It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$23 for a ferris wheel ride????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We went to the state fair last night. My husband and I love going to fairs and carnivals. But like everything else, they are getting to danged expensive! You have a steep gate entry. Drinks are 5 bucks. It is incredible how expensive any function is getting. I thought these things are supposed to be family friendly.

But what REALLY got us was our son wanted a ferris wheel ride. We were floored to find out it is 6 tickets a person. A ticket is 1.25 each! Each ride was like this!

So just for all three of us to go on a ferris wheel ride was 23$?
I understand they have to pay for electricity and insurance. But good heavens. Lower it a little and you might actually get people to go on it.

so needless to day, since it was a couple hours worth of pay to go on one ride, only two could go. And a family couldn't ride it together. Too expensive. Especially since we wanted to go on more then one ride.

So a couple of rides, games, Most of which started at 3$ a piece and a sandwhich and ice cream ended up costing us 100 last night.

Ridiculous!

I would like us to go the ren fair this year also. But that is effectively now 27$ a person to get in. What the hell is with these prices?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ridiculous isn't even close to what it is. But if you want to have fun these days, I guess you'll have to pay alot more with the ways things are going.

I personally, hate and fear ferris wheels. They make me dizzy and feel like I'd rather be dead than on one of those things, especially the huge ones. I've even had horrific nightmares involving the death of one of my children falling off of one and dying.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I went to the fair over ten years ago and was floored when they charged $3 for a cup of pop (flat) and $5 for a cup of beer. The tickets were 75 cents a piece, and most rides were at least three tickets with the fun ones being six tickets. The first day had offered hand bands at $20 a piece which included all the rides. I decided then my carnival/fair days would be limited to walking around and keeping an eye out for my sons.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If people wer't so dumb they'd walk!!

Sorry if that came off a little flippent - I'm talking about the masses here not the individual... People seem to get floored by the lights and the noise and the pressure to have a good time! - Beggers can make more than a working person! Supermarkets sell certain 'catch items' at a loss!!

All you got to do is choose how you are gooing to be ripped off Once one guy gets a look at another guys scam.... Well then you have a vicious cycle starting up
:bash:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I actually like the community parts of fairs. the 4-H, I like to see the baking winners and the paintings and the quilts. There are a lot of talented people out there.

Though it seems the community part is quickly falling to the wayside and the commerical part is taking over. There was one whole exhibition center just for companies sporting their goods.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Carnivals and fairs remind me of the comic bit by Jay Leno about the rides being on the back of the trucks in case someone gets hurt. He also goes on about the types who are in charge of the rides. Should anyone really be riding something put together by those Bozos?

new topics

top topics

join