It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Help With Access...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I Have Been Offered A Job In A Programming Department But Now This Is The Catch I Dont Know Access And I Have To Learn It By Tuesday And Tutorials Are A Waste Of Time I Need Advice From A Human Not A Help File... So Plz Is There Anyone Who Can Teach Me??

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by The Black Death]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry I can't exactly help you, but have you considered something like this?

Idiots guide to Access

I've never read a book like this, but I imagine they are a quick way to become familiar with a product.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Depends what you are doing in Access. You need to understand relational databases and database applications. I don't believe someone will be able to help you remotely over the web to build the understanding you need. Getting a book would be your best bet and put in some hard study. You probably will need to understand creating tables, relating data, running queries (which some SQL language is helpful for), and running and creating reports.

Some Visual Basic is good too if you need to create and kind of custom GUI interfaces.

Good Luck.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Access can get fairly confusing. Some of the basics; information is stored in �Tables�; you can create input masks for �Tables� to require a certain format of the information; the information stored in Tables is viewed, manipulated and entered in �Forms�. You can use �Reports� to print out or view specific information stored in �Tables�.

You should spend some time in the Access help files.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I Guess I Will Have To Get A Book:bnghd:
That Isnt What I Wanted To Do, I Have Untill
Tuesday To Learn The Basics, But A Book It
Shall Be If Anyone Has Any Hints For Me Plz Post...

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by The Black Death]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey congratulation on your new job. I hope you don't talk like your type

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ha Ha Very Funny Its An Obsessive Compulsive Disorder I Have With the Caps...

new topics

top topics

join