It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Scouts in Bed with DHS...Cookie Sales Plummet...Wal-Mart to the Rescue...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This one is definitely a Skunk, but its also kind of the way my mind works (on ocassion).

Ok we have DHS enlisting the assistance of the Girl Scouts of America for a nice new patch they can proudly display on their Sash. Now I think its fair to say that there is a pretty decent "beef" against DHS and some of its practices like say referring to returning Iraq Vets as potential terrorists. So without too much imagination I can surmise that this may have a potential negative affect on the future sales of those "yummy" thin mints. I can even imagine a full out boycott against GSA due to their new affiliation. So how ever will we get our hands on those "delicious" penut butter Do-Si-Dos - a particular favorite of mine.

www.dhs.gov...

Fear not, Our good friends at Wal-Mart are way ahead of this whole potential debacle. Yes Wal-Mart has from best as I can tell been selling a Thin-Mint knock-off since about August. Details are sketchy on whether they have any plans to broaden their horizons to say "Tag-A-Longs", but hey this is Wal-Mart were talking about here.

authenticorganizations.com...

So my friends is it possible that Wal-Mart being extremely business savvy got word of the coming GSA/DHS merger and capatalized on the potential revolt/boycott of GSA.

What say ye?

[edit on 12-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
No, I think Walmart would undercut their mother if they were selling a cheaper product. Walmart's whole creed is to try to crush the competition by any means possible. I think Walmart has probably been planning their war on Girl Scout cookies for quite some time now.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

This was of course just meant for funnin around but I think its fair to say that Wal-Mart could reap a potetial increase in sales of cookie knockoffs if GSA gets boycotted - which is not farfetched.

IMHO

[edit on 12-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Man, I love you guys. That was perfect. Would you consent for running for the Senate from your state in 2010 if your state has a position open? You guys would have the Dems & Reps cowering. We need smart kick ass thinking people in the Senate. What we have now makes my por brain hurt.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think WalMart just knows people like girl scout cookies.
I'd never buy the WalMart knockoffs, though, as they are probably made in China and contain lead or melamine.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think Walmart has figured out how to get part of the profit from those little girls wearing green outfits infront of there stores. They proply threarened to ban them for loitering if they didn't get there cut. Net will be Santa and the Salvation Army Donation jars with the bulls eye on 'em.

new topics

top topics

join