It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if The Universe expanded so rapidly, it ceased to exist instantly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork
I would disagree. I don't feel I have any problem with infinity.

As I said earlier...

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The human brain doesn't like being told it can't comprehend something. It hates that, it wants to refute that.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The human brain doesn't like being told it can't comprehend something. It hates that, it wants to refute that.

You do not have the awareness of yours, nor any other brain, to state that irrefutably.

There isn't a human in existence that can say for certainty anything that the brain "hates". If you think you can, you're only fooling yourself.

Did a human brain tell you that? Did a human brain somehow dis-associate itself from a sentient human and express that thought to you? Or did your faulty brain think that up.....first filtered through your opinions and world view? Do you realize your comment can be turned right back at you since I dared to refute your comments?

Don't take the "faulty brain" comment as placing you in the cross-hairs. Mine is just as faulty......so I am careful to express my thoughts with the realization that I'm not really positive what the ol' gray matter is conjuring.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by cranberrydork]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There isn't a human in existence that can say for certainty anything that the brain "hates". If you think you can, you're only fooling yourself.

I've been consistently right so far.

Did a human brain tell you that? Did a human brain somehow dis-associate itself from a sentient human and express that thought to you?

Well, although that is exactly what happens every hour of every day all across the Internet, no, nobody "told me" how to think.

My knowledge is just greater than yours. Someday you might understand; but, as the Hindis say, You can't force a snake to shed its skin.

Good luck with your emotional turmoil.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

My knowledge is just greater than yours.

Ah....and there we get to the crux of the conflict. Your brain hates encountering incomprehensible ideas.

Your assertion that your "knowledge is greater than mine", screams to be plundered and laid bare. Please, why don't you get comfortable on the couch and we'll talk about this delusion....won't you? I've come up against attitudes like yours many times.....in every case, what is revealed is not so much "more knowledge", but a xenophobia expressed as an avoidance of self introspection and revelation.

You are wrong in this case. Hugely wrong. But, I don't think any less of you. Greater minds than yours or mine have laid claim to being brighter and more insightful....many of them rightfully so. But the first step to getting there is recognizing your own limitations......which you have apparently not done yet.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by cranberrydork]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You're right, perhaps I need to lay myself bare and deal with that omniscient, disembodied brain that broke into my home a few nights ago, attempting to usurp my own puny human faculties ...

We all have our own ways of dealing with superior intelligence, I suppose. Mine happens to be with a fire axe.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

A fire axe is okay I suppose. The bludgeon is more my weapon of choice. Tends to disorient the bludgeoned.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join