It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Digital_Reality

That is exactly what will happen. The low-level employees will be tossed overboard and the Justice Department will turn a blind eye and will decline to investigate.

Good call.
Obama has ACORNS back.
They can get away with anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

If you read the entire thread, you would have discovered that it has been covered already, but thanks for the rehash

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The bad thing is the tapes will not make it to a court of law its illeagel to video someone with out them knowing in marry land so they might just get thrown out

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Oh, Sorry about that Jak...I didn't read the whole thread. Just the post where you erroneously said they would run the census and the post a few above mine that was gatehring stars....

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
If you think this is something now, just wait until a few weeks after the door-to-door census work by the ACORN "volunteers" is completed and the reports of home invasions/burglaries skyrocket.

I didn't see anywhere where you clarified that ACORN are one among 30,000-100,000 different organizations that have signed up?

So I hope I was at least able to add some clarity there.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Read it again....

Aren't these people going to be running the census next year?

Looks like a question to me...

One that was answered, but not in a way that reassures me with the organization having ANY hand in the census, hired or not.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
ACORN is mostly a harmless bunch of idiots. They couldn't run a race much less a census.

I worked closely with them on some civil rights issues in NOLA and every case was dismissed without cause.

They consist mostly of overly enthusiastic volunteers such as civic-minded young people and wannabe civil rights leaders. They mean well but they are sorely misguided.

Tax fraud is harmless? No wonder the bottom 50% pay no taxes. This is clearly a widespread issue. I can't imagine they just happened to get caught, and this was the only time something like this has happened. It probably happens at every ACORN office throughout the US.
I imagine when the next census is conducted, Chicago will 25 million 'citizens.'

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That's closer to the truth than I would like to admit. But, admit it I will. It seems nothing is too far out there for a certain segment of our populace. Obviously, it's not a problem for the Acorn worker that was trying to help the "prostitute" and her "pimp".

If this gets swept under the rug, things are even worse than I thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What I find disturbing is that more and more problems are coming out of ACORN and not one person in congress is saying: Wait a minute, WTF? Lets cut the funding and purse strings for this group as they are not upholding the laws of the state or even the federal government. I am abhored by the lack of concern by the women in the video who did not look and tell the people who were suggesting setting up a brothel for underage illegales.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
The audio of the assemby critter in Orange County, CA, didn't shock me at all. That's seemed like normal stuff among politicians of all parties.

I was shocked and disgusted to read about that crap. I had no idea lobbyists sent whores to do their bidding, and get laws passed in their favor, at OUR expense. I knew about the dontations (bribes), but i had no idea they donated butt too. Wow, the life of a politician is like that of a rock star, i guess. That married assembly critter was even given an ethics award, only to be caught on tape bragging about nailing female lobbyists. They don't even try to hide it anymore, none of them are afraid of us, they know we the people will do nothing more than bitch a bit and forget about it. If ever we get the nerve to put an end to this, we need to start with these special interest groups and lobbyists. That way, when we move to the politicians, they won't slide back in and corrupt the new system in the same way...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Read it again....

Aren't these people going to be running the census next year?

Looks like a question to me...

:

Reminds me of a Lee Atwater style push poll...

If Govenor X was a pedophile would that change your opinion of him?

Just a question….

Both Karl Rove and Roger Ailes (president of FOX News) came up under Atwater. They were his protégés.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I subscribe to the outrage everyone has expressed in this thread. However, and just to give it a different spin. WHERE IS THE REST OF THE MEDIA!!!

FOX, as best I can tell, is the ONLY news station covering this illegal, immoral and anti-human infraction. And yes...I mean anti-human. Unless you support forcing underage, illegal girls into this country...as slaves...to sell sex to pedophiles a "human" act. Where is MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and all the other lap dogs of this administration?

SUGGESTION: I usually check out the news sites in this order...MSNBC.com, NEWSMAX.com and FOXNEWS.com. NO MORE! NEVER AGAIN! Why waste my precious time making a stop at MSNBC when I now know they SUPPORT this type of action by the likes of ACORN? And yes...I mean SUPPORT. If your job is to cover news and you ignore something this big...this disgusting, then in my book you SUPPORT it. Bye MSNBC.

And to the "administration"....I don't give a crap that you will be calling this the EXCEPTION to the other WONDERFUL things ACORN does. BS!!! The cancer that needs to be weeded out IS the organization, not the individuals TAUGHT by, and EMPLOYED by, and TRAINED by this organization. Lets never forget...if they are caught for one thing, they were definitely NOT CAUGHT for hundreds more.

Mr. Obama...the ACORN doesn't fall from from the tree! So as you stand tall and strong, confidant in your roots and branching out to all sides of the political spectrum. Don't forget the fruit you allow to rot upon the soil of these United States Of America. I KNOW I WON'T!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Any comment on the topic of this thread or are you going to continue to deflect from ACORN advising those people?

I would like to hear your opinion how they are doing..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Hmmm... your Factcheck article is dated June 26th. Here's something else for you to chew on that's a bit more recent.
spectator.org...

In its official statement responding to the ACORN controversy, the Obama Commerce Department downplayed ACORN's participation in the Census, and labeled "baseless" the notion that ACORN would be involved in any Census count. However, the Census Bureau offered ACORN the opportunity to "recruit Census workers" who would participate in the count. Moreover, as an "executive level" partner, ACORN has the ability to "organize and/or serve as a member on a Complete Count Committee," which, according to Census documents, helps "develop and implement locally based outreach and recruitment campaigns."

Given that the Obama administration lied about ACORN's involvement in the Census, it might be lying now about the laid off workers being temporary employees. Is the way being cleared for ACORN workers to be hired?

I never claimed that ACORN would be "running" the census. I do, however, state that they are clearly going to be both recruiting census takers as well as providing them from their own rank and file, or at least have the potential to do so as executive level partners.

You are judged largely by the company you keep. The fact that ACORN as a whole has only been officially named as a defendant in a couple of voter fraud cases is irrelevant. The fact that ACORN employees/volunteers, while working under their capacity for ACORN have been named in numerous cases of voter fraud, as well as other criminal activities is extremely relevant. THE COMPANY YOU KEEP. If your chosen company is comprised largely of theives, liars, deviants, and derelicts, then you should be judged accordingly... which is exactly what I am doing. I am judging ACORN as being a group which has chosen to associate itself with the dregs of society.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Any comment on the topic of this thread or are you going to continue to deflect from ACORN advising those people?

I would like to hear your opinion how they are doing..

Thanks for asking...

I think Acorn as an organization needs greater oversight, a change in management and to be divested from any taxpayer funding until they can prove themselves responsible and genuinely independent. They should be stripped of any financial avenues that permit them to function as a political tool of a given party or candidate.

I also feel this way about countless organizations and I think Acorn is no better or worse than thousands of right wing and left wing organizations.

I feel that ACORN has been inflated to Satanic Cult status by falsehoods and lies propigated by the right leaning news outlets like FOX who prioritize agenda over truth.

And while I think Acorn has genuine issues I think the steady stream of BS about them helps neither the GOP's credibility or adds to any effort to reform them.

And like I suggested...there are many other "grass roots" organizations that are more worthy of scrutiny..on both the left and right.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Actually a weak attempt was made by a few Congresspersons to investigate ACORN but it got shut down. It is not popular to go against an organization on which Obama built his career.

As with Bush and his oil ties never seeing the light of day, Obama's ties to what amounts to Organized Crime will never see the light of day.

If I recall correctly ACORN has something like 28 cover organizations all operating and collecting money through their New Orleans office. This is all public knowledge and if anyone cared the investigation would have been underway long ago in a serious manner.

They even had the founders brother embezell a million from ACORN and he was not only not prosecuted they swept it under the rug and placed him in one of the cover organizations. I don't think any of these facts are under dispute.

A group of past ACORN local leaders who quit when the national office refused to disclose a financial report to them, has been trying to get an investigation going. They have been blocked because ACORN has full backing of the DNC and Obama. These are not Right Wing nuts, they are former administrators from ACORN and they know for a fact it is and Organized Crime operation.

One way it does help us is that anyone who defends ACORN has outed themselves as thinking criminal activity is right as long as it benefits their political point of view and hurts those who don't do as they wish.

ACORN is as immune from the light of day as the contractors hired to do work in Iraq who were protected by Bush. Same thing exactly.

ACORN will never be exposed or face a real investigation and anyone who tries to stop this organized crime operation will be facing reprisal from Obama and the DNC. When you are the errand boy for the POTUS you can do what you want especially if it was the POTUS who set you up in the first place.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Nothing will happen to ACORN as long as Obama is in the White House and the same Party controls the entire government. Just like nothing happened to the crooked contractors in Iraq under Bush.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Thanks for asking...

I think Acorn as an organization needs greater oversight, a change in management and to be divested from any taxpayer funding until they can prove themselves responsible and genuinely independent. They should be stripped of any financial avenues that permit them to function as a political tool of a given party or candidate.

I also feel this way about countless organizations and I think Acorn is no better or worse than thousands of right wing and left wing organizations.

Thanks, I can agree with this, I won't touch the rest of the post since I have no left nor right dog in the political fight, I am just tired of how these appalling acts can go on, without some strong outrage by the people we have elected to manage our taxpayer dollars..

If they can find time to haul in baseball players for some performance enhancing drug issue, they should have ample time to haul these types of groups before them to find out what is going on and demand answers and accountability by those running the show.

This would appear to me, being just a lowly citizen, a much more serious issue than whether some high priced athlete (non taxpayer funded) is juicing up and breaking the MLB rules.

ed:sp

[edit on 9/10/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

More worthy than an organization that apparently condones prostitution and gives no pause when told that there are underage girls being brought over for that sole purpose?

Please be specific in what organizations are rife with corruption comparable to this, and I'll be just as outraged at them. Though I think you'll have a hard time finding any that can outdo Acorn.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
Please be specific in what organizations are rife with corruption comparable to this, and I'll be just as outraged at them. Though I think you'll have a hard time finding any that can outdo Acorn.

I'm not the one the question was asked of, but I can name a couple regardless. I'd say that to find a comparable level of corruption you'd have to look at the White House, the House of Representatives, the US Senate, and most state legislatures.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Tax fraud is harmless?

Well evidently Tim Geithner, Tom Daschel and Charlie Wrangel all think so.
No wonder the Dems love ACORN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join