It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to collect personal info from social networks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The contractor shall provide the necessary services to capture, store, extract to approved formats, and transfer content published by EOP on publicly-accessible web sites, along with information posted by non-EOP persons on publicly-accessible web sites where the EOP offices under PRA maintains a presence, throughout the term of the contract...
12.1.2 The Contractor agrees, in the performance of this task order, to keep the information disclosed to the Contractor, or information contained in the source documents furnished by the EOP or otherwise obtained in the course of its employment in the strictest confidence, said information being the sole property of the EOP. The Contractor also agrees not to publish, reproduce or otherwise divulge such information, in whole or in part, in any manner or form, nor authorize or permit others to do so, taking reasonable measures as are necessary to restrict access to the information, while in his or her possession, to those employees who must have the information to perform the work provided herein on a ―need-to-know‖ basis, and agrees to immediately notify the Contracting Officer in writing in the event the Contractor determines, or has reason to suspect, a breach of this requirement. The Contractor is responsible for ensuring all employees involved in the performance of this task order sign a ―Non-Disclosure Agreement‖ (See Attachment 1). The Contractor shall provide an original copy of each
14.1 The Contractor shall inform the Contracting Officer whether or not, to the best of its knowledge and belief, it has or does not have any organizational or personal conflicts of interest as defined below: RFQ NUMBER: WHO-S-09-0003 PAGE 8
―Organizational conflict of interest‖ means a situation in which the Contractor has interests, either due to its other activities or its relationships with other organizations, which place it in a position that may be unsatisfactory or unfavorable (1) from the Government’s standpoint in being able to secure impartial, technically sound, objective assistance and advice from the Contractor, or (2) from industry’s standpoint in that unfair competitive advantages may accrue to the Contractor in question.

This is really quite slick.

They will use the Presidential Records Act as legal justification to collect anything they want from public social networking sites like ATS for instance.

To get away with it they simply have to join the public site in some fashion which then kicks the Presidential Records Act into gear. They can not be stopped from joining, so it gives them an easy way to collect whatever information they want simply because they joined.

Unless a site has the courage to sue them on this and take it to the courts I don't see what could stop them.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So I guess they already know how many times I click on the Mafia game!!
But it feels so good to click! Clicky clicky click!
Ah whatever... I know if i was in Gov. I would definitely be monitoring all these sites including this one and FB, among others! What better way to gauge the public... see how we react to certain things.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

Like civilian detention camps or force immunizations?

Yeah, great way to gauge public opinion. How about taking a survey prior to voting on a Bill that half of congress hasn't even read.

But, that would mean that they'd have to do their JOB. That'd be a shame.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It is not just the C.I.A. Nor is it just Facebook. All Governments are collecting data on all of us at all times. It will become worse when they chip us at birth and choose our life course instead of just logging who we speak to and what we read about.........
be afraid but be prepared.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

While this is very shady, I don't really care if the president knows what my favourite bands are. Remember, they can only take what you give them.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeweird
It is not just the C.I.A. Nor is it just Facebook. All Governments are collecting data on all of us at all times. It will become worse when they chip us at birth and choose our life course instead of just logging who we speak to and what we read about.........
be afraid but be prepared.

Reminds me of the movie Gattica, and I believe that what you say will one day be reality, IF, we do nothing.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
LOL, I'm on Facebook, and I don't post anything so personal that I'm in fear. One would have to expect this sort of thing when you're on a social networking site.....

What's funny is all the crying about Bush & the Patriot act. LOL, what a joke. This administration is rediculously, hillarioiusly hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Reading the PDF we find this.

Page 2- 1. Purpose

The purpose of this Statement of Objectives (SOO) is to obtain the necessary services to ensure thatcontent published by the Executive Office of the President (EOP) on publicly-accessible web sites is archived in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA), that information posted on publicly-accessible web sites where the EOP maintains a presence is archived in accordance with the PRA, and that all archived information is securely stored and provided to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) for historical preservation, in accordance with the PRA.

and then on page 4.- Background

In order to comply with the Presidential Records Act, the White House New Media team is looking for a non personal service contractor to crawl and archive PRA content on all third party sites where the EOP has a presence (i.e. Facebook.com/whitehouse, Twitter.com/whitehouse).

Look at the URL's. Forward/whitehouse. They are not mining information from facebook accounts, just recording what they post on the whitehouse facebook/twitter accounts or other sites the gov posts on which are not hosted on government servers.

Face reality. They got your DNA at birth. They know who you are, where you live, how much you earn, your IP address, and just about everything else there is to know about you. They don't need to spy on you on facebook.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
www.securityfocus.com...

Heres what the NSA has been involved with on internet social sites

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Yes, exactly like detention camps and forced immunization...
I would imagine that this site and any other website where people can share ideas as openly as we do... are on the top of the list.
With all the anti-government sentiments on here... I would imagine sites like this would be monitored for Homegrown Terrorism Suspects. Don't kid yourself into thinking that the Intelligence Community thinks we are all a bunch of harmless looney folk who believe in aliens and telekinesis...
We are all on a list somewhere. Guaranteed!

Oh and I said "Gauge the Public". I said nothing of Opinions. That I'm sure is the last thing anyone cares about.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join