It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No word, 2 letters and a character: D&D

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I used to play lots, first Basic (anyone remember Basic D&D??), then AD&D 1st Edition, then finally 2nd before life got too busy, folks moved away, etc.

Mostly I was a DM and I absolutely loved it. Writing epic modules/adventures is like writing a novel, but even better because you get to live it out...sort of. Watching the reactions of the players, seeing how they will deal with problems and situations, and bringing them enjoyment (read: toying with their emotions, MUAHAHA
) through the story that you've created is THE coolest. I guess if I was in the movies, I'd want to be a director rather than an actor.

Also played a bit of Traveller, Star Wars and Shadowrun. Just before I stopped playing, I was starting to get into Rifts. Anybody else play that? I thought it was an awesome setting with some cool classes too. And the artwork was truly inspiring.

Originally posted by QueenBeruthiel...one DM moved out of state, and the other got disgusted by all the joking going on in our group and shut us down.:shk:

Yeah, we had that as well. The older we got, the harder it became to take things seriously. I remember us nearly pissing ourselves with laughter, tears streaming down our cheeks making dumbass jokes about knights soiling their armour, Monty Python and The Holy Grail lines, and other silliness (very mature, yes I know :shk: ) But hey, it was fun. I miss those days.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Used to play but ran out of people to play with. We only had four tops at any time. Our DM would aso have to play a character. God I miss playing. Had some great characters.

My all time favorite was a Half-Orc Cleric. Dumber than dirt, with a 25% chance of spell failure, but damn he was fun. He used to walk around with the Gnome that was in our party riding on his shoulders, usually making hats out of tree leaves.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I've been playing D&D for a long time (played all version now at 3.5)

i mostly DM in the planescape setting, the best fantasy setting ever imho!

Since 2 people in our group are caught up in an ego fight, our roleplaygroup is supsended till they settle their differences(yeah i know..pretty childish), to bad cause i'm starting to miss my alter ego Dexteria Elvandar, which is a female 14th level Elven Rogue - 6th level Spellthief (prestige class :i steal memorised spells out of caster's heads and cast them onto them if they aren't carefull..hehe)also: Phear my sneak attacks !

new topics

<< 1   >>

join