It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Al Gore get a Nobel Prize?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think it had something to do with weather or the future or something. My neighbor at "the park" (trailer park) has been working on a magnetic zero point energy system for years.

He recently wrecked his car and called me for a few bucks. Doesn't he deserve consideration by the Nobel Committee?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
"for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change" he split it with the IPCC (international panel on climate change)

So if your neighbor had made a movie about it maybe he could be considered?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Are you crazy!!

You have to ask why he won the Nobel Prize??

Economics!!!!

He went from less than 2 million in net worth to over 100 million just by TALKING! And he will be worth BILLIONS if the "Cap & Scam" legislation passes since he is involved with the carbon credits scam.

So what has Al Gore gained from his Big Green escapades?

According to public disclosure information, Gore was worth somewhere between $1 million and $2 million in 2000. Not quite eight years later, Gore is estimated to be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million. While I ordinarily would applaud such financial gains from such a short period of time, I can’t help but to question just how it happened. When you look out at what Al Gore has done, it’s evident that he figured out on a way to capitalize on the creation of Big Green while becoming the official doomsday prophet that has helped to build Big Green into the monetary powerhouse that it has become.

In any other industry this would be considered a severe conflict of interest. In essence, Al Gore has helped to create a fictitious catastrophe, then told everybody what the solutions have to be, and then put himself in a position to capitalize on the hype. It’s not only seriously dishonest, but many people and industries are going to suffer in the wake of this hype while Gore and Big Green bring in millions (and in some cases, billions) of dollars in green money.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

www.generationim.com...

[edit on 12-9-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Being famous is a requirement that's why, your friend, may be a genious, but if he isn't a rich person or a famous scientist or a famous person, he's not getting the nobel prize. anyway the Nobel prize is a sham anyway imo.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Here’s why he won the prize. This is another “False flag” event. By the “powers” that are trying to control the monetary system of the world. Some are Illuminati and others just not seeing the bigger picture and they think they “part of something”

They take someone people know. Yours Truly Al Gore, they target the “green” topic because that’s where they going to generate the money they looking for from. They had conventions before and after his movie, he did road trips all to ensure the word got out that WE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ARE DAMAGING THE ENVIROMENT.

Then the throw in the Noble Prize to make the event even bigger and ensure everyone is paying attention to what’s going on.

But here's whats going on,they slowly introducing a thing called CARBON TAX. Well what that means is that they going to apply a tax to manufacturing Companies all around the world to all types of products like tire and plastic manufactures, steel processing companies, the list goes on. Almost everything we make. These are the companies that are making products that all contribute to damaging the enviroment.

This TAX will first most likely be collected in Europe and USA but of course will spread out to other countries that want to sell and have trade with us. This Carbon Tax will be collected and paid over to the “world Bank”

So once every country starts collecting the money, it does not go to local Gov.(Maybe a little) but its earmarked to go to these Behind the scenes People who are tying to take over everything. They’ll be operating under cover of a so called “world bank”. It will all look official but will be controlled by no more than a few people.

Now your one world Government is starting to form. How can you have a WORLD GOVERNMENT if you don’t have money. If you try take a little TAX money from each country its not really going to work. Almost all countries are broke and have little or no money to give away to anyone. So tax a small percentage of every business in each country on the product they make or handle and you got Trillions.

Now for those countries that do not want to go along with the plan. A simple trade embargo against them-Like sanctions. Should do the trick. Besides its not the Government they asking the money from. They will be dictated what to charge and all they have to do is collect it from the businesses.

Its all about POWER AND CONTROL. Control the money and you have the power.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Gobal Warming is Al Gore's get rich quick scam. It appears to be working. I think the award was a professional courtesy between blow hards.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Magnetic zero point energy doesn't violate common fundamental principles of science, any more than nuclear energy does. Eventually the magnetic sources are depleted.

So to say that this is "zero point" is not true.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

What you haven't heard? Everybody knows he invented the internet.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
he won the nobel peace prize for god knows why...

to my knowing he hasnt done anything for peace , he was more a fear monger and a waste of peoples brain space

Hey god if you read this please answer cause most on this palnet is still in the dark as to why that man was even awarded the price.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
in a word the only reason since global warming hasn't been proven to be
mans fault.

connections.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Because he made a movie.

A movie that will lead to decades of the entire world paying a made up tax.

I'll bet that prize isn't the only thing he got either.

Oh yeah, isn't he a partner in the firm that's going to do the actual carbon trading which will reap billions of profits?

Oh yeah, maybe that's why.

Best viral ad campaign EVER!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
God dammit

Do a little research

Al Gore wasn't the SINGLE person to share in that award. Many scientists from diverse fields share that Nobel Prize. One of those scientists is a climatologist out of the University of Montana, where I'm currently studying. His name is Dr. Steven Running. He's not famous, nor scheming against the American people. He's a scientist.

Climate change is happening. Humans have had an impact. The majority of the scientific community is in agreement about this. These are facts.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScribe

That doesn't change the fact that Al Gore has found a way to make money on it. I could see him winning the Nobel Prize for Entrepreneurship, but to give him the PEACE prize is beyond ludicrous. Being the global warming chicken little has not given the world peace, it has divided it. I would have a lot less of a problem with it if Al Gore was not making money hand over fist on it. He is not GANDHI, or MOTHER TERESA.

I would be willing to bet money that Al Gore will never reduce his own carbon footprint, but will want everyone else to do it.

[edit on 9-13-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Has anyone here at ATS actually done a Google Search on Nobel.

Anyone? or do you think they give these Million Dollar prizes for #s and giggles?

The Nobel prize is for the most liberal freaks they can find. Carter won one.
Hell, if we dig enough, I bet you Hitler won one. I do know that Hitler one a Time Magazine man of the year award.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Here's how:
Someone came up with this "hockey stick" graph that showed CO2 emissions rising rapidly over the last few hundred years:

Oddly, they didn't include the "hockey stick" growth in human population over the same period:

And Mr. Gore (rather profound name, no?) and his cronies made it seem like it was the industrial revolution and burning fossil fuels and such that caused CO2 to rise. May it have been simple "more people" exhaling? Nah, too simple.

...But that's not all.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by abecedarian]

[edit on 9/13/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Gobal Warming is Al Gore's get rich quick scam. It appears to be working. I think the award was a professional courtesy between blow hards.

Yep, part of his campaign to get even richer...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Al Gore HAD TO WIN the Nobel Prize so he could take the $65,000 cash to buy GAS for his caravan of mobile homes on the Inconvenient Truth Tour

— Doc Velocity.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The Nobel Peace Prize is a tool for TPTB. Many of the committee's members are also Bilderbergers.

There are many truly worthy "winners" among the prize laureates, however their purpose -or the reason for why they won the award, is to give credit to the rest of the criminal bunch that gets the prize, as if they also have true integrity and character that befits a worthy Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.

new topics

top topics

join