated army. You nuke them, but no president likes to enter history books for that.

They'd definitely use nuclear weapons, but that's the whole idea behind going after the countries they don't like, it's the "we have nukes so what can you do to us" mentality. Unfortunately, they don't realize that once they use nuclear weapons, that it means anyone can use nukes to achieve their military goals. We're talking China getting imperialistic and nukes going off.

Originally posted by White_Widow
But, my opinion is different. Israel will this time make a quiet move and blow it up from the inside, i.e. sabotage.

Timing? last week of Oct. / first week of Nov.

I really like the timing, but the method sounds like an "optimistic American" idea.

Do you really think that Israel is capable of sabotage on Iran's heavily guarded Nuclear Power Plant? Don't you think that's kind of far fetched? They also want the enrichment plants, which are buried deep underground. Are they going to succeed in magically sabotaging those, too? If they did, I'd have to say they've got like aliens or something helping them out.

They've also practiced flying to Iran and back so many times, that it would surprise me if they tried anything else.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I believe that any attack on Iran is not based on nuclear weapons but is an attack that is iether part of a larger plan for the middle east, or is a gigantic slight of hand...ie. we worry and watch for Iran being hit,
meanwhile something else happens elsewhere.

I cant for the life of me imagine the US wanting to get involved when they are stretched to limits with Iraq, Afghanistan and the ever present fear of the American citizen waking up.

So, in reply to what a war would look like? I dont know because I have a real doubt that it will happen, well not due to the nuclear reasons being stated anyway.

As to anyone who thinks it will be a quick 30 minute affair if it happens, I would say maybe you need to apply for a senior position in the US military war planning corp, afterall, the initial WOW associated with the Iraq invasion and the Afghanistan conflict have both turned out to look more like Vietnam at its most deadly with troops from many countries being killed and maimed all these years later.

I hope and pray that Israel may still see the hypocracy of an attack on Iran before it is too late. If they dont I guess it could be the end as we know it and that is the best scenario. The worst?.... a living nightmare of sickness, starvation and death for our generations to come.

edit to add...if we believe that Bush planned the removal of his "Axis of Evil" then there is only Iran and North Korea left. Maybe all bets are off because the initial attack began when he was in power.

respects

[edit on 27-9-2009 by captiva]

new topics

top topics

join