It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents upset over 'leftist propaganda' video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
Honestly, though. These celebrities were not telling anyone to do ANYTHING. They were simply stating what THEY would/will do.

Sure, it is a crappy choice for a school setting. But for the most part these celebrities are saying what THEY will do, not telling anyone else to do anything. For us, this should be entertainment. Although for them, I hope they stick to their "pledge," and "end slavery for 5 million people", and help out old people.

So WHAT if they pledge to worship Obama's every step and word?

I think this video was simply in poor taste for a school setting, but has nothing to do with indoctrinating kids.

So you do not feel as though by telling people what they will do, they are not trying to persuade others to follow suit? Would you also submit that these kids are intellectually mature enough to form thier own decisions on entertainment or propaganda?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by freeyourmind1111

It was produced by Oprah Winfrey's production company! With her funding and full cooperation!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It just goes to show you who they think are role models.
Nothing wrong with volunteerism, but then again, we don't want to be forced into it do we.

"I guess that fighting and dieing for our country if there were ever a [draft] would be fine, but asking us to get off our lazy asses and make a difference in our own communities, is going to far."

I feel that the message would have had far greater impact and been less provocative if they had left out all reference to B.O.

Funny how his initials are B.O., because something stinks about this whole thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
As far as these actors pledging themselves to Obama, that's just distubring. If they want to help out their community and such then that's fine. Community service should be voluntary, unless mandted by a court. This whole thing of forcing people to do community service is just wrong.

The worse thing is that there are Americans who can't understand what is so wrong about FORCING people to do Mandatory Community Service....

They are that naive, and that brainwashed, and I have even seen some members made this sort of statement even in the forums....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How you can blame this on Obama is a mystery to me.

Can you not find things he's actually doing to criticize him for? Do you need to find things other people do and blame that on him?

Oh please spare us the double talk...

The Obama administration is PAYING people to endorse his propaganda....

Americans who go to "townhall meetings" are not allowed to go in with their own ads, but they are given ads already written by the Obama thugs...

Even H.R. 1388 which was already passed into law, and others that they are trying to pass, gives power over to the Corporation to indoctrinate students, and professors into the "party line" and this is exaclty what is happening...

No offense but you seem to be one of the many Americans who is "asleep at the wheels."

[edit on 3-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I was informing some people of the "Oathkeepers" in the military and Law Enforcement, and they gave me some scary news!! I guess there is also a movement or possibly even a bill to change the Oath that our military takes. They want to replace the word Constitution with President!!

That will be the final blow if it passes! I haven't searched for its authenticity yet, I had forgotten about it until I saw this Thread. I will try to find some confirmation now.

Yes, that is exactly how Rome went from a republic to an empire when Augustus (formerly Octavian) took over. He had the Roman army pledge their allegiance to himself instead of the state.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

So right Mike. I just watched a show on the history channel about Adolph and many of his soldiers were asked after the war why they followed him. They said they were just overwhelmed by him and of course they were all looking for change.

There is a country song that asks, "Have you forgotten" well I guess the Jews, the Japenese Americans and even the blacks have forgotten what slavery, imprisonment and genocide looked like just before they hit.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Hah exactly what i thought ... if i can find it he did a film really similar to this one for the Hitlers Youth program

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join