It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of today, I am no longer a Freshman...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Today marks the one year anniversary of my joining ATS. I joined the first day I discovered it, as I was absolutely enthralled with the diversity of subject matter and the intelligence of a vast majority of the membership. After the election, I did take several months were I only lurked, or did not view ATS altogether until making it a part of my daily life again in June. During the past year, I have gotten to know many intelligent and beautiful people, as well as debate several sharp individuals who's views were counter to my own. Both have helped me to grow.

So, I would like to thank a few individual members: AshleyD (in both her pre-Mod and post-Mod incarnations) for her level headedness and for her kindness. Schrodingers dog for setting such a high benchmark for the rest of us to aspire to. Zazzafrazz for just being Zazzy! mikerussellus for keeping me on my toes. tothetenthpower for being my wingman on more than a few occasions. weedwhacker for a most singular view of the world (almost always commical). To my fellow members of A.S.S. (American Sarcasm Society), for that fantastic wit that you add to this site. To all of the Site Owners, Admin, and Moderators for providing and maintaining such a unique internet experience. To jsobecky for inspiring the 5 millionth post on ATS. To all of my BTS friends on mutter, Floofy, Cuddlefish, J-puff, Tulip, pooter and all the rest, as well of those who frequent chat for providing some sanity when the lunacy on the forums gets to be too much. And to so many more, but there just isn't the time to list everyone...

It's been an interesting year, from Blossum Goodchild and the Galactic Federation of Light, to a historic election here in the US. The endless string of impending false flag events (that never seem to pass), as well as the ever impending Rapture. Some things here have inspired me to keep a pound of salt on my computer desk. Some things are best taken with not just a pinch of salt, but a whole pound of it. It constantly reminds me of this.

So, as I embark on my second year, my sophmore year, I am thankful for all of the insight and thought provoking information I have been exposed to here, but also look forward to many, many years to come...

Live Long and Prosper,
JaxonRoberts

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well congradulations on your first ATS Bday Jaxon

I have yet to reach that benchmark, but I must applaud you for your thanking of the community and sharing some of your experiences.

I think it is good for new members to have something like this to read to show them what kind of friendships a community such as this can bring.

As well as the vast library of information and perspectives that makes ATS the great place it is.

Here's to many more

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It is lovely being your friend! Happy one year! And hope you enjoy the upcoming years!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Congratulations, Jaxon!

Live long on ATS and prosper.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Disclaimer: Redacted to elsewhere out of total respect for this member!

Explanation:
and salutations. Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: JR's post sez it all! Seriously Everybody...Bump this thread!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well all I can say is ....[wipes away A gleeful tear)

HAPPY bATSday !!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4062f3d28a60.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d60ba7d8d346.gif[/atsimg]

...AND NOW FOR THE GIFT !!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af15a103adb4.jpg[/atsimg]

... and heres a star for the best birthday speech ever.
Congratulations, I hope you have many more years of enjoyment here at ATS
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/021fea4e3e73.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

An honor to placed in such noble company. Happy birthday, and congrats to another year on ATS. Looking forward to it.

-cheers-

Mike

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh Jax....No im really going to try turn you!!!!!!

Happy anniversary, you're not only a ball of fun, your insightful, intelligent and a great member of ATS.

Pish Tosh let us stop the natter and commence celebrations, zazz loads the deck with 80s music...posting with you JAX....I just cant get enough.............

[edit on 13-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cb6c0f5b260.jpg[/atsimg]

Congratulations.

Novel concept celebrating your one year anniversary on ATS.

Maybe ATS could take that up for now on?

It sure would make all members feel more welcome.

I know my first year was pretty rough, let's hope yours was better, and so the next year.

Hell, I did not even know there was a Freshman's Forum, until my third year.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Its wonderful to have you around, JR.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey you forgot me! *pouts*
Congratulations, and what a nice thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Congratulations on the first year here. I hope to see you around for many more.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Happy ATS birthday Jaxon. I have been reading alot of your posts lately. You are definetely one of my favorites and I look forward to many more words of wisdom.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

Happy ATS birthday Jaxon. I have been reading alot of your posts lately. You are definetely one of my favorites and I look forward to many more words of wisdom.

Ahh, shucks! *blushes*

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

A most illogical thread!

But, enlightening nonetheless. Always fun to see into the inner workings of the Human mind...your species has always fascinated me.

NOW, as a 'sophomore', it is my understanding that you must continue in the ritualistic "pledge" of some sort, to become fully integrated.

I hear that some sort of "hazing" is involved....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One year huh....

Get out now! There is still time! Don't let happen to you what has happened to me. ATS makes heroin look like sody pop.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
One year huh....

Get out now! There is still time! Don't let happen to you what has happened to me. ATS makes heroin look like sody pop.

hahaha..too true.

Congrats Jax..mutter ya later.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
OH...almost forgot your gift, JR ---

(You may share with others...)

Couldn't resist, here's a bonus round.

And, finally found the one I was looking for. Number 21 is my all-time favorite:

[edit on 14 September 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If I recall, my 1st bATSday was the first day I ever had a post removed due to off topicness/manners! Bummer of a birthday

new topics

top topics

join