It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save The Internet!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You probably do not not know this, but major telephone companies( AT&T, Verizon, Comcast and Time Warner Cable) want to control the internet. They want to control the speeds that certain websites load or if they load at all. Read more here. *SNIP* A new bill was passed to help us. It is called
Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2009 (H.R. 3458).
Check it out.
Save The Internet

Mod Edit: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And Obama wants a killswitch. What else is new.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is the beginning of the takeover of the internet. Sooner or later they will ban this website

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
LOL!

Look, this is one arena where the people are better informed than the scientists, experts, and politicians.

Let them try.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Actually what I find strange is that congress wants to pass a bill to "save" the internet. Aren't they suppose to be the ones who wanted to limit/abolish our freedom of speech online?

As far as I heard from many conspiracy theories in ATS, the government wanted to take over the internet and limit it. However now congress itself, the "enemy" as it is often viewed, is passing a bill on OUR (the people) favor.

Sounds fishy doesn't it? maybe there is some hidden agenda to keep the internet available?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The government wouldnt want to limit the internet. They can spread lies around the internet faster then any other way. If they have total control, people will stop losing it. The government prbably gets a lot of money from the internet from tax. For now, they want to help us. Maybe give people the feeling that the government has actually been trying to help us the whole time.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Probably they wanted to brainwash those who doesn't have a TV

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
Actually what I find strange is that congress wants to pass a bill to "save" the internet. Aren't they suppose to be the ones who wanted to limit/abolish our freedom of speech online?

So the comment did have an affect after all, look at the way you are thinking. Now they are trying to help us. And just when you least expect it, ------------------------

It goes offline during a major terrorist attack preventing people from communicating the knowledge of government involvement and spreading awareness.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

If the Government controls the kill switch when it comes to the internet and

what the Weople say would it then become Govnet. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
And i dont believe they will ever have the power to take over the internet as no one really owns it, but they can get to the cable and phone companies, stop server service and internet service. That i can see happening.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I agree. The internet is way to vast to control unless they can established a one world government. In this system The government can watch over everybody

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here's a secret. Given our technology and knowledge today. If the people were so inclined, we could build our own. It would start with a single closed network and expand the same way the original Internet did. Won't be as fast to begin with, but it's not as complicated as one would think.

But in the end, why bother? The internet is a free medium to exchange information. There will always be new technology on the net. We'll simply use it to remain free.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by newworld

sooo...
i agree with you.
very strange, indeed.

and i DON'T believe, like some people seem to, that the internet is too 'vast' to control...
with or without a one world gov't. i DO believe that the internet can be controlled...especially when its corporations who want to make it happen.

however, call me a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but, why would any part of the government want to help 'the people' in this way?
i don't buy it, unless they would get something (disinfo??) out of it...though i don't know if i believe that spreading disinfo and fear is a big enough reason for congress to want to save the internet.

so whats going on??????

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

The way I figure it the government simpld doesn't want anyone else to compete with. They really don't know or care what the phone companies are up to, they just don't want anyone elses agenda to get in the way of their own.

top topics

join