It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
You are out of line, I said I am not a racist.

your previous words indicate otherwise

Me pointing out that Darwin is a racist some how makes me racist?

No it doesn't, for sure he said racist things, same way as Che Guevara said racist things, none of that takes away from the impact and foresight of his work

Speaking out against racism doesn't make someone racist.

no, but saying racist things does

There is racism in conspiracy and I am allowed to talk about it, however I haven't directly insulated anyone on the forums because it's not allowed.

Your previous comments were heavily anti white

Please watch the tone because I love white people, I'm not even racist lol as I said my best friends are white, however if I feel the need to point out Darwins dirty covered up racist past then I will.

If that is all you had done fair enogh, but you didn't, you said "whites started racism" which is childish and racist

Could you imagine if Darwin was black? and said whites are Apes and should be wiped out in the near future?
How quick would everyone on the planet discredit his work?
His book wouldn't even make it to the shelf.
[edit on 6-10-2009 by buds84]

Because one is racist does not discredit other aspects of one's work- a black person could invent a cure for cancer and think all white people are the devils, I'd still use the cure if I had to

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
No it doesn't, for sure he said racist things, same way as Che Guevara said racist things, none of that takes away from the impact and foresight of his work

Who's talking about Che Guevara?

Your previous comments were heavily anti white

Where? You're mad because I'm pointing out Darwin is racist so you reduce yourself to calling me anti-white.

If that is all you had done fair enogh, but you didn't, you said "whites started racism" which is childish and racist

If you read what I was saying to someone else, he stated slavery happens all over the world, I agreed and informed him that it was white people who came to India and STARTED the oppression on blacks in that area for Indians to pick it up.
I never wrote that white people started racism, you're just putting words in my mouth because you can't defend yourself properly seeing as white people are responsible for pretty much most racism anyways. Truth hurts? Too bad.

Because one is racist does not discredit other aspects of one's work- a black person could invent a cure for cancer and think all white people are the devils, I'd still use the cure if I had to

Except this is not cancer, this is Human evolution they are teaching our kids based on racist agenda like Negros are apes.
A more comparable argument would be like curing Cancer by injecting the Flesh Eating Virus in to you're system.

Except there are cures for cancer and guess who doesn't want you to have it?
The same confirmed racists like Rockefeller who do all the funding for Cancer societies, the same line racists that promoted Darwin's work in to the in to the school systems and if a teacher dare say one thing against Darwinism they are immediately fired and discredited like they documented in the movie www.expelledthemovie.com...

They even wrote a whole book dedicated to Darwins racist agenda.
www.virtualbookworm.com...
www.darwinsracists.com...

Darwin's theories are just that, "theories", he just sat down and made this stuff up with out any scientific research.
What you are doing is shrugging off not only the fact that he is a racist but he paved a nice big road for racism on thoughts he dreamed up one day by teaching schools his nonsense. Rockefeller payed for production of his books and to put his books in the school system so they can teach kids this stuff.

And here you are defending and supporting a racist this guy like he's some kind of god.
No wonder America is so racist.

Let's see you come up with some kind of valid scientific evidence that Dawrins work is valid and true with that whole "Negrors are a type of Ape" in there. Hitler loved Darwins books, guess why?
That theory alone pretty much invalidates all his ridiculous theories unless you can prove otherwise which by now your best defense is calling me anti-white bearly able to hold up an intelligent debate based the subject.

Unless you are brain dead it should ring at least some alarms that this guy was so liked by Rockefeller.
But I guess you should defend Dawrin even though, you probably never even read his books.

I'll be waiting for another name calling from you with more of nothing to back it up.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by buds84]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Except this is not cancer, this is Human evolution they are teaching our kids based on racist agenda like Negros are apes.

Let's see you come up with some kind of valid scientific evidence that Dawrins work is valid and true with that whole "Negrors are a type of Ape" in there. Hitler loved Darwins books, guess why?
That theory alone pretty much invalidates all his ridiculous theories unless you can prove otherwise which by now your best defense is calling me anti-white bearly able to hold up an intelligent debate based the subject.

You think that because Drawin could be racist, it somehow invalidates modern theory of evolution? Only thing that matters for a theory is if it is true or false, not if it is moraly bad or racist.

And for the record, modern theory of evolution is NOT racist, and doesnt state that "Negros are apes". Intellectual differences between races are absolutely minimal.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by buds84

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by Lister87
Also in mention of the 'racist white man'. Now, are you just ignoring the fact that slave trading of 'negros' in the Arabic world was bigger than that of the Americas? Actually the worst of them all? There was even slave trade in the Africas itself, between the various areas, millions upon millions of 'negros' were wrongfully slave traded between many countries, from asian, arabic, african, british, european and the americas.

It's not just 'the big bad racist white man', of course they were part of it, but not the ONLY part of it as you potray. The whole world was racist at one point, towards eachother.

Very well said.

Buds84 - Can you explain to me why you find the above post so 'racist'?

Can you also explain to me why you've tried to disrail this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

You might want to read this article, as it may correct some of your misconceptions about Darwin being a racist.

The Mis-portrayal of Darwin as a Racist

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by buds84

You might want to read this article, as it may correct some of your misconceptions about Darwin being a racist.

I read that article long time ago and all it does is prove further that Dawrin was racist.
I should be asking you if YOU read it.

You might want to read this BOOK, as it may correct some of your misconceptions about Darwin not being racist.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by buds84]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
You think that because Drawin could be racist, it somehow invalidates modern theory of evolution? Only thing that matters for a theory is if it is true or false, not if it is moraly bad or racist.

And for the record, modern theory of evolution is NOT racist, and doesnt state that "Negros are apes". Intellectual differences between races are absolutely minimal.

So what kind of argument is this?
so is it true or is it false?
It can't be both and how can you call Dawrins theory "Modern" if it claims Negroes are apes that will be soon wiped out?

I can already see you haven't even read his books because you haven't exaclty pointed out any valid theories he has put forth on evolution.
There really is none. He has primitive thinking and just made this stuff up from speculation.

Dawrin never knew about the cell, that alone should throw his book in the trash because none of his theories could really go hand in hand with cell's at all.
Care to prove other wise?

There still isn't proof that man evolved from monkeys.
He pretty much looked at monkeys and then looked at Negroes and then made up the idea which people seem to think is some great discovery to thank him for?
Making unscientific claims with no real evidence or proof is what Darwin is all about.
Wow talk about being over hyped up.
Yeah guys lets trust Darwins racist primitive claims funded by Rockerfella.
That should end up well.
We can thank Dawrin for Eugenics and Planned Parenthood which kills more blacks than anything in the world, more than Aid's and tobacco.
It's called black genocide.

I haven't seen anyone here put forth any of Darwins theories and prove them to be to more than just brain farts from Dawrin.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I was replying to this nonsense. Kids in school DO NOT learn about Darwins theory, they learn about modern evolutionary theory, which is NOT racist and is a little different than Darwins theory was.

Darwin is not god, modern theory of evolution is not only his idea. There were countless other scientists working on it. And I will repeat it again, it is not racist.

I haven't seen anyone here put forth any of Darwins theories and prove them to be to more than just brain farts from Dawrin.

Big part of Darwins ideas is true. But some of them could be just brain farts, like that "negros are from apes" thing (I dont know if he really said that). These things are not teached.

This thread is about Darwin, not about modern theory of evolution. But if you want to, start refuting this:

www.gate.net...

www.talkorigins.com

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Maslo]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by buds84

I read that article long time ago and all it does is prove further that Dawrin was racist.
I should be asking you if YOU read it.

You might want to read this BOOK, as it may correct some of your misconceptions about Darwin not being racist.

I went to that link and unlike the link I provided which you can read free of charge, the link you provided requires me to purchase a book to see your supporting arguments??? That may not be strictly a T&C violation (unless you are linking to that book to promote it, and you are somehow affiliated with the author, publisher, or otherwise derive profits from the sale of that book, do you?), but if your position is so strong I would think you could find a source online that doesn't require someone to buy a book.

I did find a sample of the book there and it starts out with the agenda, that evolution is an unproven hypothesis looking for evidence.

Then it goes on to show complete ignorance of the 2nd law of thermodynamics which has a defined scope and attempts to apply that law inappropriately to a much broader scope. Given those inaccuracies I saw before I even started reading anything about Darwin's alleged racism, it is apparent that someone would have to be at least ignorant about thermodynamics to read that summary and still buy this book. I'm not ignorant about thermodynamics like the book author is.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

So what kind of argument is this?
so is it true or is it false?
It can't be both and how can you call Dawrins theory "Modern" if it claims Negroes are apes that will be soon wiped out?

Darwin doesn't equal modern evolutionary science.

It is like saying modern day physics is based on an apple falling from a tree.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have taken roughly 1.5 hours out of my day to read every single page of this thread. Throughout the entire thread, people have joined and left. Its usually 1 persons perspective versus another person's perspective. You are all racist. I have yet to see proof of a single person that is not racist whatsoever. I am white. I went to school in a DOMINANTLY black area. (East St. Louis).I was maybe one of three white kids in the whole school.
From what i have seen there, and since then, is that everyone is racist. White, black, it doesn't matter. everyone is racist against those different from themselves. its just natural. Most of the kids there didn't like me, and the ones that did like me, weren't allowed to have me over to their house.

Why you ask?

Because i was white, and they would not have a white person eating at their table.

All of this benefited me greatly in my opinion as I now have the ability to honestly not care.

IN MY OPINION - there is no god, and darwin was full of bull.
The earth was all good til thousands of years ago when some ET's came to earth and mated with primitive man.

There is no point in arguing, or even discussing it for that matter. Nothing has been accomplished on that point in thousands of years, so why continue to bother and take up thread space on this amazing site?

All im saying..... no one can win

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunderabove
All of this benefited me greatly in my opinion as I now have the ability to honestly not care.
(snip)
There is no point in arguing, or even discussing it for that matter.

All im saying..... no one can win

Just as you have the right to not care about others opinions, 99.85% of biologists and geologists have the right to not care about yours or mine.

The argument has already been won among highly educated experts in this field:
www.gate.net...

According to Newsweek in 1987, "By one count there are some 700 scientists with respectable academic credentials (out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) who give credence to creation-science..."

700 U.S. earth or life scientists who accept creationism / 480,000 U.S. earth or life scientists X 100%
= 0.15% of U.S. earth or life scientists that accept creationism.

I think this is a good statistic to give some kind of an indication of just how far out of the mainstream creationists are. It's a good rebuttal to the lists of Creation Scientists that are trotted out from time to time by creationists to give the impression that there is something other than a miniscule fraction of scientists that share their beliefs.

If creationists expect any kind of increased acceptance of their beliefs in the scientific community, they had better start publishing data to support it in the peer reviewed scientifc journals where it can be evaluated and discussed by the scientific community.

Or, they could just present their ideas to the (mostly) science illiterate public and give up on trying to convince the scientific community. A little thought on this topic makes it easy to see why creationists have chosen this route (along with the fact that the scientific community DID evaluate the beliefs of creationism about 100 years ago (and farther back) and a great majority (apparently 99.85% of biologists and geologists at the current time) found that creationism was NOT supported by the evidence).

The argument is still going on only in the arena of the science-illiterate public. 99.85% is a pretty convincing majority of the educated people that know better.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Call me whatever u want i dont believe in evolution.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No belief is required, simple reading skills will suffice. Evolution is a fact, we are primates and all life on earth adheres to evolution. It doesn't matter if you don't believe, it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No belief is required, simple reading skills will suffice. Evolution is a fact, we are primates and all life on earth adheres to evolution. It doesn't matter if you don't believe, it is what it is.

I get the feeling Edward Current agrees with you, even though he says the opposite in this video:

People Are Not Animals! (and evolution never happened)

The deluded, ignorant followers of Darwin believe that man is actually a type of animal. I disprove this godless blasphemy with totally real facts.

The funny thing is, he gets comments on that youtube video from people who think he's serious!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
A question to creationists: what is the 'process' of creation?

What were the steps taken for your god to have created everything in an instant?

Note: please don't beat around the bush; just give a straight answer.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Evolution is the biggest conspiracy/scam ever perpetrated on the public.
It's impossible for even one branch of evolution, let alone the thousands of parallel evolutions that would have had to take place for us to have the thousands of so called evolved species.

Remember, It's government funded scientists that are the evolutionists. They believe in evolution because that's where the money is, and they don't have to accept accountability to a creator for their actions and deeds.

Also remember, it's the government funded scientists that revived or cloned the Spanish flu. Just another retarded move by morons that won't accept the obvious I.D. from a creator.

However, I would like the video to be shown here in North America so creation scientists can debunk it.

[edit on 12/9/09 by John Matrix]

Creation scientist...? Is that anything like a Cat-Dog?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Holy marshmallow necromancy, batman!
Er... I'm confused.
Not as confused as some of the contributors to this thread, however!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders

As for this quote, I'm just astonished, who ever wrote this is insane. Does science mean nothing to these Christian nutjobs?

www.telegraph .co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Er.... I just want to point out that I am one of many millions of Christians who don't have any issue with science and/or evolution! Most of we Christians also accept evolution without any problem.
Creationists are a minority outside the USA, a tiny tiny subset of Christians and Muslims, especially here in New Zealand.
No probs with Darwin here!

Vicky

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Are you serious. Evolution is a theory not a fact. It is the leading theory but it is nothing more. A little reseach and you will find the one thing holding evolution from being fact is this: at no point can anyone find an example of an increase in genetic material. No example can be found in nature or in a lab. It is the Holy Grail of evolution.

I do not think anyone doubts Darwin's natural selection. You can take a brown bear and isolate a large goup in an increasingly cold environment and after thousands of years it will start to resemble a polar bear but its genetic material did not increase. The bear will mutate and change, perhaps getting shorter and thicker. It's fur may become white over generations. However, it is still just a bear.

Until an example is found that scientist can point and say with certainty that that a species mutated, increase its DNA and became something else then evolution will remain just a theory. And we all know the diffinition of "theory".

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44 >>

join