It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concluding that 9/11 is a Government Conspiracy is Grotesque

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What the hell. I just do not get it. After starting this tread over a hundred times, in my mind, I could not come up with a logical approach. When I first came to this website, I did notice the 9/11 conspiracy boards. Even though I knew they were there, I still managed to sign up for this site. Above Top Secret is the hub for any type of conspiracy. Elvis, JFK, UFOs, etc... You can find almost anything here. Out of all the topics that can be found here, I find the 9/11 boards to be very disturbing.

If I have to relate the comments in this section to a specific person, I would have thought they were coming from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. According to that creep over in Iran, he said that the Holocaust never happened. I see people in these boards saying the exact same thing, but they replaced the Holocaust with 9/11.

I am not sure if some of you get off on this debate. I do not understand how a person could blame a sitting US President for killing 2,000+ of his own citizens. I find it revolting, grotesque, and freakish.

I keep asking myself "What type of human being do you have to be in order to believe 9/11 is a conspiracy?" After pondering this question for a few days, I concluded that there is something seriously wrong with some of you.

American Exceptionalism

Scary animation of 9/11 jet impact reveals truth

What you 'truthers' lack is a shred of humanity. Enjoy the above two clips. Maybe you will learn something.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Pathos]

+76 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I honestly do not believe that one single 9/11 "truther" takes their views lightly -
Every one of them has experienced the same feelings of disgust that you have described...you need to take a bit of time to look at the reasons they have reached the conclusions.
If there are any particular "facts" that you believe are false - put a post in to challenge them with evidence to support your view.
A blanket rejection will not evoke a good reaction.
Your revulsion is understandable - but will maybe be perceived as a little naive

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I changed the thread's original title, so it more closely reflects what is being said. I find their logic very distasteful. Many of them do not have a single ounce of pride in their nation.

Your telling me that our government did this:

That is sick.

National Geographic: 9/11 Impact Anatomy

+63 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
9/11 was not carried out by a bunch of box cutter wielding Arabs, and it was most definitely not masterminded by the boogie man known as Binladen.

Now your going to get a bunch of people come into this thread and give you some links. Maybe read through a few, it seems you are simply another ignorant pleeb looking for answers. Or its possible you are yet another fingers in the ears close your eyes and stomp your feet type.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Retikx]

+39 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

you are correct it was grotesque, but to question what happened is normal. not to question is just plain dumb. the fact of the matter is there are only 2 people who can tell our military to stand down and one of them isn't OBL. so tell me in your world, who told our military to stand down.

9/11 truther and damn proud of it.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

"Our government" orchestrated pearl harbor. Research it and see for yourself.

Then if you can't admit that don't bother with 911 ever again, you'll just be unable to reach an unbiased conclusion.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

Very well said, bravo. star for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
reply to post by Pathos

"Our government" orchestrated pearl harbor. Research it and see for yourself.

Then if you can't admit that don't bother with 911 ever again, you'll just be unable to reach an unbiased conclusion.

Our government provoked Pearl Harbor, but they did not orchestrate the event. As a result of poking around, we were caught off guard by a sneak attack.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here is one for you all:

What would have been gained?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong

Your revulsion is understandable - but will maybe be perceived as a little naive

Concluding that 9/11 is a Government Conspiracy is the proper application of Occam's Razor -- and a ton of direct evidence.

The OP's revulsion is 180 degrees out of phase with reality unless he is directing that revulsion toward the criminals running our country. Describing the OP as 'naive' is being charitable.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by praxis]

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I am not sure if some of you get off on this debate. I do not understand how a person could blame a sitting US President for killing 2,000+ of his own citizens. I find it revolting, grotesque, and freakish. I keep asking myself "What type of human being do you have to be in order to believe 9/11 is a conspiracy?" After pondering this question for a few days, I concluded that there is something seriously wrong with some of you.

translated:

I am not sure if some of you get off on this debate. I do not understand how a person could trust a sitting US President who helped kill 2,000+ of his own citizens. I find it revolting, grotesque, and freakish. I keep asking myself "What type of human being do you have to be in order to believe 9/11 is a NOTa conspiracy?" After pondering this question for a few days, I concluded that there is something seriously wrong with some of you.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Maya432]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Serious: What would be gained from killing thousands upon thousands of people?

Maya432,
My words do not need translation.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
From someone that does believe 911 was a government orchestration the logic of comparing it to holocaust denial is a bit out of place...

a) I believe the holocaust did take place based on much documentation, first and second person statements and a huge slew of evidence.

b) I don't deny the WTC disaster took place, I saw it happen on the news (allegedly live).

c) What I do question is with the amount of individuals, pilots, architects, military, demolitions experts that have come forward since the events and said "No way did those planes bring the towers down". I'm not disputing that the planes hit the towers, I'm sceptical about the manner in which they came down and the whys and wherefores.

Can anyone blindly trust a government that has continually lied to it and deceived its populace over a wide-range of things?

Is there the possibility there that a government might have a false-flag operation for its own nefarious ends? Just a small possibility?

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos

Out of all the topics that can be found here, I find the 9/11 boards to be very disturbing.

You should find it disturbing, because it is very much real and most likely one of the most proven truths that you will find on this site.

There is an overwhelming mountain of evidence that contradicts almost every detail of the official story line.

I find it disturbing that my own government had a direct hand in the slaughter of over 3,000 American citizens for financial gain and strategic purposes.

Ignorance is bliss and most "truthers" (hate that word) would love to believe that these things arent true as much if not more than you. The problem is common sense and having a conscience won't allow it.

You are entitled to your beliefs, but understand that those of us who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy dont do so because it is fun or hip or trendy. We are mostly regular citizens who have been presented with opposing facts that simply cannot be ignored.

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

• FISA - wiretapping
  • Ability to freeze assests of anyone without reason
  • Looting of the public monies
  • Covering up a 2 trillion dollar missing from pentagon budget
  • Cover up UFO disclosure prject testifying before congress
  • Military Powers act expansion
  • Ability to detain people indefinitly without trials

What reasons don't they have to kill thousands? Humanity?

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Maya432,
My words do not need translation.

A blank check to go to war with whoever they blame for it. Gulf of Tonkin? familiar?

link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I find it disturbing that my own government had a direct hand in the slaughter of over 3,000 American citizens for financial gain and strategic purposes.

Ignorance is bliss and most "truthers" (hate that word) would love to believe that these things arent true as much if not more than you. The problem is common sense and having a conscience won't allow it.

You are entitled to your beliefs, but understand that those of us who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy dont do so because it is fun or hip or trendy. We are mostly regular citizens who have been presented with opposing facts that simply cannot be ignored.

What?!?!

Wait. Wait. Financial gain? What did we gain financially?

+5 more 
link   
To the OP : You need to come to terms with reality.

Think about 9/11 with an unbiased mind and theres only one conclusion. Stop fighting yourself and all of the propaganda thats been beat into your head since a small child and come up with your own educated, unbiased opinion.

+4 more 
link   

An endless series of wars which bring massive dollars into pentagon coffers. Yet another series of moves on the US empire's chess board -- securing global strategic position and assets.

This 'war on terror' is also depleting the State's national guard people and assets as they are being shipped off overseas. Just another way to weaken the power of the state governments.

I'm sure there are a hundred other reasons we are fighting a non-existent enemy.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I changed the thread's original title, so it more closely reflects what is being said. I find their logic very distasteful. Many of them do not have a single ounce of pride in their nation.

Your telling me that our government did this:

That is sick.

National Geographic: 9/11 Impact Anatomy

Having pride in one's nation, and criticizing the government are two completely different things. I don't believe the "official" version of the government, but that does not mean I hate the U.S.

now how do you expect people to love this nation when it has such as bad history of hypocrisy and evil?

the enslavement of blacks, the unjust detainment of people of Japanese descent during world war two, the U.S. involvement in other nations to overthrow nations and place puppet leaders (check Chilean history), draconian laws such as the PATRIOT act, etc.

heck, just look at this:
www.buzzle.com...

Let me tell you, it is VERY difficult to be "proud" of being american when your nation has such a horrible history.I don't hate this country, nor do I feel proud. I am in a neutral ground. I would like this country to be better, but considering most (if not all) of our history has been in the hands of power hungry individuals and idiots then i really don't see how the U.S. could live up to it's (supposed) name of being an ideal nation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join