It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we (U.S. & allies) in Afghanistan? Do you really know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I see what you're getting at, but it's not the case.

Poppies are symbolic of the blood shed by our fallen in battle.

From WW1 (the war to end all wars..ahem), originally, but now for all fallen soldiers, from all wars.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I listened to an interview with Jim Marrs a while back, and he goes deep into the wars ie ww1 ww2 and afghanistan, he says that the war is also to do with finding solomons treasure, as they think it is buried underground around there, i cant remember the greataest detail of the interview but it was certainly worth a listen. Also the possibilty of a stargate!

Here is the link to the Jim Marrs interview www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It seems so many are posting with facts about the Taliban , Al-Qaeda, Russia and so on, but lets not forget one major factor. MOST of these facts have derived from none other than our old friends the corrupt and misleading properganda machine called the MSM - nuf said..
What I`m suggesting is the New World Order is actually still the Old World Order, complete with all manner of greed and sadism. TPTB who made desisions on which countries to invade for personal gain has not changed much.
In fact I`ll give a radical suggestion that Russia and the USA and Britain have played the game together and not on opposite sides as in the fabricated Cold War.
What makes this plauseable to me is ... Afghanistan.
First the Russians and then the almighty USA forces along side the British and other Allies cannot take out a hotch potch bunch of mountain dwellers.
It`s obvious there is a war game being played out, funding and supplying and strategically depolying both sides in a game of kill or be killed.
All over the news at the moment is how the military top brass are predicting it will take another 30 years of action (read, occupation) to stabilize the region.
Yes men and women steadfast in the belief that they are doing their duty, giving their lives for a bunch of despicable tyrants.

One interesting `fact` I came across,
Before Britain had openly commited to the 1st world war, their first move was to occupy none other than Basra in Iraq, to secure the oil needed for the war. Nothing changes huh ?

www.bbc.co.uk...
November 23 1914
The British enter Basra, securing oil supplies in the Middle East needed to supply most of the Royal Navy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join